The Sitwell Enterprises League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Miller is such a joke in this game. Honestly, I have not seen worse rebound control from a single goaltender in the league.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Seems like there are quite a few teams with games left this window?

I'm at 77 GP. I assume that's near the end-point for most?

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Sure sounds suspicious, especially after you duck me all day, only to hop on last minute and play my CPU...

I can confirm that the score was stuck at NJD 3, NYI 1 in the 3rd period.

Wilco messaged me via Chatzy to look at the Dashboard and confirm it, just in case someone raised the question later.

Tupelo

Come On You Spurs
Nov 28, 2007
St. Louis
Sure sounds suspicious, especially after you duck me all day, only to hop on last minute and play my CPU...

I didn't duck you. I sent you multiple messages trying to figure out a time. Ive been cramming for my last exam and Ive been staying up all night and sleep during the day. I'm sorry that your not on at night. And like I told you in the PM, you can play my CPU during this block. I just wanted to avoid getting injuries in the sim.

The commish was on at the time I was playing. If he saw the score he can attest I was up 3-1. And I made sure another league member saw the score before I restarted my system in case something arose.

Sweeney Tard

Dec 6, 2011
Did you contact him? Did he contact you?

Yeah we both contacted each other, just never were both around at the same time. Waited around for him all day today (he was posted away). Had to go around 7est, but I didn't play his CPU as it didn't seem fair, we both tried to get it in.

As far as the 3-1 score goes, there's still injuries and such that could make someone want to quit out. I normally wouldn't doubt someone's integrity in this spot, but I can't help but wonder after these circumstances...

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Yeah we both contacted each other, just never were both around at the same time. Waited around for him all day today (he was posted away). Had to go around 7est, but I didn't play his CPU as it didn't seem fair, we both tried to get it in.

As far as the 3-1 score goes, there's still injuries and such that could make someone want to quit out. I normally wouldn't doubt someone's integrity in this spot, but I can't help but wonder after these circumstances...

You shouldn't in this case.

You two couldn't get on the same page schedule-wise. He played your CPU last time, and he said you could play his this block. That seems a pretty reasonable compromise to me.

Sweeney Tard

Dec 6, 2011
You shouldn't in this case.

You two couldn't get on the same page schedule-wise. He played your CPU last time, and he said you could play his this block. That seems a pretty reasonable compromise to me.

It's a fine compromise but playing a CPU is boring, and I'm not seeking restitution. Still unhappy about having my CPU played after I was online all day, but it's out there now and I'm going to move on.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Jeez, talk about an effective slot shot. And also terrible officiating on both sides.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
And my best center is now injured for the rest of the season and playoffs.

Wonderful.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Hate to *****, but it's all in good faith to help strengthen a respectful league

I just finished a game against an opponent that I very well could be facing in the first round and he pulled every questionable distasteful attempts to cheat me out of a win.

From curl blue line flops. Spam poking. boardplay when crossing blueline. backhand flop rebound exploits. No zone setup. etc

What's even more frustrating is all the great unique plays I was attempting and converting on in the game. Completed two seperate plays that included at least 1 drop pass and 3+ consecutive touch passes, all clean lane passes for goals. Just gorgeous plays anyone should respect. All the while keeping amazing zone possession... only to be tainted by exploitative unsportsmanlike conduct.

Just want to preface a possible playoff meeting (1st round even) with hopes of having respectful, considerate, and just plain FUN play. We shouldn't be here to CHEAT our opponent. We should be here to compete respectfully while having fun. Integrity should be first in foremost in something of this nature. Something that requires much dedication when compared to any other ordinary game mode.

Hopefully I'm understood in this respect

Cheers,
:sharks

dimes

Sep 10, 2012
Hate to *****, but it's all in good faith to help strengthen a respectful league

I just finished a game against an opponent that I very well could be facing in the first round and he pulled every questionable distasteful attempts to cheat me out of a win.

From curl blue line flops. Spam poking. boardplay when crossing blueline. backhand flop rebound exploits. No zone setup. etc

What's even more frustrating is all the great unique plays I was attempting and converting on in the game. Completed two seperate plays that included at least 1 drop pass and 3+ consecutive touch passes, all clean lane passes for goals. Just gorgeous plays anyone should respect. All the while keeping amazing zone possession... only to be tainted by exploitative unsportsmanlike conduct.

Just want to preface a possible playoff meeting (1st round even) with hopes of having respectful, considerate, and just plain FUN play. We shouldn't be here to CHEAT our opponent. We should be here to compete respectfully while having fun. Integrity should be first in foremost in something of this nature. Something that requires much dedication when compared to any other ordinary game mode.

Hopefully I'm understood in this respect

Cheers,
:sharks

Interesting perspective. You had a few pretty goals, congrats. I threw some pucks at the net and they went in, no need to be so sour about it and I'm not sure how any of the goals are considered an exploit. If I have a split second before I'm going to get hit or turn the puck over I'm going to throw it at the net, I'm pretty sure thats the smart hockey decision.

Pretty upsetting that you bad mouth in such poor taste then call me a cheater. You play good D, so I throw pucks at the net from all angles, try to make passes when I can but I'll take my garbage goals. They don't all have to be pretty drop passes you know.

If we meet in the first round you can play my CPU, it's no fun winning if you're going to be all upset that I cheated and didn't score and pretty goals. No need to be so disrespectful.

Good luck with your NHL goals in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad