Post-Game Talk: The Return of Son of Fire Chiarelli's Revenge: Electric Boogaloo: Back To The Minors: The Squeakquel

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Man I really hope they hire Brian Burke. I laughed at Calgary when they brought him in, well look at where the org is now. The guys tells it as it is and is decisive. I'm of the opinion that's the kind of GM we need right now.

I like Burkes personalities but how do you not know he was holding back the flames. They improved once they moved on from him. We obviously don’t know but I don’t get how you came to your conclusion.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

giphy.gif

Reactions: CycloneSweep

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
If you are aware then who cares who it is? What does it matter what warm body occupies that position for 2 months?

Personally, I hope it's Lowe. He was a decent GM who made some sweet moves. Probably the best candidate to actually get some value at the TDL
The "warm body" will have to do some work at the TDL. I'm most confident in Gretzky.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Colby Cave was signed by Chiarelli and the Bruins on April 3rd, 2015 as an undrafted player.
Chiarelli fired April 15th, 2015, 12 days later

Colby Cave is claimed on waivers by Edmonton on Jan 15, 2019

Chiarelli to be fired Jan 22-24, 2019

Colby Cave is the Chia killer.

Damn that’s good stuff right there!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm surprisingly indifferent to this firing. Yes, Chia had alot of f*ck ups, and his successes were mediocre at best. I just don't see this organization finding a competent replacement. Chia was the guy with experience, with connections, with the plan that he executed (it was a shitty plan though to get bigger and heavier), and now I'm guessing we'll get Tambellini 2.0 and the embarrassment continues.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm surprisingly indifferent to this firing. Yes, Chia had alot of f*ck ups, and his successes were mediocre at best. I just don't see this organization finding a competent replacement. Chia was the guy with experience, with connections, with the plan that he executed (it was a ****ty plan though to get bigger and heavier), and now I'm guessing we'll get Tambellini 2.0 and the embarrassment continues.

Well look at it this way ... the Islanders kept winning just enough (playoffs every other year) to keep Garth Snow employed and basically wasted all of Tavares' time there.

At least we have a shot to write a different story.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Man I really hope they hire Brian Burke. I laughed at Calgary when they brought him in, well look at where the org is now. The guys tells it as it is and is decisive. I'm of the opinion that's the kind of GM we need right now.

No, he's not. Just another dinosaur that values size, grit and character over speed and skill.
They need to bring in a GM who will focus on weeding out the slugs and bringing in speed and skill and furthermore, will focus on development instead of quick fixes. Burke is the antithesis of that.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well look at it this way ... the Islanders kept winning just enough (playoffs every other year) to keep Garth Snow employed and basically wasted all of Tavares' time there.

At least we have a shot to write a different story.

We had a chance to write a different story when MacT was fired. When KLowe was fired. When Tambellini was fired. Seems we keep writing the same damn story. My theory on Edmonton the City being the problem still stands.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
We had a chance to write a different story when MacT was fired. When KLowe was fired. When Tambellini was fired. Seems we keep writing the same damn story. My theory on Edmonton the City being the problem still stands.
It could be plausible if Winnipeg didn't exist

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
It's Katz.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Don't buy that theory at all.
Detroit and Winnipeg aren't paradises.

There are 31 NHL general manager jobs in the world. The Oilers aren't getting denied because of the city. They aren't even asking qualified candidates because the owner is in love with his heroes from the 80s.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I agree they better get this right.

That said only one of those GMs had Connor McDavid, and really even Leon Draisaitl and Oscar Klefbom and Darnell Nurse to work with.

On top of Hall and RNH and Eberle and Schultz, which is about as good as it got for Tambellini and Mac T.

Reactions: space321

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Detroit and Winnipeg aren't paradises.

There are 31 NHL general manager jobs in the world. The Oilers aren't getting denied because of the city. They aren't even asking qualified candidates because the owner is in love with his heroes from the 80s.

That's a good point. I mean look at Trouba, he tried leaving that wasteland. The their GM stood pat, stood strong and wouldn't let it happen, now he's a key piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad