GDT: The Return of Kovy: Kings @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Every selling point of Jersey is the same for living on LI to attract an nhl player. Close to the city, better beaches then Jersey (no offense), quality of life, top notch practice facility and areana(will be once belmont opens).
Only differences are that it takes longer to get to mountains upstate, and bagels/pizza from li/ny are the best in the nation, and it's not even close
once the islanders move to belmont they'd be a bit further than here in terms of getting to manhattan. and that's what people really mean by the city (manhattan)

idk if beaches really matter, how many NHL'ers even stay where there teams are in the summerr

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
LA isn't going to give us a bluechip player or top prospect. They're a barren rebuilding team who needs to hold onto futures.

We're in very good cap shape with deals expiring over the next few years. Next summer, Hall and Vatanen are UFA and Nico and Bratt are both RFA. The year after that, Zajac, Palmieri, and Coleman are all UFA. I know we have buckets of cap space but taking on cap dumps right now isn't as appealing as it was 3 years ago. We have guys to re-sign and holes to address via free agency/trade, so we need a lot more wiggle room.

And this is a little different than Savard, who we didn't have to pay any salary to because of insurance. I don't think spending +$12,000,000 to buy a 2nd pick in 2021 and some B level prospect is worth it.

if this is in regards to my post- i wasn’t asking for a blue chip prospect. it was a pretty reasonable proposal. and we wouldn’t be spending 12M on a pick and a prospect, we’d also be getting at least 30 goals over two years, a boost to our powerplay, etc. he’s not void of any value, but he needs to be on a specific team right now, one with cap space and an opening on the second line. we’re a pubic hair away from dead last in the league and we have oodles of cap space, if we can acquire future assets along with a decent player we should be doing it.

plus how beautiful would it be if he accepted the trade, then retired again immediately, absolutely f***ing us over one last time? i respect the trolling.

LuvTheDevs

May 10, 2010
Monmouth County NJ
it would never work out, he's basically banned from this fanbase, with everything that's happened. fans would never take him back

I would agree if it weren't for Scott Gomez coming back.

Also I think I heard on the fan that Boomer and Gio are calling the game instead of Matt and Chico.... if true, how embarrassing that we are allowing Rangers fans call our games!

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
bagels/pizza from li/ny are the best in the nation, and it's not even close

The bagels/pizza from li/ny are literally no different than the bagels/pizz from nj, with the exception being that there are more of the "best" places in New Jersey due to the fact that most of the actual Italians moved out here years ago.

Your pizza in li/ny is far more likely to be made by Santos, Pancho, and Hector, than it is to be made by Angelo, Marco, and Joe. #Truth

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The bagels/pizza from li/ny are literally no different than the bagels/pizz from nj, with the exception being that there are more of the "best" places in New Jersey due to the fact that most of the actual Italians moved out here years ago.

Your pizza in li/ny is far more likely to be made by Santos, Pancho, and Hector, than it is to be made by Angelo, Marco, and Joe. #Truth

Not exactly a rabbit hole I want to venture too far down, but honestly the Italian boys aren’t making the pizza in north jersey anymore either.

They either moved south, west, or just completely out of the state.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
i agree, that’s who i wanted too. but forbort is exactly the type of defenseman we need. plus, think of all the fobort license plate references we can make. ‘my son is also named forbort’ etc
Spotted in Jersey City:
upload_2019-2-5_16-32-39.png

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Every selling point of Jersey is the same for living on LI to attract an nhl player. Close to the city, better beaches then Jersey (no offense), quality of life, top notch practice facility and areana(will be once belmont opens).
Only differences are that it takes longer to get to mountains upstate, and bagels/pizza from li/ny are the best in the nation, and it's not even close
  • "better beaches then Jersey (no offense)"
    • lol no man, just no. Maybe better than North Jersey beaches (wonder why...). Better than Central/Southern Jersey beaches like LBI? Hell no.
  • "and bagels/pizza from li/ny are the best in the nation"
    • You must be from LI because this makes no sense. The bagels and pizza are identical for obvious reasons. Most obvious of which is that many New Jersey folks are originally from NY.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Yeah having lived in NYC for almost 13 years now, I can't say that the average pizza here is appreciably better / worse than what I got back in Jersey, though, the famous places here do absolutely blow everything else out of the water. (Hook Di Fara's straight to my stomach and pump it in baby).

Bagels are basically great or trash, and that happens here or Jersey. Plenty of awful bagel spots in NYC, especially in the area between the southern tip and Columbus Circle, and the more hipster neighborhoods of Brooklyn.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
That is quite the implication to make, that Saint Kovy master planned all that.

Not Kovalchuk the person, rather his contract was a part of the issue as to why there were no buyers interested in this team and it's debt outside of Andrew Barroway.

That contract created some of the bigger headaches in one of the more polarizing times in Devils history.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Lots of NHL players love NJ once they get here. Wish more players took note of this area. You get the city living without being in the city. You can also have the mountains and beach as well. This state offers everything.

This is why I feel the area is appealing to Hall. He's mentioned several times how he goes into the city and it's essentially just like any other person because hockey's still for the most part obscure. Living outside of the city while having it at your doorstep has to be nice for a young millionaire. When you get out of that stage in your life the areas they can afford to live in with a family have excellent schools and quality of life.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Not Kovalchuk the person, rather his contract was a part of the issue as to why there were no buyers interested in this team and it's debt outside of Andrew Barroway.

That contract created some of the bigger headaches in one of the more polarizing times in Devils history.
That's quite the statement to make, that the Anti-Christ himself had not orchestrated the whole thing.

Last edited:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
  • "better beaches then Jersey (no offense)"
    • lol no man, just no. Maybe better than North Jersey beaches (wonder why...). Better than Central/Southern Jersey beaches like LBI? Hell no.
  • "and bagels/pizza from li/ny are the best in the nation"
    • You must be from LI because this makes no sense. The bagels and pizza are identical for obvious reasons. Most obvious of which is that many New Jersey folks are originally from NY.
we have fresh jersey tomatoes

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I would agree if it weren't for Scott Gomez coming back.

Also I think I heard on the fan that Boomer and Gio are calling the game instead of Matt and Chico.... if true, how embarrassing that we are allowing Rangers fans call our games!
gomer sucking and being humbled made everyone forgive him

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Not sure if it was mentioned, but Parise was talking to his best friend Suter during the season before he bolted.

In my book he's just as big of a piece of shit then Kovy

Reactions: OmNomNom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad