The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Years of respect and now the steelers have turned into a joke on and off the field. Hard to watch this team anymore.

Thats what happens when you get players as good as Brown and Bell are, who arent high character guys.

Steelers have been realizing that and have been drafting accordingly. Watt, Juju, and Conner are all high character and we wont have problems with them once they become stars of this team for years. They wont let it get to their heads. This past draft with Washington, another high character player ...quiet, says the right things when asked. Really hope he pans out. Also think thats a big reason they reached on Edmunds...another HC guy. Seeing a trend here. Steelers saw this coming. And have been preparing for it thru the draft. Even Rudolph , whether he is good enough to be our next franchise QB remains to be seen but he wont cause any drama.

Bryant was causing issues. Then Bell. Now Brown. Our 3 best players on offense outside of Ben. May be best to move on from Brown now and be done with all of the drama. If we can get Murphy/Baker and Sweat/Wilson in the draft by moving Brown Im all for it. Washington will get over 100 targets and will be fine imo. Can also draft another WR(which we are great at) or sign one in FA.

Ben throwing to Juju, Washington, McDonald, Conner, and the new #3 WR, etc would be fine. Adding CB Baker/Murphy to take over for Sensabaugh day 1 and Montez Sweat across from Watt or Mack Wilson at the Mack ILB would put this D over the top in one draft. Then we could use our 2nd or 3rd on a WR or TE. Plenty available.

And best of all...no more drama from players.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
if he goes, its for at least a 1st rd or equivalent value
Well I’m sorry to say that if Rooney and the boys think that, they will be disappointed.

Between AB’s age and his attitude issues, both on and off the field, his value is down. He’s never won a SB with this team so he isn’t some keystone piece that some team has to have to win it all.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It's becoming pretty standard in the league. I feel like he got a lot of **** for not actually hiring someone for clock management and challenges. Now he's getting **** for hiring someone?

Oh and calling him Shaft is pretty racist
I highly doubt there are many coaches in the league that need someone to tell them when to call a timeout.

He doesn’t call any plays but he is too dumb to read a digital clock?????

Will he ask Keith Butler to make his nonsensical post game comments on Tomlin’s behalf next year? Maybe hire someone to stand on the sidelines for him so he can coach from his house???

Last edited:

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Well I’m sorry to say that if Rooney and the boys think that, they will be disappointed.

Between AB’s age and his attitude issues, both on and off the field, his value is down. He’s never won a SB with this team so he isn’t some keystone piece that some team has to have to win it all.
Yeah having literally the best wide receiver in football and one of the greatest ever on your team isn't having a cornerstone piece.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’m glad to see that our incompetent owner finally met with the media.

Please sell the team, pleeeeeaaaassssseeeeee.

It will be hysterical if they keep Brown and make no other changes.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I hope they interview Kevin Greene for LBers coach...

Seen an article saying they should since his 1 yr deal with the NYJ is up.

But I wont get my Hope's up.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hope they interview Kevin Greene for LBers coach...

Seen an article saying they should since his 1 yr deal with the NYJ is up.

But I wont get my Hope's up.

Actually, if they really wanted to run a defense, they would move Butler back to LB coach and hire Gregg Williams...

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Thats what happens when you get players as good as Brown and Bell are, who arent high character guys.

Steelers have been realizing that and have been drafting accordingly. Watt, Juju, and Conner are all high character and we wont have problems with them once they become stars of this team for years. They wont let it get to their heads. This past draft with Washington, another high character player ...quiet, says the right things when asked. Really hope he pans out. Also think thats a big reason they reached on Edmunds...another HC guy. Seeing a trend here. Steelers saw this coming. And have been preparing for it thru the draft. Even Rudolph , whether he is good enough to be our next franchise QB remains to be seen but he wont cause any drama.

Bryant was causing issues. Then Bell. Now Brown. Our 3 best players on offense outside of Ben. May be best to move on from Brown now and be done with all of the drama. If we can get Murphy/Baker and Sweat/Wilson in the draft by moving Brown Im all for it. Washington will get over 100 targets and will be fine imo. Can also draft another WR(which we are great at) or sign one in FA.

Ben throwing to Juju, Washington, McDonald, Conner, and the new #3 WR, etc would be fine. Adding CB Baker/Murphy to take over for Sensabaugh day 1 and Montez Sweat across from Watt or Mack Wilson at the Mack ILB would put this D over the top in one draft. Then we could use our 2nd or 3rd on a WR or TE. Plenty available.

And best of all...no more drama from players.

I just want to be on record saying I don't fully trust Conner. I'm sorry but anybody who grew up right outside Pittsburgh and was a Cowboys fan. Cannot be trusted. I don't really trust Watt either. He showed a lot more passion this year but his 1st year seemed like he didn't want to be here.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Watt built a house here. Where the f*** is this arm chair psychology shit coming from? Lol

Remember that Malkin still wants out too.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I just want to be on record saying I don't fully trust Conner. I'm sorry but anybody who grew up right outside Pittsburgh and was a Cowboys fan. Cannot be trusted. I don't really trust Watt either. He showed a lot more passion this year but his 1st year seemed like he didn't want to be here.
So Conner wants to leave because he grew up a fan of a different team, and Watt wants to leave because...he told you?

What else do you know that no one does?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Everybody getting butthurt over my read of Conner and Watt lol it's just my opinion. Effects you none.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
If they can draft well (assuming they get a high pick for Brown) and sign a couple solid FAs (veteran WR to play #2 behind Juju, fill other gaps on D), does anyone else think this team can still be a contender next year assuming those 2 things happen? Less drama, more focus hopefully. If those things happen I could seriously see them having the ability to at least be a playoff contender. Assuming Tomlin doesn't outdo himself from this year.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
There is no way that I trade Brown. This isn't the Bell situation at all. There is a contract in place, he is not sitting out. Make him play, work it out.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
So Conner wants to leave because he grew up a fan of a different team, and Watt wants to leave because...he told you?

What else do you know that no one does?
People that grew up in Erie are usually either Browns, Bills or Cowboys fans. I know several, haha.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

giphy.gif

Reactions: KIRK and td_ice

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
have you been to erie? it doesnt feel like a part of pittsburgh AT ALL
I live just south of Erie and work there everyday. There is quite a mixture of fans around here, that’s for sure. Majority Steelers but plenty of Browns and Bills followed by Cowboys and Raiders for whatever reason...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

This is what some seem to ignore when thinking Brown would never be able to return a first. All about demand. I said if theres a bidding war we could get a great return. And why wouldn't there be for Brown? Some just look at his age and what he did this year off the field and compare him to other WRs who were traded. Failing to realize hes one of the best WRs ever and still at/near the top of his game. Hes not the normal 30 year old WR. Just had 15 TDs. Over 100 catches and 1300 yards " with" Juju putting up the numbers he did. And while being double and triple teamed at times.

Cant just look at what others get and say " no way will Brown return a first lol".

Reactions: zero8771 and TNT87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad