Post-Game Talk: The Return of Son of Fire Chiarelli's Revenge: Electric Boogaloo: Back To The Minors: The Squeakquel

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The fact that ownership allowed him to do so many roster damaging moves in the final month of his tenure is such a depressing thought.

At least Chia got the proper send off by losing to a bad team on home ice

I mean, he shoulda had a proper send off after his "death by 1000 cuts" presser last year. Just like... Yikes. Then they let him lose another 10 trades.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I don't think it can be anyone else but someone from the OBC at this point in the season

It'll most likely be an in org guy as the interim GM as they look for one for the draft

Well...at least that's what good teams would do.

Of course it's an interim GM from inside the organization. The position won't be filled till summer most likely
I'm aware. I'm saying I'll be mad if it's anyone other than Kieth Gretzky.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So how the F***did he get the authority to sign Koskicash when he was on the bring of being fired this is a living nightmare...If Koskicash's contract haunts us FFS we have 3-4 yrs before we compete??

It’s management by committee around here that’s why.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
There's a huge chance Keith Gretzky is the next GM. I'm ok with interim. Would be disappointed if he's the guy going forward.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I'm aware. I'm saying I'll be mad if it's anyone other than Kieth Gretzky.

If you are aware then who cares who it is? What does it matter what warm body occupies that position for 2 months?

Personally, I hope it's Lowe. He was a decent GM who made some sweet moves. Probably the best candidate to actually get some value at the TDL

Reactions: Porkleaker

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Manning and Petrovic. Not sure about the Spooner one.

To be fair how much can you really expect for Caggiula + 3rd rounder.

Chia apparently has had a hard-on for Manning for a long time too, at least going back to last year.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
Man I really hope they hire Brian Burke. I laughed at Calgary when they brought him in, well look at where the org is now. The guys tells it as it is and is decisive. I'm of the opinion that's the kind of GM we need right now.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
To be fair how much can you really expect for Caggiula + 3rd rounder.

Chia apparently has had a hard-on for Manning for a long time too, at least going back to last year.

Cagguila yeah but this team shouldn’t be pissing away third rounders.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Cagguila yeah but this team shouldn’t be pissing away third rounders.

No disagreement there, but if the GM runs into your office and says "you gotta find me some D help and you can only spend a 3rd rounder" ... that's probably tough pickings.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Chiasson - McDavid - Draisaitl
Khaira - Nuge - Pulju (useless...as of now anyways)
Rieder (useless) - Athanasiou - Yama (useless)
Lucic (useless) - Brodziak (useless) - Kassian (useless)

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Manning (useless) - Benning

I see a whole lot of useless.

You forgot Benning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad