OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: World Cup N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Ya NBA and Madden are running on Frostbite.

NHL is not. Which is why they said those RPG story mode elements arent on it.

And same here with the rosters, now days they have roster updates you can download anyway.

But I mostly play be a player, or EASHL online.
Back in college, around 09-10, my buddies and I had a squad ranked 4th in the world for a bit in EASHL. Spent hours every day playing that shit.

I haven’t played an NHL game in a couple years now, but I hear it’s nothing like it used to be. Made the computers way too impactful and the game is less about individual skill.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Back in college, around 09-10, my buddies and I had a squad ranked 4th in the world for a bit in EASHL. Spent hours every day playing that ****.

I haven’t played an NHL game in a couple years now, but I hear it’s nothing like it used to be. Made the computers way too impactful and the game is less about individual skill.

Whoa... that is actually kinda cool. Becaue in 08 or 09 me and my friends from college were in the top 25. We also played it religiously after class until like 1 or 2 am.

And yes you're right.

The computers never do what you tell them to. Even if you make adjustments to the system. Like playing NZ Trap, or having the dmen contain the puck instead of collapsing in front of the net.

You'll try to set up a cycle in the OZ so you chip and retrieve, give it a bit then try to pass to the point, and dudes not there.

Then you can kind of tell when the game wants you to lose or get scored on. Because you'll go from owning possession to not being able to get the puck off the other team. All rebounds go right to them. They intercept all passes, or make the most ridiculous snipe shots from impossible angles.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Yeah I can't stand when I'm about to post a shutout due to excellent positioning...the CPU pops off the bench and scores 5 hole on a shitty shot from outside the blueline. Always with less than a few minutes to go.

Unless it's s sim of a MAF goal...it's bullshit!

Don't get me started on how you can never get the puck back when it's pokechecked off you YET when you pokecheck it off the CPU you also never get it.

Or the game you lose outshooting the CPU 55-18....yet the next time you play that team you destroy them with far less shots.

Or how you can never win a dump in..
Or hardly get a breakaway as the CPU defender suddenly skates faster than you can.

Ugh.

But. It's hockey. So I'll play. Just like we all hate the real NHL, we still watch it.

Reactions: USMC607

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Back in college, around 09-10, my buddies and I had a squad ranked 4th in the world for a bit in EASHL. Spent hours every day playing that ****.

Xbox? What was your club name? I will definitely know the name. Back around those times my team won it all 6 times and I played on a lot of top 6s clubs.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh ya the puck and body physics are atrocious even in 18.

You'll go to rip a slapper and you'll do a 360 sometimes and shoot it down your own end. Even if your pressing up on your analog.

You'll hit the pass trigger and your guy wont do it, so you gotta hit it twice.

Hits also. You either absolutely crush someone or you slide off them and let up a odd man break. There is no in between.

Sometimes you'll get poke checked by some one in a different area code.

And then the worst thing that drives me absolutely nuts, is when you crush a dude or you poke check the puck away, your go goes to retrieve it and skates right thru it or skates in circles around it like he dont want it. Then the opposing player just picks it back up.

And that is all on top of the glitch goals that still plague the game.

I can't believe EA won't make an actual hockey game sim. They do a great job with FIFA simulation aspects. I know different development teams and all, but still. C'mon EA.

Does it still have that magnetic feel to it? Like the weird attraction to the puck or players with the puck? Hits especially felt magnetic.

Reactions: USMC607

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Xbox? What was your club name? I will definitely know the name. Back around those times my team won it all 6 times and I played on a lot of top 6s clubs.
Yea Xbox. It may have been Super Friends. We all had superhero names. But I can’t remember, had a few clubs back then. We also didn’t play in any special tournaments and the ranking didn’t last. I remember my buddy always talking about wanting to go to Toronto for that but it didn’t happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthGeorge

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I can't believe EA won't make an actual hockey game sim. They do a great job with FIFA simulation aspects. I know different development teams and all, but still. C'mon EA.

Does it still have that magnetic feel to it? Like the weird attraction to the puck or players with the puck? Hits especially felt magnetic.

Yes it does

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Yes it does

But you gotta love those backhand SLAPSHOT goals where the puck magically sucks up to the stick from three feet away and rockets off the blade even though the player had zero angle or leverage to shoot.

Realistic!

And how every player can do Sid level tip ins from all over and bat the puck in from midair at the edge of faceoff dots.

EA Sports...It's in the game!

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
But you gotta love those backhand SLAPSHOT goals where the puck magically sucks up to the stick from three feet away and rockets off the blade even though the player had zero angle or leverage to shoot.

Realistic!

And how every player can do Sid level tip ins from all over and bat the puck in from midair at the edge of faceoff dots.

EA Sports...It's in the game!

LOL! Looks like a pinball game there hahah.

I know exactly what you mean too about skill level of lower quality players and the unimaginable goals that you can score with ease. EA is so arcadey and it is an insult they offer simulation sliders.

Hahah, I remember one year the sliders did nothing. Every single slider did _nothing_. I forget which NHL it was, around 08-12 maybe.
Ooooooooh yooooouuuuu EA. Oh you.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
YO!

France looks incredible. They are blazing fast out there it is really impressive.

Argentina looked like crap all tournament long, but still France is on fire.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Man they just keep coming. I wonder if France has a chance at going deep in the tournament.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Both teams dogged it in the group stage then bang!

Since USA didn't make it. Honduras didn't make it. Poland was embarrassed and ousted. I have no teams left, so from what I saw during group I am going with Brazil. Neymar is a machine and that team is stacked.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Since USA didn't make it. Honduras didn't make it. Poland was embarrassed and ousted. I have no teams left, so from what I saw during group I am going with Brazil. Neymar is a machine and that team is stacked.

I have no idea in the World Cup. Some of the results in the group stages were so out of whack like never before.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I have no idea in the World Cup. Some of the results in the group stages were so out of whack like never before.

Yep. Not to mention I'm a selective futbol viewer and really don't follow much outside of just watching games. But you can bet your booty I love the world cup. Exciting stuff.

I bet the 2pm game is just as good. I have to hurry to watch that 2pm game because I'm about to hit the streets/trails and test out my new mountain bike!

You watching the 2pm game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad