Prospect Info: The Second Overall Pick Thread: Part II (Kakko/Hughes Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
I think people forget just how good Nash was in Columbus. He just never had any semblance of a team around him. If Kakko winds up as good as Nash we've got one hell of a player on our hands.

It did not help that every top 10 pick busted prior and post Nash

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Is Kakko still #2 or is he going to be #1? I know that we should not worry about whether it is Hughes or Kakko available when the Rangers pick, but they are very different players so I think it does deserve attention.

Reactions: leetch99

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I don't see the Devils passing on Hughes.
That is what I gathered from reading around, and I just wonder if that could drift and change if Kakko climbs over the summer. Every team is different and maybe the Devils already know what requirement they are trying to satisfy. I have always been a BPA adherent but perhaps I am splitting hairs here between the two best.

monkaS

Apr 12, 2019
Shero has connections to Hughes's family and the USDP. Plus, the Devils needs a centerman and someone to sell tickets to the fanbase in Jersey. They could go with Kakko, but not likely right now at least.
kakko has that ranger feel to him. he'll be wearing blue in no time.

in the words of esa tikkanen after his brief stint with Devils:

"who'd want to play in a swamp?"

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
as a prospect he's better than rantanen. rantanen who's like 190 points in his last two seasons. his ceiling should be at least similar to rantanen's. and who knows what that is? should be 100p

I want to agree with this. The Rangers never seem to have that player. Part of me thinks that it’s because they never suck enough to draft these guys (which is why I’ve been so on board with tanking). But the other part of me thinks that it’s because of the coaching and insistence on rolling lines. You need ice time to score that many points.

Reactions: egelband

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Kakko will b the GOAT in scores from the side.

Not only from the side - he could be generational our only wonderkid on Mika`s line who had an elite center season and almost PPG while rebuilding. If we can get Kreider a 4 year contract I don`t really mind - he is a scorer which we need! And he is 31 after the contract extension - we can`t send all veterans packing! ;)

Reactions: egelband and bl02

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I want to agree with this. The Rangers never seem to have that player. Part of me thinks that it’s because they never suck enough to draft these guys (which is why I’ve been so on board with tanking). But the other part of me thinks that it’s because of the coaching and insistence on rolling lines. You need ice time to score that many points.
Thankfully Quinn isn’t challenged intellectually like AV so he actually gives his best players lots of ice time.

Probably one of the biggest reasons Zibby had such a huge year production wise.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Wth is this!!!? That's great

That was the official presentation and release of Windows 95 at the time. Bill Gates in the red shirt just nervously clapping his hands, and CEO Steve Ballmer in the yellow shirt (now owner of the LA Clippers) dancing like a typical dad. It's such a legendary video. We watch it at work all the time haha

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I like how we will pick second in every round. Little extra bonus for us this draft.

For instance, if the Bolts win the cup, the 1st we get from them will only be two slots higher than our 2nd. Our picks will be higher in value if we wanted to trade them due to their proximity to the previous round. Makes it easier to move up or gives us our a greater choice in the prospect pool each round.

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I like how we will pick second in every round. Little extra bonus for us this draft.

For instance, if the Bolts win the cup, the 1st we get from them will only be two slots higher than our 2nd. Our picks will be higher in value if we wanted to trade them due to their proximity to the previous round. Makes it easier to move up or gives us our a greater choice in the prospect pool each round.
2-7 round picks aren’t affected by the lottery

our 2nd is 37

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

tenor.gif

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

This one has playoff goals as well which are some of his sickest.

I could easily make a top 10 moments from this video.

Some of my favorites are the low five hole wrister against Luuko (disgusting release), the breakaway at around 10 minutes, all of the bended knee one timers and the last playoff goal shown. It’s just a f***ing missle, the power he can get behind a shot is terrifying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad