Prospect Info: The Second Overall Pick Thread: Part II (Kakko/Hughes Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Carslberg, Heineken, Foster, Budweiser... It's all the same generic ****
Yeah, kind of like Kakko, Kravtsov, Andersson, Lettieri are all hockey players.

Come on man don't compare Fosters to Heineken and Carlsberg. I'd rather drink my own urine than drink Fosters.
And Fosters is like Gods' nectar compared to that B-shit @Amazing Kreiderman put on his list - hopefully he's back on his meds. : )

P.S. The only saving grace is he didn't put any Belgian beers on the same list that included Fosters and Bud.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Unless you are going to claim to know more than Bob, he said we are taking Hughes/Kakko.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I get the absurdity of the notion that the Rangers might go off the board at #2, it’s really unlikely, and I don’t think there’s any chance it happens (as much as I don’t trust Gordie Clark).

But please stop using the logic of “Bob said we’re picking Kakko!!”.

The guy isn’t the three eyed raven. One speculative post by one of our posters that he gets info from someone inside the Rangers organization (as true as it may be) isn’t enough grounds to take everything Bob says as gospel. He’s an analyst with some inside info - that doesn’t mean he’s spot on with everything.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I can't believe we are still having this conversation. Now people are just bringing it up for attention. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GO OFF THE BOARD. When you hear them talk about lists they've had, they ALWAYS have the top guys at the top. Their lists only start to deviate once they get down to the place that we usually draft at. They were going to draft Petterson in 2017 if he was there instead of Lias. They were going to draft Keller if the trade with Edmonton went down (Not Puljujaarvi who Edmonton went with). They are going to draft Kakko.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I can't believe we are still having this conversation. Now people are just bringing it up for attention. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GO OFF THE BOARD. When you hear them talk about lists they've had, they ALWAYS have the top guys at the top. Their lists only start to deviate once they get down to the place that we usually draft at. They were going to draft Petterson in 2017 if he was there instead of Lias. They were going to draft Keller if the trade with Edmonton went down (Not Puljujaarvi who Edmonton went with). They are going to draft Kakko.

Yes, they will select Kakko for all the reasons above. Because logic dictates they will.

Not because Bob McKenzie said it, not because Shero is a family friend of the Hughes family, not because Kevin Hayes lost 15 pounds using Jenny Craig and not because Brian Boyle improved his skating working with Barb Underhill.

Last edited:

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I get the absurdity of the notion that the Rangers might go off the board at #2, it’s really unlikely, and I don’t think there’s any chance it happens (as much as I don’t trust Gordie Clark).

But please stop using the logic of “Bob said we’re picking Kakko!!”.

The guy isn’t the three eyed raven. One speculative post by one of our posters that he gets info from someone inside the Rangers organization (as true as it may be) isn’t enough grounds to take everything Bob says as gospel. He’s an analyst with some inside info - that doesn’t mean he’s spot on with everything.
Bob is correct far more often than he's wrong, and he has constantly NAILED our selection prior to making it. He absolutely has the Rangers FO as one of his "scouts." So, with all due respect, I think you're absolutely wrong in thinking that what Bob says about our draft plans is meaningless and without sources.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The World Championships begin May 10 in Slovakia. Drury will be there running the US team. Gorton will probably be there too. Gorton is in Sweden for the under 18’s. The Rangers are having their meetings starting May 5 in California. Busy time. Sweden. California. Slovakia. The scouting combine is in late May in Buffalo. Busy time for Gorton and his staff.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
So... when the Devils take Hughes and we follow up with Kakko, we won't have to hear anymore insanity about going off the board when there's a potential franchise player available, or how we should have taken one kid over the other?

Right? Please, Mother of all Things Holy, tell me that I'm right.

If you genuinely don't think that the Rangers want to take the best prospect we may have ever drafted, then at least talk about the possibility of trading down out of the top two. Still nonsense to me, but at least it's grounded in reality.

Reactions: Berserk

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
So... when the Devils take Hughes and we follow up with Kakko, we won't have to hear anymore insanity about going off the board when there's a potential franchise player available, or how we should have taken one kid over the other?

If you genuinely don't think that the Rangers want to take the best prospect we may have ever drafted, then at least talk about the possibility of trading down out of the top two. Still nonsense to me, but at least it's grounded in reality.
Only people talking about going off the board are either trolls, people seeking attention, or are irrational in their logic. When Quinn hints at taking Kakko, Bob says we're taking Kakko, and all the logic in the world dictates as such, it makes the outcome quite obvious.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens

Thank you doggy.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
Only people talking about going off the board are either trolls, people seeking attention, or are irrational in their logic. When Quinn hints at taking Kakko, Bob says we're taking Kakko, and all the logic in the world dictates as such, it makes the outcome quite obvious.

No. Not true at all. If anything the Rangers have been against the grain when it comes to the draft. Hughes is going 1 no doubt. He will be a scoring machine the moment he enters the NHL Can you say the same about Kakko? Team USA is loaded. If the Avs offered 4 and 14 for 2 I would listen.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
No. Not true at all. If anything the Rangers have been against the grain when it comes to the draft. Hughes is going 1 no doubt. He will be a scoring machine the moment he enters the NHL Can you say the same about Kakko? Team USA is loaded. If the Avs offered 4 and 14 for 2 I would listen.
OMG, please, enough of this. We have explained to you several times how wrong you are outside one particular situation under a completely different management team and situation almost 10 years ago.

And yes, I can say the same about Kakko, and you asking as such just confirms to me that you're more so anti-Kakko for some dumb reason versus actually thinking we would pass on him.

And no we would not take that. We don't need more f***ing picks, we're taking the franchise player and we're taking Kakko, just accept it already, JFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad