Post-Game Talk: The Russian Bear Wakes Up - Pens Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Losses are better?

tenor.gif

You know damn well I dont want losses. Be cool to stop sporting loser points to the entire division too though.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Outside of POJ, Rudwedel has been the biggest surprise to me. I thought he was #8 blah and I almost regretted resigning him but his play has been fantastic. It's not top pairing quality but its definitely 4/5 caliber and it's been a welcomed surprise in the face of injuries.

Ceci also had a couple of real good sequences where he held the zone and made something happen. For a guy we've nearly written off, it was a good bounce-back game and I hope the trend continues.

We've come from behind in damn near every game. While there's a lot lacking at the moment, the will to fight is as least there.

Losses are better?
Ruhwedel has been very solid for us. No question a bright spot early on in the season.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Player grades, season-to-date (relative to expectations obviously)

A: Blueger, POJ
B: Tanev, Rust, Kapanen, Ruhwedel
C: Sceviour, Zucker, Guentzel, Ceci, Jank, McCann
D: Crosby, Malkin, Letang, DeSmith, Marino, Matheson
D-: Jarry
F: Dumoulin

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Good to know that Murray sucks as well. It looks like we had no good option to choose from at that goaltending position so we went with the cheaper guy. I still think that we need a new goalie. Can´t go with DeSmith as a starter. That´s comical and hopeless. At most, he can maaaaaybe be a very lightly used backup, but that´s it. I really really don´t want to see us to go with him now. Jarry needs to do something or we need a new goalie.
Good to know that Murray sucks as well. It looks like we had no good option to choose from at that goaltending position so we went with the cheaper guy. I still think that we need a new goalie. Can´t go with DeSmith as a starter. That´s comical and hopeless. At most, he can maaaaaybe be a very lightly used backup, but that´s it. I really really don´t want to see us to go with him now. Jarry needs to do something or we need a new goalie.
The goalie situation definitely needs evaluation. Which I’m sure Hex will do. It probably won’t immediately be a long term solution. Probably trade for an expiring UFA or 2/3 year contact as a stop gap. But I’m sure that high of the priority list for the off season.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
There's nothing wrong with Malkin's shot. It's all mental right now. Finally let one go, but his even strength play was not good enough. Nothing's going to happen on that line if Evgeni Malkin keeps deferring to Zucker every play. He needs to get in the shooter mindset 5v5 and it will open up space for both him and Kapanen. Tired of seeing him overpass and then the play goes the other way.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
We won...but most of the game had me feeling that this team just isn't good enough, and that we are just hanging on.

We're supposed to be playing a speed game, but instead just see a lot of sloppy bad passes and random stuff happening. Sloppy D coverage, and horrible breakouts.

I'm not high on Matheson yet. He's trying to do too much instead of picking one thing (aka rushing, or great outlet passes, or great point shot) and making it be a factor.

Our 2nd and 4th line suck.

Do we need to shuffle lines? Yes.
Do we need a trade? Maybe.
Do we need a new coach? Possibly

Silver lining? We got 2 points! As long as we keep getting those, the leashes gets longer.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
There's nothing wrong with Malkin's shot. It's all mental right now. Finally let one go, but his even strength play was not good enough. Nothing's going to happen on that line if Evgeni Malkin keeps deferring to Zucker every play. He needs to get in the shooter mindset 5v5 and it will open up space for both him and Kapanen. Tired of seeing him overpass and then the play goes the other way.

Malkin can't gain the zone, then pass to himself to shoot. Move Zucker to the 3rd line, or 4th line and see if he can carry his own line (remember HBK).

Try someone else with Malkin. ZAR or even Tanev. At least Tanev can carry it into the zone even if he can't finish. It's not necessarily about talent, it's about fit.

BTW...this is where a trade may be needed.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Love Sid's Patrick Kane impression. He should do that more :clap:

Yeah, he needs to make those moves more often. Too often he loves his quick shot five hole. Switch it up and look what happens. You freeze the goalie.

Overall, Pens looked pretty good tonight. Still don't understand why they struggle to finish as much as they do around the net. Probably just perception but they seem to shoot high less than most teams. A lot of our glorious scoring chances end up with low shots that hit the goalie's leg pads.

Good to get a win, but constantly giving the opposition a point is really going to kill them.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A lot of Pens fans being hypocritical dumb f***s in this thread - "MALKIN JUST NEEDED TO PLAY OUT OF HIS FUNK AND LOOK AT HIM NOW."

Goalie struggles, needs the same deal and has more games above .900 than the dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek: you dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: think is better and you dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: think the team should trade them.

A lot of you are seriously dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and nah, this isn't the usual joking. Most of you lot really are dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. Can't stand most of this stupid shit from some of you anymore.

Makes any discussion impossible when most can't even grasp the concept of logic.

Just the sheer amount of toxic bullshit around here is just...

Last edited:

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Pens fans dumb f***s in this thread - "MALKIN JUST NEEDED TO PLAY OUT OF HIS FUNK AND LOOK AT HIM NOW."

Goalie struggles, needs the same deal and has more games above .900 than the dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek: you dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: think is better and you dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: think the team should trade them.

A lot of you are seriously dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and nah, this isn't the usual joking. Most of you lot really are dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. Can't stand most of this stupid shit from some of you anymore.

Makes any discussion impossible when most can't even grasp the concept of logic.

No u

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad