The Pittsburgher Thread: Who should be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
3 playoff wins since 2010.
And 5-4 against teams we are favored by 9+ points.

Also:
HMkmcU.gif

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Well the Steelers will have some real cap space to make a play to improve the team next year.

The Steelers will roll Bell's $14.544 million cap hit from this year to next, and the cap is going up to boot.

There is at least that silver lining.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Alby Oxenreiter just said this on the news “I definitely think there will be some changes on the coaching staff. The coordinators will be looked at closely. A lot of people have been talking about Keith Butler, maybe special teams, maybe others. Mike Tomlin is here to stay. I don’t think there’s any question. That’s not going to change. Mike Tomlin is here to stay as long as he wants to be here.

I take his word with a grain of salt, but pretty much what we all expected.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I do watch the games. That is precisely why I think Tomlin needs to be fired. The issues go far beyond a few missed field goals or bad calls by the refs. Anyone using them is simply looking for excuses for Tomlin.

Reactions: domaug and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Keep on moaning about Tomlin. Look at the games. Boswell missed easy kicks that cost the Steelers at least three games. They needed one more win to take the AFC North.

What you fail to realize is that, yes, there’s what was the direct and last mistake that led to a failure in any one game....but if you really look more globally at the patterns of mistakes that keep getting repeated, and ask yourself why is it the team keeps putting itself in one-score games where one play from defense, Ben or the kicker is the difference between winning and losing, then you come to the inevitable conclusion that it’s the coaching and it sucks...

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
Alby Oxenreiter just said this on the news “I definitely think there will be some changes on the coaching staff. The coordinators will be looked at closely. A lot of people have been talking about Keith Butler, maybe special teams, maybe others. Mike Tomlin is here to stay. I don’t think there’s any question. That’s not going to change. Mike Tomlin is here to stay as long as he wants to be here.

I take his word with a grain of salt, but pretty much what we all expected.
Seems that the Rooney's have deemed the head coaching job on the same level as a supreme court justice, it's his for life or until he quits. They deserve all the failure they get under Tomlin if they continue to refuse to do anything about it.

It sucks that us fans have to sit and watch. I'd rather have a 3-4 win team than one with potential be mismanaged.

Reactions: Andy99

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Anyone who rips Ben in general should be forced to watch Blaine Gabbert (or any of 20-25 other guys who started this week) play QB.
let's not pretend that Ben has been perfect this season. he's had some bad games this year.

saying he's had his share of bad games isn't the same as blaming him for the team's failures.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Keep on moaning about Tomlin. Look at the games. Boswell missed easy kicks that cost the Steelers at least three games. They needed one more win to take the AFC North.
I agree that the missed kicks were huge and are one reason we missed the playoffs but the problems are still deeper than that. The opener against Cleveland, the Denver and Oakland losses etc. were not just about missed kicks. The team looked unbelievably sloppy and woefully unprepared to play those games and there's a clear pattern of that under Tomlin.

Reactions: td_ice

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
1) Boswell sucked. 2) It was Tomlin that stuck with him and expected a different outcome each time. But blaming the kicker for losing those games is an easy scapegoat to everything that happened before the kicker was put in the position to win/lose the game. Not only easy, but super lazy.

Tomlin's playing down to the competition, his piss poor game management, and this defense's inability to hold a lead has finally come home to roost this season. Plain and simple.

In the season were the AFC is wide open, and the Pats are beatable, and we are a couple wins away from clinching the division... we do shit like sit Ben against Oakland, let Dobbs play with the lead, and then blame the x-ray machine when it blows up in their faces.

Not only is Tomlin a terrible coach, he NEVER accepts responsible for when he's solely to blame for game-losing decisions.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
i would think he gets grabbed riiiiiiiiiight before the Steelers could pick.

If that's the case they better be willing to trade up.

Or have a cant miss CB to fall back on which the way they take CBs I wouldnt count on it.

But if we go Into next season with Willaims, Bostic again I will be the opposite of thrilled.

Reactions: domaug

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Unfortunately it appears that the Steelers will have to wait for Ben to retire before they see the fraud that Tomlin truly is. A couple 3-13 seasons should do him in, and they are coming very soon.

Ben is sloppy with the ball sometimes but he is a HOF QB. Unless we get extremely lucky in the next few drafts everyone will miss him when he’s gone.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
The loss of Shazier is still killing this team as well. He was the one guy besides maybe Watt that we have drafted lately who was looking to be a difference maker on D. His loss killed us at the ILB spot.

the secondary had a total of 6 ints all season. We really have 0 playmakers in the secondary. Haden is decent at this stage but probably on the downslope if his career. Secondary and the injury to Shazier doomed this team

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
So I just listened to Ed Bouchette on the Fan and he said that in his opinion only Danny Smith gets fired and he said in lesser words the only reason that would happen is because you have to “throw someone under the bus” when a season like this happens. Again that’s just his opinion but it’s coming from Bouchette so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was right

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad