OT: The significance of your profile picture

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Truth be told, I don't think I've ever had a profile picture on HF.
I thought you had one before before getting banned or something? I don't remember...
Do you... still have the egg on twitter? :P

For me, kind of self-explanatory, with a little extra reference to a movie based in Compton (made it sound the same). Was relevant when our captain was involved in rumors sending him not too far from that neighbourhood.

I've had Galchenyuk the Molson Cup winner as my previous avatar (no sarcasm, was a fan).
And before that, had one of the "Expect the Unexpected" gifs (loved that campaign, also loved the single Canadian team in Playoffs one). I think I used one with BennyPoo when he fought Wade Redden:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I thought you had one before before getting banned or something? I don't remember...
Do you... still have the egg on twitter? :P

For me, kind of self-explanatory, with a little extra reference to a movie based in Compton (made it sound the same). Was relevant when our captain was involved in rumors sending him not too far from that neighbourhood.

I've had Galchenyuk the Molson Cup winner as my previous avatar (no sarcasm, was a fan).
And before that, had one of the "Expect the Unexpected" gifs (loved that campaign, also loved the single Canadian team in Playoffs one). I think I used one with BennyPoo when he fought Wade Redden:

I've never been banned though. I used to be a global mod even!

My Instagram is empty, my twitter has 5 years of dust on it and my facebook is never used.

I'm not much of a social media guy.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
I've never been banned though. I used to be a global mod even!

My Instagram is empty, my twitter has 5 years of dust on it and my facebook is never used.

I'm not much of a social media guy.
My bad then! :) a lot of you became mods over the years so I don’t remember who did and when!

Yeah, I’m really not into social media either... I post here and on Reddit. True story: one year, in the middle of July, my girlfriend back then was tired of seeing my FB profile picture of me in a big winter coat taken the previous winter, she logged in my account and updated the photo herself...

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
My bad then! :) a lot of you became mods over the years so I don’t remember who did and when!

Yeah, I’m really not into social media either... I post here and on Reddit. True story: one year, in the middle of July, my girlfriend back then was tired of seeing my FB profile picture of me in a big winter coat taken the previous winter, she logged in my account and updated the photo herself...

Oh shit, I've had the same photo for years.

Is that why I'm single?

tenor.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When you see a picture that gives you so much joy, life dictates that you embrace it, so I did! Je t'aime @Bloumeister.

I miss that beloved Blou. Any sightings lately?

Just reprising the avy background I provided in the username thread:

It was chosen on account of liking the image, but also as a reference to my years of playing (not guitar but drums), which I continued throughout my university years, played in local bands, did studio work, studied privately with several university professors. Twas a fascinating sideline and still regret giving it up. There are several professional musicians in my family, so it made sense.

The avy comes from here: Radiohead: Coachella 2012: Weekend One, Day Two

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad