The Pittsburgher Thread: Who should be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I went to the game last night. It was cold and both teams sucked at offense.

I am so tired of the Steelers running what is basically the air raid offense in the nfl.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
While the Pirates are the laughing stock of perpetual gag reals the Steelers are slowly sliding into hold my beer territory.
I know it's cool to bash the Steelers on here, but to compare them to the Pirates is beyond silly.

Pirates are considered successful when they're merely above .500. Steelers are considered successful when they win the championship. You're trying to compare a coach with a 65.7 career winning percentage to the laughing stock of pro sports.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Run/pass ratio wasn't the issue. It's not the 90's anymore. The main culprits for the Steelers collapse were a rotten defense, a kicker with the yips, and a general lack of focus and preparedness.
The offense could never finish teams off though. They could never put teams away and left the game in the hands of their crappy defense too often. Randy Sphincter always got way too conservative when the games were close. The offense had the personnel to finish teams, the defense is a group of idiots.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The offense could never finish teams off though. They could never put teams away and left the game in the hands of their crappy defense too often. Randy Sphincter always got way too conservative when the games were close. The offense had the personnel to finish teams, the defense is a group of idiots.

Expecting the offense to have the ball at the end of every game is as silly as expecting every offensive drive to be 10 minutes long because you don't want to "score too fast." At some point, the defense has to make a stop. Of course, the Steelers had the options of inserting Ben back into the Oakland game earlier, but arrogantly thought Dobbs and the defense could maintain a 4-point 2nd half lead.

In the grand scheme of things, while not perfect, the offense held up its end of the bargin.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014

Yeah but we tended to get real conservative w a lead on offense.
Really both sides of the ball they turtled w a lead.
The D wasn’t good enough to protect a 1-score game, but the offense was good enough to make it a 2-3 score game, but they often played not to lose, instead of going for the kill.

Reactions: Andy99

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Jags voiding Fournettes guarantees is hilarious!! This equals Super Bowl for the Jags next year because the key to Sabans and Belicheat success is no loyalty to players and coaches.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
They were never drafting a QB with Bortles under that contract. I suspect they'll go one more year, suck next season, and draft a QB in 2020. Another option might be Teddy Bridgewater.

Last edited:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
They were never drafting a QB with Bortles under that contract. I suspect they'll go one more year, suck next season, and draft a QB in 2020. Another option might be Teddy Bridgewater.

They are cutting Bortles in the off-season so I would imagine they draft a guy

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I know it's cool to bash the Steelers on here, but to compare them to the Pirates is beyond silly.

Pirates are considered successful when they're merely above .500. Steelers are considered successful when they win the championship. You're trying to compare a coach with a 65.7 career winning percentage to the laughing stock of pro sports.

Thats still a long way from being remotely true.... next year will be 40 years between World Series appearances for the Buccos...
the Steelers aren’t a dynasty but they are one of the more successful pro sports teams for wins and playoff appearances even in the Mike Tomlin era...

Note my screen name. Joke. :laugh: It okay to laugh.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Maybe we can acquire/sign Fournette if the Jags cut him or trade him. He will fit in nicely on our dysfunctional team.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Vance Joseph was only given two years. He only had 2 less wins than shithead Tomlin and by far an inferior roster.

Adam Gase had 1 less win with a joke of a roster. I’d love to see Tomlin coach his way to 7 wins with a back up qb for most of the season.

These guys get fired and Tomlin gets to focus on what shitty players he will draft next year.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Fournette would be a huge addition. I'd do that in a heartbeat
Agreed. We are already becoming the laughing stock of the league, so why not take a chance on a player like him? He won’t fumble the ball like butter fingers Conner. We have nothing to lose at this point with dumbass Tomlin here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia