The road to the playoffs: Who will be our opponent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Caps vs Jackets in round 1. Curious to see if Bob is bad in the playoffs period or just against the Pens.

If hes on, that would be a great series.

Devils forgot to sit one more player..Nico scores

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Why are people acting like there is no chance for Columbus or New Jersey and like they are just going to roll over?

Seeding is still very much up in the air.

Theres obviously a chance but given the teams resting players vs the ones who aren't, these SHOULD be easy wins for WSH and NSH.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The players out on the ice arent going to roll over...the coaches did with their lineup moves

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Why are people acting like there is no chance for Columbus or New Jersey and like they are just going to roll over?

Seeding is still very much up in the air.

Devils are resting guys and for some reason Washington isn't as they have OV/Backstrom/Kuznetsov all playing. I saw Carlson/Niskanen too.

As for Cbj/Nsh, no idea how that one goes. Didn't see who is resting who yet.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Think NJ will still push here with Schneider+Hish's line. I don't believe they're very afraid of PIT. Still a tall task.
See CBJ easily losing.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
If the Devils can pull out a win and CBJ loses, then we play NJD, right? That's the only scenario I'm not interested in.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Meh. I’m just tired of the whole this is DEFINITELY happening mindset of this board. Every game thread the other team takes a lead and the game is over.

These are the last games to decide who we play.
Literally the only night i'm following the other scores as they happen. Heh.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If the Devils can pull out a win and CBJ loses, then we play NJD, right? That's the only scenario I'm not interested in.

This is correct.

Columbus wins, we play Columbus

New Jersey wins, Columbus loses, and we play New Jersey.

Both lose, and we get Balboa.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
If Jersey ends up getting swept in the first round, have to think they get some backlash for not even trying to get 3rd or first WC.

Tampa and Boston have been better than the Pens all year. Doesnt matter about previous seasons. Never seen a team rest their players while in this position before.

Isles did it to face the Panthers a few years ago and a weaker division. Jersey is fine with going to a division who had 3 of the best teams in the conference?

Weird decision.

Especially after the year Hall had. One goal away from 40. In the race for the HART. And the team rests their players. Not a good way to finish the season if they get beat pretty easily in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad