Post-Game Talk: The Return of Son of Fire Chiarelli's Revenge: Electric Boogaloo: Back To The Minors: The Squeakquel

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
I don't know about that. He's been pushing for Manning for years, Spooner and Cave are his Boston connections, Koskinen is his guy and he signed an equally unproven Talbot to pretty much the same deal a couple of years ago. These recent moves all reeked of Chia IMO.

Ya fair points. I remember someone mentioned that Hitchcock thanked Keith Gretzky for the recent acquisitions, but who knows with this org. Bizarre end to Chia's tenure one way or the other.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
They might take their time announcing a replacement with the break in the schedule. I picture an Old Boys Conclave in a cabin near Kelowna with lots of wine. The chosen one will then emerge after the ceremonial jock sniffing by Katz. I heard he gets right in there. My money is on a Gretzky.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
They might take their time announcing a replacement with the break in the schedule. I picture an Old Boys Conclave in a cabin near Kelowna with lots of wine. The chosen one will then emerge after the ceremonial jock sniffing by Katz. I heard he gets right in there. My money is on a Gretzky.

Messier has a more recently used one, I'm picking him.

Reactions: Jet Walters

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Wonder if we'll get to see Chia give some kinda final presser or if he'll just vanish. Would be curious to see if he blames the OBC on the way out, or what his explanation of things is.
I don’t think we’ll get a final presser. These guys have a code. People around the NHL will know what happened here. If Chiarelli gets hired anywhere else, anytime soon, that will be a clear indication this mess wasn’t all his.

Reactions: FlameChampion

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It's the front page story on TSN too (Oilers moving on from Chiarelli) so I'm guessing yeah it's happening.

giphy.gif

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
With the guy getting the new contract being one of the worst Oilers tonight
He didn't look good at all. Nice stop on the breakaway, but there were two weak goals tonight, one of them was super weak.
other than RNH who looked like he was playing for Detroit already.
Wings broadcast was pumping Larkin up big time tonight. They spoke about how he had has matured (at 22) and this season is looking like he can carry a line (on the worst team in the league to be sure). I couldn't help but contrast with FOA pick RNH who shows no indication of ever being able to even lead a line, never mind carry one.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I don’t think we’ll get a final presser. These guys have a code. People around the NHL will know what happened here. If Chiarelli gets hired anywhere else, anytime soon, that will be a clear indication this mess wasn’t all his.

Lol, that coward wouldn't do a final presser if there was a gun to his head. He'd offer the gunman a NTC on his way out though.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
If it's anyone already in the organization I'll be mad. Really mad.

I'm fine with Kieth Gretzky though.

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
The fact that ownership allowed him to do so many roster damaging moves in the final month of his tenure is such a depressing thought.

At least Chia got the proper send off by losing to a bad team on home ice

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad