OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: World Cup N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You aren't missing much. I'm only playing it because I got it for free. I quit giving them money 3 years ago. It was game changing and fun when it first came out with be a pro in 08. Being able to lock onto a position and have human users for every position. Have your own club with logo, jerseys, banners, rink, etc. It's ran it's course and the community and average player is just aids now.

Yeah I played it, I just can never get into the arcadey side of it. Even when it tries to be a sim it just isn't what NHL 2k8 used to be. I _still_ play 2k8 on 360 some times when a group of us get together and we play either 4 of us on a team or 2v2. It is the most fun I ever had in a hockey game. Not to mention it was the first year 2k did the pro stick and it took a month to learn how to use the controls. One of the reasons 2k closed its hockey game down was because 2k8 was so difficult to play nobody bought it. Though they missed one of the best hockey sim games ever because they didn't take some time to learn how to control it.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You aren't missing much. I'm only playing it because I got it for free. I quit giving them money 3 years ago. It was game changing and fun when it first came out with be a pro in 08. Being able to lock onto a position and have human users for every position. Have your own club with logo, jerseys, banners, rink, etc. It's ran it's course and the community and average player is just aids now.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

This site is so broken!
I meant to ask you what system you play it for and what consoles do you own? WHich do you prefer as your favorite?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
This site is so broken!
I meant to ask you what system you play it for and what consoles do you own? WHich do you prefer as your favorite?

XboxOne. I've owned both. Playstation is going to have better graphics and single player exclusive games if that's your thing. Xbox is the better online experience. Games like EA port better to Xbox imo, more people use their mics, service is down way less than PS, better UI, etc. That's another issue, majority of the community was on Xbox last gen and a lot of people got tricked into buying Playstation this gen. So the community is more spaced out.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
XboxOne. I've owned both. Playstation is going to have better graphics and single player exclusive games if that's your thing. Xbox is the better online experience. Games like EA port better to Xbox imo, more people use their mics, service is down way less than PS, better UI, etc. That's another issue, majority of the community was on Xbox last gen and a lot of people got tricked into buying Playstation this gen. So the community is more spaced out.

Wow I just typed a huge reply and the site decided to break down and not post it.
I'm not retyping that =P

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
WOW! Germany scores to win the match and keep their tournament alive... wow! What a goal by Germany to win the match with less than 30 seconds... what a beautiful goal. I'm amazed.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Crazy important games going on right now. Too bad they are playing both at the same time.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Sweden's gonna build a wall and Mexico is gonna pay for it!

Wait, which part of the internet am I on again?

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Sweden's gonna build a wall and Mexico is gonna pay for it!

Wait, which part of the internet am I on again?

Everybody is gonna build a wall and Germany is gonna pay for it!

Take that Müller you f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek:!

I'd like to take the chance to any germans in here that I in my life normally have had no problem with Die Mannshaft, but think Müller can choke on a bag of dicks. There I said it.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Everybody is gonna build a wall and Germany is gonna pay for it!

Take that Müller you ****ing ****!

I'd like to take the chance to any germans in here that I in my life normally have had no problem with Die Mannshaft, but think Müller can choke on a bag of dicks. There I said it.

Why do you hate Muller? I'm a Bayern supporter and Germany is my 2nd team to US. I hate Muller too so I'm just curious :laugh:

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Why do you hate Muller? I'm a Bayern supporter and Germany is my 2nd team to US. I hate Muller too so I'm just curious :laugh:

Well, he is a crybaby with a big mouth. Commenting on Sweden play and tactics.

We do what we can with what we have got. Nothing more nothing less, not our fault we don't have the resources of Germany.

That he complaints about. Well, how did that work out Thomas?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Well, he is a crybaby with a big mouth. Commenting on Sweden play and tactics.

We do what we can with what we have got. Nothing more nothing less, not our fault we don't have the resources of Germany.

That he complaints about. Well, how did that work out Thomas?

I missed his comments and can't find them. But I wouldn't care too much about anything he says. He's washed up and a shell of himself at age 28.

Props to Sweden, great team. But I do have to say if we are keeping a spade a spade. Your coach comes off as a cry baby and looks like he has anger issues like he took the loss out on his wife.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I haven't played hockey since NHL 2k series closed down. EA is pure trash to me I could never get into it. That is very unfortunate too because there is no other hockey game :(

EA are cash grabbers that ruin franchises.

Just look at Mass Effect series (once they had total control in 3 and Andromeda) and Battlefront.

I play NHL but there is so much they could do with it, that they dont.

Its turned into Madden where it's the same game every yr except the rosters changed. Even the last madden though had that new story mode. That had RPG elements in between games. It was a huge hit for people who played it.

Thought theyd do that with NHL 19.
But nope. You get pond hockey 1 on 1 - 3 on 3 mode.

Where you can dress your player up in street clothes etc. Wuuuuuu!!!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
EA are cash grabbers that ruin franchises.

Just look at Mass Effect series (once they had total control in 3 and Andromeda) and Battlefront.

I play NHL but there is so much they could do with it, that they dont.

Its turned into Madden where it's the same game every yr except the rosters changed. Even the last madden though had that new story mode. That had RPG elements in between games. It was a huge hit for people who played it.

Thought theyd do that with NHL 19.
But nope. You get pond hockey 1 on 1 - 3 on 3 mode.

Where you can dress your player up in street clothes etc. Wuuuuuu!!!

Yeah f that waste of money. If you want a real hockey sim and have a 360 get NHL 2k8. It is the closest thing to a FIFA sim you will get.
Forget EA and their magnetic puck and movement. Makes me sick. Haven't played a hockey game since NHL 11 when I realized 2k was dead and EA was all I had left. I quit EA.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I have never played...but I hear the NBA games by EA are freaking awesome. Like, every aspect is so awesome. NHL is definitely the red-headed step child. We get tech, 'physics, and coding like 3 years after FIFA has had it...and well after Madden...which means it is probaby 10 years behind NBA.

I just grab a copy of NHL whatever every like 3-5 years. I don't care about rosters because I play BAP mode and after a few 'seasons' everything is jumbled so who gives a shit.

I am still stuck in 360 land anyway. I have NHL Legacy (NHL 15 Lite, essentially) which replaced NHL 09 that I ran for....7 years? lol. I have had NHL 94, 97, 98, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2009, 2015, of which, I have probably played like 5000 games. That is 2500 hours at a minimum. Or around 105 days straight.

I bet I could be as good as Sid if I put that much effort into real hockey, instead, I get winded tying my skates. lol. And...FML if I have to go out on the ice for a shootout attempt...might as well surrender because my 'moves' and shot are pathetic.

Last edited:

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I loved NHL 2001. Put so many hours into that on the PC.

Back when you could knock over a goalie with a slap shot lol.

Bummed I can't get it to work on my laptop or I'd still play it.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I loved NHL 2001. Put so many hours into that on the PC.

Back when you could knock over a goalie with a slap shot lol.

Bummed I can't get it to work on my laptop or I'd still play it.

You just reminded me. I had downloaded a pretty comprehensive modding program when I had 2001. I updated center ice logos, arena names, player attributes/contracts, got custom sweaters, and fully customized all the songs in game (hahahah, i remember having to rip the 'good' parts of so many songs now!...legally sourced songs procured from Kazaa, of course).

Of course, most all of this is straight up implemented in the games now.

But the dark ages of 2001, we had to do it ourselves!

Cool to see some people are keeping NHL 04 going lol Why obsessed hockey fans are updating ‘NHL 2004’ every single year

Last edited:

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Yeah f that waste of money. If you want a real hockey sim and have a 360 get NHL 2k8. It is the closest thing to a FIFA sim you will get.
Forget EA and their magnetic puck and movement. Makes me sick. Haven't played a hockey game since NHL 11 when I realized 2k was dead and EA was all I had left. I quit EA.

Oh ya the puck and body physics are atrocious even in 18.

You'll go to rip a slapper and you'll do a 360 sometimes and shoot it down your own end. Even if your pressing up on your analog.

You'll hit the pass trigger and your guy wont do it, so you gotta hit it twice.

Hits also. You either absolutely crush someone or you slide off them and let up a odd man break. There is no in between.

Sometimes you'll get poke checked by some one in a different area code.

And then the worst thing that drives me absolutely nuts, is when you crush a dude or you poke check the puck away, your go goes to retrieve it and skates right thru it or skates in circles around it like he dont want it. Then the opposing player just picks it back up.

And that is all on top of the glitch goals that still plague the game.

Reactions: shoplifter

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I have never played...but I hear the NBA games by EA are freaking awesome. Like, every aspect is so awesome. NHL is definitely the red-headed step child. We get tech, 'physics, and coding like 3 years after FIFA has had it...and well after Madden...which means it is probaby 10 years behind NBA.

I just grab a copy of NHL whatever every like 3-5 years. I don't care about rosters because I play BAP mode and after a few 'seasons' everything is jumbled so who gives a ****.

I am still stuck in 360 land anyway. I have NHL Legacy (NHL 15 Lite, essentially) which replaced NHL 09 that I ran for....7 years? lol. I have had NHL 94, 97, 98, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2009, 2015, of which, I have probably played like 5000 games. That is 2500 hours at a minimum. Or around 105 days straight.

I bet I could be as good as Sid if I put that much effort into real hockey, instead, I get winded tying my skates. lol. And...FML if I have to go out on the ice for a shootout attempt...might as well surrender because my 'moves' and shot are pathetic.

Ya NBA and Madden are running on Frostbite.

NHL is not. Which is why they said those RPG story mode elements arent on it.

And same here with the rosters, now days they have roster updates you can download anyway.

But I mostly play be a player, or EASHL online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad