The Pittsburgher Thread: Who should be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This guy...

giphy.gif

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Tomlin is a defensive coach correct? His background is Secondary specifically I believe. Yet we have a weak pass D for 8 years now? Players have been drafted and not one could be coached up?

Sorry Mike but your time is up. It’s not all his fault but when you are in charge of the circus you take the fall. The way the world works.

It’s always been a fallacy Tomlin is some kind of defensive genius. His one whole year as a defensive coordinator his defense was middle of the pack and his passing defense was ranked 31st.

He’s never known how to scheme well in the secondary or develop talent there.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I just think there’s been too much underachieving for too long. When you add up the games they lose by playing down to poor teams, it screws them every year out of higher P.O. seeds, or home field. And now finally out of the post season.
Tomlin makes the same mistakes every year, he has not improved. Hasn’t won a challenge since the 8th grade picnic.
On and on.
But basically inexcusable to miss with this roster. Want to hear what the minority owners have to say to Rooney.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This should be a dedicated Steelers thread. Especially since There's a pirates thread

It is basically, with other sports, too. It's similar to baseball, but we also talk about other sports in the summer, too. So it's never just simply the Buccos. We can talk about other sports as well.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
It’s always been a fallacy Tomlin is some kind of defensive genius. His one whole year as a defensive coordinator his defense was middle of the pack and his passing defense was ranked 31st.

He’s never known how to scheme well in the secondary or develop talent there.
Good lord, that's his resume? Dude must have been incredible at the interview process.

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
Crazy to think theyre done until september. I don’t see tomlin going, sadly. Butler, probably.

Team had so much talent, could have won it all.

Reactions: PhillyWings

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Tomlin should be but we all know he won’t.

Butler
Danny Smith
Joey Porter

Should all be gone by the time I am Writting this post

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Alot of yinzers want Mike McCarthey. Lol...man oh man...if you think Tomlin is terrible. Wait till you see Mike McCarthey in action.

Reactions: PhillyWings

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Good lord, that's his resume? Dude must have been incredible at the interview process.

He blew them away in the interview robble, robble, robble.

Likely talking nonsense like he does after games and the gullible people fall for it every time.

He’s basically the Jackie Chiles of NFL coaches.

Reactions: PensandCaps

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The Steelers to the Ravens, after beating them and then getting to 7-2-1, then getting complacent with the continuous chokes:

“Here, take the division”

Maddening. Infuriating. I’m a traditional pessimist, and even I am taken aback by missing the freaking playoffs altogether. My main solace is the fact that this team doesn’t have what it takes to win a close game anyway, so getting to the playoffs would likely just delay the inevitable frustration. Just getting it out of the way this weekend.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
When tomorrow Ron Cook says “Harbaugh missed the playoffs 3 straight years, he didn’t get fired!”
Someone please call and say Harbaugh has 6 playoff wins since 2010 and Tomlin has 3.
So sick of the local media sucking up to Bylsma , I mean Tomlin.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
On the brightside Baltimore is now going to go all in on their one dimensional run first QB which historically has the same shelf life as a gallon of milk.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Empoleon8771 said:
Do you think they'd actually do that, though? I doubt it. I feel like they'll blame this year on Bell not showing up or Boswell missing a bunch of field goals, and then pretend everything is fine.
No I don't, I'm just saying I think the players are good enough to compete.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
On the brightside Baltimore is now going to go all in on their one dimensional run first QB which historically has the same shelf life as a gallon of milk.
I just really hope this is true.

I hear a lot of people freaking out about next year because of the Ravens/Browns.

The Ravens are the Ravens got charged by a gimmicky QB and somehow found a run game. They just dodged a choke that they’ve traditionally made the past few seasons thanks to their supposedly elite D finally coming through in the clutch.

The Browns may be good, but are still a young team and the Bengals kinda suck/you can’t trust them with that coach even if they’re healthy.

The Steelers with Ben, a top o line, top WRs, improving D and better draft pick/some more cap space with the Bell mess done, should still, at the very least, make the playoffs. And if they don’t? How could they not be warranted in being fed up with Tomlin/starting to look elsewhere? It was a new way to screw up a season by F’ing up in Nov/Dec as opposed to losing a playoff game in a ridiculous way, but congrats to Tomlin for doing it.

To bounce off that above post: Harbaugh is a WAY better coach than Tomlin.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
When tomorrow Ron Cook says “Harbaugh missed the playoffs 3 straight years, he didn’t get fired!”
Someone please call and say Harbaugh has 6 playoff wins since 2010 and Tomlin has 3.
So sick of the local media sucking up to Bylsma , I mean Tomlin.

Or mention that Mike Tomlin has had Ben, AB, Bell and recently JuJu to work with while Harbaugh has had Flacco and Jeremy Maclin

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Or mention that Mike Tomlin has had Ben, AB, Bell and recently JuJu to work with while Harbaugh has had Flacco and Jeremy Maclin
I agree Harbaugh is a way better coach, but to be fair and to avoid further frustration (and trust me, we are still warranted in being frustrated), we need to acknowledge that while the Steelers have had the superior talent on offense, the Ravens have had superior talent on both D AND special teams.

And, as I said above, and bears repeating, Harbaugh is a better coach.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i would guess that Tomlin survives his remaining contract term. the Steelers don't seem to have a problem with the way he runs the team.

maaaaaaybe Butler will get fired, maybe the special teams coordinator too, but that's it.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad