OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: World Cup N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Such a shame that LeBron is a coward and chose to play for a team where he'd be carried by the greatest player of all time, Lonzo Ball.

Ya Bron is definitely carrying the load on that team. Probably the worst team he has been on since the 1st go round with the Cavs.

But people hate the Lakers and they for some reason hate Lebron.

They are definitely hate him now. Espeacially if he has them make trades to bring in big names.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Ya Bron is definitely carrying the load on that team. Probably the worst team he has been on since the 1st go round with the Cavs.

But people hate the Lakers and they for some reason hate Lebron.

They are definitely hate him now. Espeacially if he has them make trades to bring in big names.

I understood the hate for Durant, but this just seems so childish. People hate LeBron because he's great. Not because he's a bad guy outside of the game, not even because of his behavior in the game. He's just the best, by far. He's probably the best ever. That's no reason to hate someone.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I understood the hate for Durant, but this just seems so childish. People hate LeBron because he's great. Not because he's a bad guy outside of the game, not even because of his behavior in the game. He's just the best, by far. He's probably the best ever. That's no reason to hate someone.

The best players normally get alot of hate out of the gate from fans of other teams the player isnt on.

Then hate from fans of other great players like Jordan and Kobe.

Then when he went to make the super team in Miami he got labeled as a deserter and not being able to win it on his own. Although no one does in a team sport. Not even Jordan.

Now one of the most hated teams in the NBA has him.

But I do agree it's all nonsense.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Cousins signing with the Warriors.

That is insanity. Just give them the title for next yr too.

The NBA also needs another lockout

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Right, was on place in office at 6.30am this morning to get out in time. Had to channel my inner Colin McRae in traffic but we're here, I'm getting drunk, Berg still couldn't hit a dam barndoor in front of him and we're in the lead.

Woho!

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Man Columbia reminds me of the Bengals: some really talented players but they have zero mental composure when the slightest thing goes wrong.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
This entire match is gross. Both teams are prioritizing thuggery and playacting over good football. The ref has been dire, he's never attempted to control the game and he seems to have gotten a disproportionate number of calls wrong that have hurt Colombia, but there's no excuse for this kind of garbage in an otherwise stellar World Cup. It's unfortunate that one of these teams will advance, shame on them both.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Historically, the worse Sweden play, the better their results. They narrowly squeaked by Greater Albania due to a nothing shot that took an unfortunate deflection, so they'll be a formidable opponent.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Do you think the guy that missed will want to go back to Columbia? Didn’t work out too good for the last guy that screwed up. ;)

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Cards and fines need to be handed out to divers, I don't care if it takes video review after the match to sort it out. It's absolutely ridiculous and makes the game less enjoyable. Get it out of the game.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Do you think the guy that missed will want to go back to Columbia? Didn’t work out too good for the last guy that screwed up. ;)

As sad as Andres Escobar's murder was, his own goal played an incidental role at best. What happened was a narco harassed him about it in a club and he was prideful (read: stupid) enough to respond to the provocation. That's why he was murdered. The media then chose to sensationalize it as a hit in response to his own goal when, in reality, it was more an unfortunate symptom of the general lawlessness in Colombia at the time.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Everyone just high-fiving everyone, giving everyone hugs. Just a great atmosphere everywhere. Bring on Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad