Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at Pittsburgh | 2/17/19 - 12:30 PM - NBC

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We could have won that. The turning point was the 4 minute powerplay we had at the beginning of the 3rd--the first two thirds of which we absolutely wasted with poor passing (looking at Hayes and Shattenkirk)--we didn't score off that or even build any momentum--the reverse was true as the Pittsburgh went right down the ice after it ended and scored the tie breaking goal.

Shattenkirk had two assists but I didn't like his game. His pairing with Claesson struggled. Hayes had a goal and an assist but I didn't like his game much either.

As far as Tony D--he was fine as far as I'm concerned.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Heh. Well I'm not going to argue because I like him but he's not great in his own end without the puck.

Part of playing defense is getting the puck back and defending your net. That being said he can certainly get better at those things and I won't mind
But that’s still a myth. He made one obvious defensive mistake today that led to a goal, but for the most part, he’s better defensively than pretty much all of our defensemen. He gets criticized for his defense (even though it’s pretty good), while other defensemen who are worse get a pass? And those defensemen can’t even provide 10% of ADA’s offense.

I think this board is very reactionary, and people make incorrect assumptions after one game, one goal, one play, etc. because it’s fresh in their minds.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
This is the best thing you've ever said on this board. Congratulations, it only took you 921 attempts.

Here's something you'll like even more...

Zucc stats in this game, 2 goals, 8 shots on goal (team lead), time on ice 24:44 (team lead).

But...fluffy said he's declining :laugh:

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
All I know is that Zucc better bring back at least a 1st or top prospect, or seriously consider resigning him! He brings so much to that top line its crazy! It's been a very long time since we've had a dominant, producing top line...

marciiauzii

Nov 15, 2012
Latvia
All I know is that Zucc better bring back at least a 1st or top prospect, or seriously consider resigning him! He brings so much to that top line its crazy! It's been a very long time since we've had a dominant, producing top line...

My thoughts exactly. Only trade him if someone offers something crazy

Reactions: fredrikstad

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

Zucc stats in this game, 2 goals, 8 shots on goal (team lead), time on ice 24:44 (team lead).

Well, he is declining. One game doesn’t change that. Scoring is up in general. He’s still good, but not as good as he used to be.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Whats more amazing is that Kreider (not hating on him) isn't the one driving the line like he usually does on our top line

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC

He was great today and your right i love him increasing his value.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Well, he is declining. One game doesn’t change that. Scoring is up in general. He’s still good, but not as good as he used to be.
Its hard to say. Lets see how he plays the rest of the season and playoffs. He was hurt earlier in the year. Just from an age perspective I wouldn't sign him for more than 2-3 years if he wanted to come back in the summer.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
It's embarrassing that a national commentator would show overt bias by saying "That was a HUGE save for US"

Someone should be calling him into their office for a chat over that little blurb

The bigger issue with it makes the appearance of games being scripted a real possibility.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Nonsense, he's been playing 25 mins a game for a month now. Quinn said it's crazy, but it's Zucc who wants to do it.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
My thoughts exactly. Only trade him if someone offers something crazy
Don't agree. Hold out to get best offer, but trade him regardless. It is already on record he wants back. Whether that actually happens, remains to be seen......but steal a pick and a good prospect. He will understand. Hell, even give him the C if that is what he wants......but no to 5-6 X 5-6.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think reality set in for Zucc during that talk with Sather that he needs to play for his NHL life and stop sulking. If he wants a real contract he’s gotta start playing like a top 6 player again. Based off what he’s doing now someone will give him a 4 year contract and he’ll continue his career. For a while there and I mean probably a calendar year, he had been atrocious.

He has to bring back a first round pick. Really has to. No other winger outside of stone and Panarin are avail producing like he is.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yes he is.

He may not drive production but he 100000% drives play on that line.
I think all three players have been equally responsible for the production on that line since they've been on fire.
In the past its been noticeably much more Kreider with anyone he's played with

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Don't agree. Hold out to get best offer, but trade him regardless. It is already on record he wants back. Whether that actually happens, remains to be seen......but steal a pick and a good prospect. He will understand. Hell, even give him the C if that is what he wants......but no to 5-6 X 5-6.
If he really wants to be with the team, he’ll come back after being traded. But I doubt he gives a discount. But if we don’t trade him, he’ll probably give us a discount. I’m kind of torn. I want the Rangers to trade him, but I also want to resign him. I think 3 years at 5 mil a year is fair. Or 2 years at 5.5 mil a year, if he wants there to be enough time for him to get a big UFA contract.

Reactions: Larrybiv and bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad