The Prospects Thread XXV - Stats, Lists in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
I see the Grouse Grind video is up... can't watch it at work...

Can anyone summarize how the kids did?

Did they say who killed it... or if they did it in groups again, which group won?

Ben Hutton Cederholm and another guy...no wait they came in 2nd....again not a whole lot of info form that vid..

No Jasek? He and Zhuk probably have the highest upside potential of anyone past think

i could prob bump down Cannata and LaBate down and have Zhukenov and Jasek up

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
From Boeser blog on Canucks.NHL.Com

Prospects camp came to an end today, but not without one final test: the Grouse Grind. What’s the Grouse Grind? "It’s a mountain you hike," is what I was told. The truth is that it’s a challenging 1.8 mile trail with almost 3,000 stairs going up, up and up.

I was teamed with Cederholm, Hutton, Caito, Lane and McLean and we crushed it, although Sautner, Neill, Olson, Lemcke, Ginn and Witt ended up with the best time. This was a nice change of pace, a perfect way to end camp and start the weekend for sure

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Nice to see that Gaudette will be playing college hockey this season. Like Zhukenov coming over to play in the QMJHL, it will be interesting to be how Gaudette adapts to the NCAA.

Often tough for rookies to come into the NCAA right out of the draft like that and make much of an impact, unless they're pretty special, really high-end prospects. Just the nature of NCAA hockey where you've got a lot "veterans" with tons of experience as they stick around to complete their degree - opportunity can be harder to come by early.

Zhukenov going to Chicoutimi is really exciting though. Team wasn't very good last year, but there should be a huge opportunity for him there - basically filling Laurent Dauphin's shoes. Excited to see how that goes for him.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Zhukenov going to Chicoutimi is really exciting though. Team wasn't very good last year, but there should be a huge opportunity for him there - basically filling Laurent Dauphin's shoes. Excited to see how that goes for him.

ya me too. regardless of quality of player, this draft is so much more interesting than 2014 from a fan perspective

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
From Boeser blog on Canucks.NHL.Com

Prospects camp came to an end today, but not without one final test: the Grouse Grind. What’s the Grouse Grind? "It’s a mountain you hike," is what I was told. The truth is that it’s a challenging 1.8 mile trail with almost 3,000 stairs going up, up and up.

I was teamed with Cederholm, Hutton, Caito, Lane and McLean and we crushed it, although Sautner, Neill, Olson, Lemcke, Ginn and Witt ended up with the best time. This was a nice change of pace, a perfect way to end camp and start the weekend for sure

That kid is damn well spoken for 18 future dynasty full of captains on the horizon

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
You do realize these type of things are heavily proofread and edited by professionals?

More likely a Canucks staffer just ran it through the spell checker and made sure it didn't contain any profanity.

The one tiny bit of "inside info" that I have about the Canucks is that, outside of hockey operations, their front office is run on a shoestring and more akin to a family business than some kind of mega corporation.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
More likely a Canucks staffer just ran it through the spell checker and made sure it didn't contain any profanity.

The one tiny bit of "inside info" that I have about the Canucks is that, outside of hockey operations, their front office is run on a shoestring and more akin to a family business than some kind of mega corporation.

Having done that kind of work for a professional sports team in the area, I can tell you with absolute certainty that it was thoroughly vetted for anything that could be construed as something that doesn't line up with the organization's messaging.

Upoil

Zaboomafoo
Aug 8, 2010
Bermuda
Having done that kind of work for a professional sports team in the area, I can tell you with absolute certainty that it was thoroughly vetted for anything that could be construed as something that doesn't line up with the organization's messaging.

Hard to believe when gaffs like the fire-starting and fire-hose team building activities not only happened but were filmed and put on their own Youtube channel.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007

Yep, ran it through the spell checker and made sure it didn't contain any profanity. ;-)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
What's going on with Jensen?

Last i saw...he was either hanging out on a beach, or...

Thinking about giving up the whole "hockey player" thing in favour of auditioning as the new "Johnny Canuck" mascot.

11202917_717278005050249_1358793882_n.jpg

Or possibly auditioning for the role of "New Big Zack"? :dunno:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
As a side note...that is not how you actually chop wood. But that's pretty much the story on Jensen's career thus far. Not one to really get his hands dirty and mind the details.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
As a side note...that is not how you actually chop wood. But that's pretty much the story on Jensen's career thus far. Not one to really get his hands dirty and mind the details.

Gaunce would definitely just go buy wood, no need to waste energy cutting it.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Gaunce would definitely just go buy wood, no need to waste energy cutting it.

Bo would just drag the logs around like an Ox until they split.

Hunter with a name like that ought to know how it's done, but he'd probably just bounce off because he's not strong enough.

Boeser would uh...yeah...uh...definitely uh...give it a go, but he's got some college to attend first for sure that he's real excited about.

McCann would look at the log and say, "it is what it is", and leave it alone.

Cassels would swing from the bottom up...it's not cheap if you don't get caught.

Tryamkin would say (via translator)..."I am the tree?"

Frankie Corrado would put a contract out on the wood with...The Family.

Demko would make like a Butterfly and land on the log all pretty and stuff.

Vey would come back next summer to try again @ 90%.

Cederholm would hold a weird wood-type grudge and throw the log at the wall, shattering it into pieces.

Mackenze Stewart would get real serious and focused on the log, but ultimately change positions before taking a swing.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
From now on, we should only draft prospects based on their log chopping skills... you know, chops/60, a fundamental metric in determining if a player will make it to the NHL.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley

Reminds me of this http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?id=1634484

---

Looks like Jensen wants to be a model. I've wandered into clothing stores with pictures like that on the wall... I don't think I bought anything.

Last edited:

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
It's the overall attitude of this team. In the face of adversity they wilt under pressure. I thought the whole point of keeping some of these vets around was to show the younger kids how to win? I don't want any of our prospects learning how to play in the playoffs from any of our veterans.

Its gonna happen.

In a few years, the core will be different for the better or worse.

Horvat, Tanev, Cassels, Boeser. Those are good pieces to build around.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Its gonna happen.

In a few years, the core will be different for the better or worse.

Horvat, Tanev, Cassels, Boeser. Those are good pieces to build around.

We haven't even seen what Cassels or Boeser can do, so it's premature to say they're good pieces to build around. We think they are, but people also thought Nick Jensen was a good piece to build around when they were happy we didn't trade him for help at the 2013 trade deadline.

I'm excited at seeing what Virtanen and Baertschi can do. But then the realist in me realizes they won't be given much of a chance anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad