OT: The significance of your profile picture

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Thanks for sharing.

... I looked into it further, there are quite a few (not even sure this is an exhaustive or accurate list):
  • dub/reggae: 60-90 bpm
  • downtempo/chillout: 90-120 bpm
  • deep house: 120-125 bpm
  • house: 120-130 bpm
  • tech house: 120-130 bpm
  • electro house: 125-130 bpm
  • progressive house: 125-130 bpm
  • trance: 130-135 bpm
  • dubstep: 130-145 bpm
  • techno: 130-150 bpm
  • hard house: 145-150 bpm
  • jungle: 155-180 bpm
  • drum and bass: 165-185 bpm
  • hardcore/gabber: 160-200 bpm
That "hardcore/gabber" style looks like quite the challenge for those dancing to it, lol.

200... 200! I find that Jungle and DnB are easier to listen to, as they usually only have the beats at 160-180 while the other tracks of the song are half-beat at 80-90 bpm. With Gabba it's 200 for every tracks. The tracks I'm working on go from 80 to 140 and I refuse to go higher than 140-145 :laugh:

I was born in ‘82, so I missed out on seeing them in their prime, but have managed to see around 16 concerts of theirs since the dream tour in 2000. Have seen them all over the world from Canada to Colombia to New Jersey To Spain and lots of places in between. Waited 8 hours to be front row at the Royal Albert Hall in London a few years back. Was the best show ever!

Can’t say i’ve Ever seen Maiden, but i’m Sure they put on good show. Possibly with pyrotechnics! Haha

That's amazing. That must be so awesome to share your Cure love with people from all these places. And yes, lots of pyros (and dbs) at Maiden's shows. What I love about The Cure live is the atmosphere they create especially with the longer, slower songs. I also think it's important that I specify that I was very young in the early 80s...

She is indeed a malamute, going to be 7 in October and from the same breeder as my last one. Sadly he retired from breeding after 25 or so years.

She is on the smaller side for a female at about 60lbs or so. My last boy, Koda, was 85lbs. Very family oriented dogs, especially when raised with kids etc. They do prefer a fair amount of exercise but also fine with chilling next to you watching tv. They love the outdoors, especially snow related stuff of course, sledding, skijoring, etc. They are stubborn at times and are not dumb as some might think.

My next one, which I think will be next year as I'd like to have two will be from this breeder Tonomi Alaskan Malamutes or Responsible breeder of quality purebred Alaskan Malamutes Good solid lines, very reputable breeder, and all around great dogs from looks to temperament etc. I am on her waiting list right now. She has dogs that are show dogs, working dogs and some work as therapy dogs etc.

the late Koda

IMG_0607.jpg

423_1944.jpg

100_2467.jpg

Juno

IMG_3613_zps6d0585c1.jpg

Junoinhertunnelwinter2012_zps6d44b357.jpg

Her with my cat and a dog I fostered for a while. There can be some same sex dog aggression so socialization is important. They also have a good prey drive but will like with other animals they grow up in my personal experience.

IMG_4017_zpsbc1b2d4a.jpg

IMG_4848_zpsd5d3bb6b.jpg

What a beautiful dog. They're all very good pictures, but that last one is great, wow! Are you sure he was socializing with the other dog? Looks like he got his paws on some delicious special brownies :laugh:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
She is indeed a malamute, going to be 7 in October and from the same breeder as my last one. Sadly he retired from breeding after 25 or so years.

She is on the smaller side for a female at about 60lbs or so. My last boy, Koda, was 85lbs. Very family oriented dogs, especially when raised with kids etc. They do prefer a fair amount of exercise but also fine with chilling next to you watching tv. They love the outdoors, especially snow related stuff of course, sledding, skijoring, etc. They are stubborn at times and are not dumb as some might think.

My next one, which I think will be next year as I'd like to have two will be from this breeder Tonomi Alaskan Malamutes or Responsible breeder of quality purebred Alaskan Malamutes Good solid lines, very reputable breeder, and all around great dogs from looks to temperament etc. I am on her waiting list right now. She has dogs that are show dogs, working dogs and some work as therapy dogs etc.

the late Koda

IMG_0607.jpg

423_1944.jpg

100_2467.jpg

Juno

IMG_3613_zps6d0585c1.jpg

Junoinhertunnelwinter2012_zps6d44b357.jpg

Her with my cat and a dog I fostered for a while. There can be some same sex dog aggression so socialization is important. They also have a good prey drive but will like with other animals they grow up in my personal experience.

IMG_4017_zpsbc1b2d4a.jpg

IMG_4848_zpsd5d3bb6b.jpg
thank you

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
200... 200! I find that Jungle and DnB are easier to listen to, as they usually only have the beats at 160-180 while the other tracks of the song are half-beat at 80-90 bpm. With Gabba it's 200 for every tracks. The tracks I'm working on go from 80 to 140 and I refuse to go higher than 140-145 :laugh:

You're working on your own tracks? Nice.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Poster KawaYui has yet to chime in, in this thread.

He uses the following avatar:

159737.jpg

I thought there was enough of a phonetic resemblance between his avatar and his username and so I modified his avatar to this:

2f29c6.jpg

He liked it in another thread but not enough to make a switch. I tried.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Mine is Rosey La Rose from Strange Brew. Canadian classic, derived from an SCTV skit, Great White North, that was created to fill the extra 2 minutes of commercials on U.S. TV. CRTC mandated Canadian content. So as Dave Thomas said, what is more Canadian than beer and bacon? My first hockey team was called Strange Brew. Elsinore Breweries strangely resembles what Molson is trying to do.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Thanks for sharing.

I'm not familiar with trance or psy trance. I've been exposed to house and deep house.

Looking into it further, psy has a faster pace than house and deep house.

I've listened to a few cuts from Infected Mushroom (Becoming Insane. Suliman, I Wish and most of their IM21 Remix EP) and there is a strong melodic component from what I heard.

If you don't mind sharing some of your favorites from all or any of the artists you listed, would you please post them in our music thread? Here's the link: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/music.2034671/page-13

Connecting this to hockey in some sense, I saw of lot of interviews with rookie NHL players last year where they were asked what kind of music they listen to mostly. I was surprised to find out how so many of them are into techno and some of them said they were into it on account of their girlfriend. They didn't mention a particular genre. I looked into it further, there are quite a few (not even sure this is an exhaustive or accurate list):

• dub/reggae: 60-90 bpm
  • downtempo/chillout: 90-120 bpm
  • deep house: 120-125 bpm
  • house: 120-130 bpm
  • tech house: 120-130 bpm
  • electro house: 125-130 bpm
  • progressive house: 125-130 bpm
  • trance: 130-135 bpm
  • dubstep: 130-145 bpm
  • techno: 130-150 bpm
  • hard house: 145-150 bpm
  • jungle: 155-180 bpm
  • drum and bass: 165-185 bpm
  • hardcore/gabber: 160-200 bpm
That "hardcore/gabber" style looks like quite the challenge for those dancing to it, lol.
I've got close to 50 gigs of trance music on my computer. From progressive, to tech, to uplifting and psy... I never thought it'd be worth sharing some of the best/ hidden trance gems produced in the past 12-13 years, as I didn't picture any of you having any sort of interest in that type of music. I grew up listening to trance, not the popular crap we hear nowadays in EDM festivals labelled as trance. It mostly went the commercial route, with many of its most talented producers switching to house/trouse for money reasons.

I can post some tracks if enough people care, or can PM.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've got close to 50 gigs of trance music on my computer. From progressive, to tech, to uplifting and psy... I never thought it'd be worth sharing some of the best/ hidden trance gems produced in the past 12-13 years, as I didn't picture any of you having any sort of interest in that type of music. I grew up listening to trance, not the popular crap we hear nowadays in EDM festivals labelled as trance. It mostly went the commercial route, with many of its most talented producers switching to house/trouse for money reasons.

I can post some tracks if enough people care, or can PM.

How about posting your top 2 or 3 in the music thread? I thought trance was something best enjoyed as music to dance to.

Also, what's your take on house and deep house?

Looking forward to your answers in the music thread as I don't want to derail this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
I just wrote it down and ever since I've had the chorus in my head. It was nice at first but it's getting annoying.

Great song, but I'm hearing those harmonies and the bass since this morning :laugh:

That's the one I had in mind. The one that's been stuck in my head ever since I posted it.

Oh, I have the original one in mind...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad