OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: World Cup N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Yep. Not to mention I'm a selective futbol viewer and really don't follow much outside of just watching games. But you can bet your booty I love the world cup. Exciting stuff.

I bet the 2pm game is just as good. I have to hurry to watch that 2pm game because I'm about to hit the streets/trails and test out my new mountain bike!

You watching the 2pm game?

No I only watch the Aussie games and highlights. I’ll watch the final though

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm gonna miss the 2 PM game, too much stuff to do and only have the weekends to do it. Time difference is less than ideal for this WC

I know man. I woke up today... well I didn't really sleep more than a wink, at 8 and watched the 10am game and it just feels off. It is an un-natural feeling and my body and mind are fighting it as if I should be doing something else.

Yeah, today I rode my new mountain bike, which is so dang amazing and smooth, and jumped in the kiddie pool because it is so dang hot, which was pretty annoying, it's like a bath outside and my neighbors were talking to me it was pretty awkward.

Now I'm sunburned and have to visit my ill relative and spend the night there with wifey, daughter, and german shepherd.

Last time I remember watching games early like this was the Sochi olympic hockey games. I believe they were early as well.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Can't believe the ref didn't card Suarez for his theatrics. He was diving every time someone breathed on him. Such a disgrace.

Kudos to that ref though. He called the game the way it should be called. No whistles for light fouls, no giving in to obvious dives, playing on through contact. Really created a physical game which was thoroughly entertaining. Reminded me of how the EPL was played in the past.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
A good match between Spain - Russia to hold me over until the craziness of 01 July begins

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh man. Spain v Russian is going into overtime! Or extra-time. Whatever futbol calls it.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
That looked like kovalchuk at 20 seconds.

the whole gang is hanging out.

nhlrussiaatwc2018-1040x572.jpg

Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Malkin, Radulov go nuts for Russian World Cup win - Sportsnet.ca

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I had the impression Malkin and Ovechkin didn't really get along
I’m pretty sure they have always been buds. I remember analysts talking about how interesting it was that OV would try to run Geno during NHL games, due to their friendship.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Lebron to the Lakers.

And i thought the man couldn't do more to have people hate him.

Unjustifiably or Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->