The Prospects Thread XXV - Stats, Lists in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Asked this in another thread but it got buried...

How many of our prospects are the captain or wear a letter for their Jr squads...

I know Cassels and Brisebois are captains... anyone else?

Pretty sure Sautner was the captain for the Oil kings last year

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Pretty sure Sautner was the captain for the Oil kings last year

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwmxzdbmnji2yzmzntnmnjzmotm5zda1zgjiotzkmmzi.jpeg

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
If Hunter gets anywhere near a PPG in the AHL this year I will be so happy.

That would be fantastic, but I worry about Hunter. I hope he's having a great off-season of training with Crosby etc, and gets quicker and stronger as a result. But I have to admit there's a big question mark in my mind about him. I'm pulling for him though.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That would be fantastic, but I worry about Hunter. I hope he's having a great off-season of training with Crosby etc, and gets quicker and stronger as a result. But I have to admit there's a big question mark in my mind about him. I'm pulling for him though.

I think the notion that Shinkaruk is going to be able to spend his whole summer legitimately training, trying to improve from the point he was at to end this past season where he was finally starting to look more like his old self again, gives me quite a bit of reason for optimism with him. As opposed to starting from a point of rehab and just trying to get back to where he was, as his summer largely went last year.

So much of Hunter's issues at the AHL level this year were related to strength and explosiveness not being where they needed to be for success. If he can get that good summer of training in, i'm really excited to see how he looks this year.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Adam Gaudette

I was poking around, trying to figure out why McEneny didn't make the current prospect ranking poll, while the likes of Neill did, heart surgery and all. And why in the world did we draft Gaudette? Who, like McEneny, didn't make the poll . . . while Neill curiously did. Gaudette looks like an intense, two-way RHS C who never quits, goes hard to the net, and wins the Tanev award for remarkable plus-minus.

I found these articles interesting, and apologize if everyone has seen them before:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=203361

"An intense, hard-working forward who shows a lot of character in not backing down under adversity. A mobile and edgy skater, but needs to improve his explosiveness with the puck. Makes smart plays under pressure, never wanting to make a mistake; sometimes a bit too careful, holding onto dead plays, but this is not a problem that will be hard to curb. Likes to go hard to the nets. Needs to get stronger and more physically astute along the boards. Never backs down and never gives up; he thrives under adversity and pressure, and finds ways to come up big in the game's critical moments. All-in-all, a forceful two-way forward that can be counted on for stability and energy when his team is lacking the spirit to surge forward. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=203361#sthash.Ng47FGBV.dpuf"

--------------------------------

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/col...stern-recruit-adam-gaudette-cedar-rapids-ushl

"Perhaps most impressive was his +23 plus/minus, a remarkable number for a rookie in the USHL. Gaudette was a player that Carlson felt comfortable rolling out onto the ice in all situations.

"His +/- was exceptional. He was dependable. His hockey sense is very good at both ends of the rink," said Carlson, who also raved about his exceptional work ethic. "He just gets after it.""

------------------------------------------

From the NE team site for 2015-16:

Before NU: Was a fifth round draft pick (149th overall) by the Vancouver Canucks in the 2015 NHL Draft … Played for the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders of the USHL in 2014-15 … Tallied 30 points and a plus/minus rating of +23 … Previously played at Thayer Academy and also with the Boston Advantage U16 team … In his senior year at Thayer, Gaudette recorded 29 goals and 38 assists in 27 games … Voted to the 2013-14 Prep All-New England East Team along with fellow freshman Jon Barry.

Madigan on Gaudette: Another Thayer player who then made his way to the USHL in Cedar Rapids, Adam was a fifth round draft pick two weeks ago by the Vancouver Canucks. He has a motor that just doesn't stop. Even with the combination of high energy and high motor, he has the ability to make smart hockey plays. He has a real good stick and sees the ice well. He is a tough competitor who plays 200 feet. He covers the ice really well and has the ability to impact the game, not only on the score sheet, but also by being hard to play against. He will find his way into special teams situations both in power play situations as well as defensive situations where he will be killing penalties and playing later in games. He's a hard nose player who will contribute both goals and assists and will set up his linemates.

Last edited:

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
thanks for the links

though if the most impressive thing you have going for you is your +/-, something is very wrong

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
been updating my top 20
obv i dont have Clendening nor corrado on my list due to their waiver eligibility/too old (if there r some here who r also eligible, lmk)

1 Jake Virtanen RW
2 Jared McCann C
3 Brock Boeser F
4 Brendan Gaunce C/LW/Cole Cassels C/Brendan Gaunce C/LW
5 Cole Cassels C/Brendan Gaunce C/LW/Cole Cassels C

6 Thather Demko G
7 Hunter Shinkaruk LW
8 Ben Hutton D
9 Alexandre Grenier RW
10 Andrey Pedan D/Jordan Subban D/Guillaume Brisebois D/Evan McEneny D

11 Jordan Subban D
12 Evan McEneny D
13 Guillaume Brisebois D
14 Nikita Tryamkin D
15 Nicklas Jensen LW (what can you say, hope he has a good summer and come to the camp strong with a mission...or else...or else what? exactly)

16 Joe Cannata G
17 Joseph LaBate LW
18 Dmitry Zhukenov C
19 Alex Friesen C/RW
20 Dane Fox LW

Last edited:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Reading the main boards and it's hilarious how much Flames fans hate Shinkaruk.

And for no apparent reason. It's crazy how so many wish so much bad on him

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Reading the main boards and it's hilarious how much Flames fans hate Shinkaruk.

And for no apparent reason. It's crazy how so many wish so much bad on him

They were peeved at us when we rubbed it in their faces that they passed on Shinkaruk for Poirier, so them getting back at us now is pretty understandable.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
thanks for the links

though if the most impressive thing you have going for you is your +/-, something is very wrong

Let's just hope he's a tremendous possession player and was insanely unlucky this year. :laugh:

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Nice to see that Gaudette will be playing college hockey this season. Like Zhukenov coming over to play in the QMJHL, it will be interesting to be how Gaudette adapts to the NCAA.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
been updating my top 20
obv i dont have Clendening nor corrado on my list due to their waiver eligibility/too old (if there r some here who r also eligible, lmk)

1 Jake Virtanen RW
2 Jared McCann C
3 Brock Boeser F
4 Brendan Gaunce C/LW/Cole Cassels C/Brendan Gaunce C/LW
5 Cole Cassels C/Brendan Gaunce C/LW/Cole Cassels C

6 Thather Demko G
7 Hunter Shinkaruk LW
8 Ben Hutton D
9 Alexandre Grenier RW
10 Andrey Pedan D/Jordan Subban D/Guillaume Brisebois D/Evan McEneny D

11 Jordan Subban D
12 Evan McEneny D
13 Guillaume Brisebois D
14 Nikita Tryamkin D
15 Nicklas Jensen LW (what can you say, hope he has a good summer and come to the camp strong with a mission...or else...or else what? exactly)

16 Joe Cannata G
17 Joseph LaBate LW
18 Dmitry Zhukenov C
19 Alex Friesen C/RW
20 Dane Fox LW

No Jasek? He and Zhuk probably have the highest upside potential of anyone past think (bloody autocorrect - that should have been Shink)

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I see the Grouse Grind video is up... can't watch it at work...

Can anyone summarize how the kids did?

Did they say who killed it... or if they did it in groups again, which group won?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad