GDT: The Return of Kovy: Kings @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
tenor.gif

Welcome back Kovy. I've forgiven you at least, I don't want that albatross contract you had on the books still.

tenor.gif

Anyway, we've moved on, and I'm still in it for the Ws. Especially when it means Young Nico steps up for them!

dodgeball-chucknorris.gif

We got this, show Kovy's ass up.

12rk.gif

Let's Go Devils

TemptingLightBunny-small.gif

Oh, right, lineups

US:

Johansson-Hischier-Palmieri
Wood-Coleman-Bratt
Seney-Zacha-Stafford
Boyle-Rooney-Gabriel (OMFG)

Greene-Severson
Mueller-Butcher
Yakovlev-Santini

Schneider/Kinkaid

tenor.gif

THEM:

Iaffalo-Kopitar-Brown
Leipsic-Carter-Toffoli
Hagelin-Kempe-Kovalchuk
Clifford-Amadio-Wagner

Forbort-Doughty
Martinez-Fantenberg
Ladue-Phaneuf

Quick/Campbell

NaiveTallImperialeagle-size_restricted.gif

At least make it enjoyable. LGD

9mU.gif

Reactions: JK3

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
2154-D8-F6-DCDD-4-C47-A999-B3-A9277468-DD.jpg

i’m actually excited about this one. love watching my boy kovy and i’m expecting a big game from schneider

Reactions: NJDevils7

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I hope we made him a tribute video

Just to trigger a lot of people

That would seriously be the most tone deaf thing management has ever done which is saying something. There was no tribute for Parise who was a good Devil for much longer and didn’t flat out jump a contract. And HE gets booed, so you know 17 will too.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
It's weird that after 5 years I don't feel that strong of hate towards him anymore. It is what it is. Still would boo him though. The one thing I never understood was how he never gave any sort of explanation or apology or anything to the fans. I don't understand how you can sign that contract and then just leave like nothing ever happened. And has any reporter every asked him about that?

Reactions: tr83

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i really just dont get the hate for the guy. i was upset when he left but thats over with and i totally understand why he did it. everyone is fine with parise playing games and stringing along the fans because he "went home". neids stringing along the fans and the team deep into ufa everyone is fine because he "went to play with his brother". so because kovy had a signed contract and saw the writing on the wall (i wish our all time great GM saw that same writing) the contract is what makes him different?

everyone is fine with long time devils picking up and leaving when they have deep ties to the team and fans. but kovy? a guy who was here super short and little history gets up and leaves? lets burn this mother to the ground? lol whatever.

without him the team without a doubt makes that 2012 run and honestly without him they dont make that second half run in 2011 either. wasn't he playing something like 23mins a night? as a forward!

i love kovy. like i said it stung when he left i was pissed but honestly there were way more devil players that screwed this team over worse then him. thats just crazy imo

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I would prefer everyone just ignores him since he wants the boos...

Kovalchuk ready for boos in first game in New Jersey since leaving Devils

"I am pretty sure there will be a lot of booing," Kovalchuk said following the Kings' 4-3 overtime win against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on Monday, "but I love that, so it's all good."

You might get your wish if there’s only 10000 there, maybe a couple thousand are apathetic and another couple thousand are blind supporters.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
i really just dont get the hate for the guy. i was upset when he left but thats over with and i totally understand why he did it. everyone is fine with parise playing games and stringing along the fans because he "went home". neids stringing along the fans and the team deep into ufa everyone is fine because he "went to play with his brother". so because kovy had a signed contract and saw the writing on the wall (i wish our all time great GM saw that same writing) the contract is what makes him different?

everyone is fine with long time devils picking up and leaving when they have deep ties to the team and fans. but kovy? a guy who was here super short and little history gets up and leaves? lets burn this mother to the ground? lol whatever.

without him the team without a doubt makes that 2012 run and honestly without him they dont make that second half run in 2011 either. wasn't he playing something like 23mins a night? as a forward!

i love kovy. like i said it stung when he left i was pissed but honestly there were way more devil players that screwed this team over worse then him. thats just crazy imo

Parise still gets booed and Nieds was booed when he came back playing with the Ducks as well.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
It's weird that after 5 years I don't feel that strong of hate towards him anymore. It is what it is. Still would boo him though. The one thing I never understood was how he never gave any sort of explanation or apology or anything to the fans. I don't understand how you can sign that contract and then just leave like nothing ever happened. And has any reporter every asked him about that?

its not even worth booing him at this point. we are a last place team that only a handful of players on the current roster were even teammates with him. why bother?

dont understand why he left? look where we have been since he left and the type of support the team has thats why he left. we were heading to be atlanta 2.0

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York

?????

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Parise still gets booed and Nieds was booed when he came back playing with the Ducks as well.

and they should. but compare them to the hate that kovy gets/will get? its not even in the same ball park. hell nieds has his number retired (which he should) but he definitely screwed this team over when he left and anyone that says differently is kidding themselves.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
dont understand why he left? look where we have been since he left and the type of support the team has thats why he left. we were heading to be atlanta 2.0

He left to go make even more money in Russia in a league the plays less games and isn't a tough league to play in.

Saying our support is as bad as Atlanta is ridiculous. Our attendance has been solid considering how bad this team has been over the last bunch of years but we were never to the point of Atlanta. That's just being over dramatic.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

see your problem is you’re looking at it rationally. that’s a big no-no

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
and they should. but compare them to the hate that kovy gets/will get? its not even in the same ball park. hell nieds has his number retired (which he should) but he definitely screwed this team over when he left and anyone that says differently is kidding themselves.

Parise gets hated on plenty, gets booed every time he comes back and talked bad about a lot. I don't know what more you want? Lol

Neids is a lot easier to accept since he brought us 3 Stanley cups and 4 final appearances. The good memories out weigh the bad ones. Sure it sucked that he left but he wanted to play with his brother and that's a lot easier to accept than just oh he screwed us and left for more money.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
As usual, it's about HOW he left. He could have made a statement at the end of the season, thanking the team and the fans and said that he wanted to go home. Instead, he decided to completely dissapear in like mid August, months after free agency and left us no way to replace him on the roster. And then we missed the playoffs 5 years in a row. And he never said anything about it. That's why people hate him

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
We all know how this is going to play out.

He's going to get boo'd relentlessly at the start of the game, and score at least once to shut the crowd up.

I'm personally expecting a nice "shush" celebration too to really get things going.

Maybe Santini will actually do something useful for the first time this season and run him through the boards.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
He left to go make even more money in Russia in a league the plays less games and isn't a tough league to play in.

Saying our support is as bad as Atlanta is ridiculous. Our attendance has been solid considering how bad this team has been over the last bunch of years but we were never to the point of Atlanta. That's just being over dramatic.

atlanta on ice. i know i said support but the general meh support this team gets. what did you want him to leave and make less money playing in russia? would that have been better?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Parise gets hated on plenty, gets booed every time he comes back and talked bad about a lot. I don't know what more you want? Lol

Neids is a lot easier to accept since he brought us 3 Stanley cups and 4 final appearances. The good memories out weigh the bad ones. Sure it sucked that he left but he wanted to play with his brother and that's a lot easier to accept than just oh he screwed us and left for more money.

that right there is my problem!!!!!!!!! your making it sound ok that he left us high and dry. o well gee he left to play with his brother thats ok i guess. not really since that wasn't a decision he just woke up on july 5th or whenever it was and was like yeah i'm going to play with my brother. he knew way ahead of time he was leaving but still dragged it into ufa and we were left holding the bag as usual.

i'm not denying parise should get booed i'm glad he does. its just when he left everyone was like "well he went to play at home can't blame him" "i understand why he left" again making excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad