Proposal: The please fire Travis Green thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I'm already hearing people say you cant fire a coach during a road trip...that's what everyone was saying LAST road trip.
What would happen if Green got Covid or had a family thing that meant he had to leave the team? I guess these people think they would have to cancel games

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
That first period tonight was almost comical.....Thatcher Demko was standing on his head and by some miracle they came out 0-0. Not that it made much difference in the end.

Green said later his team 'played too slow' in the first period. But listening to his listless post-game presser, it's time for the Canucks to bring out the 'mercy hook' for the coach. No human being deserves this, no matter how bad a coach he is.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Green is all out of f***s given, he knows his fate is coming and he will gladly take the money for his services.

He’s just waiting for it any day now. I’m sure he’s a nice guy off the ice but he’s out of his element here, him and his coaching staff need to go.

Baumgartner has been horrible since he’s got here, the defense has been worse each year. King has been terrible, just flat out terrible.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Tonight was the first night......that both sides publicly admitted.......The players had no answer as to what's going on .?..and the coach has no answer to whats going on either..?..Somethings gotta give.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I have worked a lot of middle-upper management jobs, the truly awful managers on all levels never know it's their fault. Even when you fire them, and suggest they try a different career, like anythingggg else, it still doesn't click in..

Reactions: Green Blank Stare

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
Green should have been fired after the game. It'd be madness to trot him out there again Friday night. Even worse to have Miller and Horvat answer the same questions again about the team looking horrendous.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Tonight was the first night......that both sides publicly admitted.......The players had no answer as to what's going on .?..and the coach has no answer to whats going on either..?..Somethings gotta give.
But we the fans know what's going on...
This is a poorly constructed team ,,built by Jim Benning and a poorly poorly coached team ,, coached by Travis Green..
If changes are not made,,how many players are going to start publicly wanting out...

Reactions: luongo321

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Vancouver has a regulation win percentage of .309 under Benning tenure. 172 wins in 556 games, worst in the league over the last 7 years with only Arizona and Buffalo close. Arizona has been cash poor and Buffalo changing owners.

Even worse if Benning's first year isn't counted a win percentage of 0.286 . 136 regulation wins in 474 games, this is open info on NHL.com How was this never mentioned EVER?

This problem goes beyond the coaching. This is what happens when the leader has a flawed vision, overpaid expiring vets, paying players for past performances and expecting even better results a decade later, coveting other teams AHL players and then over paying them. I refer to Garland, it does not matter his performance on this team, his salary was league minimum and he was an RFA, the Canucks could have/should have offered 2 mil a season and if he didn't take it he could wait. Again another contract that looks like it was made by the agent and signed without reading, there have been several of these from players traded for or signed as FA's.

This is not just coaching this is Benning through and through

Green will get canned and the team will respond with a few wins, this type of thing happens with a change that offers something different, it is called the "Hawthorne Effect", which means nothing really changes except perceptions of change.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Vancouver has a regulation win percentage of .309 under Benning tenure. 172 wins in 556 games, worst in the league over the last 7 years with only Arizona and Buffalo close. Arizona has been cash poor and Buffalo changing owners.

Even worse if Benning's first year isn't counted a win percentage of 0.286 . 136 regulation wins in 474 games, this is open info on NHL.com How was this never mentioned EVER?

This problem goes beyond the coaching. This is what happens when the leader has a flawed vision, overpaid expiring vets, paying players for past performances and expecting even better results a decade later, coveting other teams AHL players and then over paying them. I refer to Garland, it does not matter his performance on this team, his salary was league minimum and he was an RFA, the Canucks could have/should have offered 2 mil a season and if he didn't take it he could wait. Again another contract that looks like it was made by the agent and signed without reading, there have been several of these from players traded for or signed as FA's.

This is not just coaching this is Benning through and through

Green will get canned and the team will respond with a few wins, this type of thing happens with a change that offers something different, it is called the "Hawthorne Effect", which means nothing really changes except perceptions of change.
Send this to Donnie and Dhali. They are the only ones with the guts to mention it live.

Reactions: MarkMM

vancouverbucsfan

Nov 18, 2021
what’s all this Racket?
If he was such a good GM why didn't he get another job 8 plus years later? Oh that's right cause his drafting was awful and he ran the cupboard bare and rode the coattails of the previous regime! I rest my case, case closed!

vancouverbucsfan

Nov 18, 2021
Flexing about giving this team money. What a hero.
At least I pay and go unlike all you armchair quarterbacks that probably complain and never go! I've been a yearly 11 game ice pack holder since 1997. I have 11 Golden Knights tickets and Raiders season tickets to boot, cheers!

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
At least I pay and go unlike all you armchair quarterbacks that probably complain and never go! I've been a yearly 11 game ice pack holder since 1997. I have 11 Golden Knights tickets and Raiders season tickets to boot, cheers!
Congratulations.

You must be proud.

Reactions: racerjoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad