Speculation: The Roster Building Thread - To the deadline and beyond!

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
From my views AA is a much more talented Stalberg. Stalberg played great in this system.

Faulk for AA probably (sadly) is close if you are talking vacuum 2017-18 Faulk value. I'd be pretty disappointed if they moved Faulk at his low though. Adam Larsson is in the same range and he got Taylor Hall.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
From Friedman's 31 thoughts.

8. There were some rumblings about Ryan O’Reilly, but those were shot down by multiple sources. GM Jason Botterill witnessed Pittsburgh overpower teams down the middle, and if the Sabres lose O’Reilly they do not have an in-house replacement. And when uberprospect Casey Mittelstadt is ready, isn’t he better off with both O’Reilly and Jack Eichel there?

jeromeo87

Jul 23, 2010
I'm tired of this team.. I'm tired of the lack of leadership. Trade Faulk for RNH. Trade Staal for ROR. Sign one of Neal, Van Riemsdyk or Perron.. Get a freaking goalie..trade your 1st if you have to...get rid of Darling.

Aho ROR TT
Neal/VR/Perron RNH Williams
Skinner Rask Lindholm
McGinn Ryan PDG

Slavin Pesce
Hanifin vanRiemsdyk
Fleury Dahlbeck/McKeown

Actual good goalie
Ward

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
I wish they would slot Lindholm at 2C. BP needs to yell at him, tell himto step up, hit some people, and score goals, and be the key to making the playoffs. Slot him between Skinner and Williams and see how it works.

It's crazy to me how he is younger than Mantha but is looked at as a 3rd liner with no potential left here while Mantha is a first liner looked at like a potential 40 goal scorer in Detroit.

Mantha went 17/19/36 in 12 less games last year than Lindholm last year, Lindholm went 11/34/45
Manths is 16/14/30 this year and Lindholm is 15/14/29.

Last edited:

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I wish they would slot Lindholm at 2C. BP needs to yell at him, tell himto step up, hit some people, and score goals, and be the key to making the playoffs. Slot him between Skinner and Williams and see how it works.

It's crazy to me how he is younger than Mantha but is looked as a 3rd liner with not potential left here while Mantha is a first line looked at like a potential 40 goal scorer in Detroit.

Mantha went 17/19/36 in 12 less games last year than Lindholm last year, Lindholm went 11/34/45
Manths is 16/14/30 this year and Lindholm is 15/14/29.

Lindholm is an RFA with arbitration rights after this year, meaning we're going to probably have to pay him around $5 million per to keep him around. We're either going to have to commit to him or trade him. I'd just as soon see what we can get for him, but I know we'll overpay, thinking he'll eventually break out.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Boone Jenner is available.

Obviously Jenner is having a terrible year (5/8/13 in 46 GP) but stylistically I love his game. Unfortunately Columbus will be looking for a roster player who can provide scoring. Not sure what the Canes can offer unless there is a bridge between Jenner++ for Skinner. He also isn't the type of "Playmaking" Center that Peters said he is looking for.

Man, browsing other team's boards can be entertaining sometimes and sometimes baffling. Take this nugget from the NYR board:

Lundquist
McDonagh
Nash @50%

for

Darling
Hanifin
Necas
2018 1st
2019 1st

Where do we sign?

Replace Necas with any other prospect and I'd do that deal. Could even remove Nash. Not that Lundqvist would ever wave to come to Carolina.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Obviously Jenner is having a terrible year (5/8/13 in 46 GP) but stylistically I love his game. Unfortunately Columbus will be looking for a roster player who can provide scoring. Not sure what the Canes can offer unless there is a bridge between Jenner++ for Skinner. He also isn't the type of "Playmaking" Center that Peters said he is looking for.

Replace Necas with any other prospect and I'd do that deal. Could even remove Nash. Not that Lundqvist would ever wave to come to Carolina.

Boone is shooting at 4.4%, not even close to his statistical norm, off year like Skinner, he’s had 30g seasons before, and Torts ain’t the easiest to play for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad