The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I think if many teams feel they will have no problem reigning AB in, that is a reflection on what they feel about Tomlin, and his perceived lack of discipline with the Steelers, vis-a-vis their staff.

Which, if true, plays in our favor. For once haha.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I think if many teams feel they will have no problem reigning AB in, that is a reflection on what they feel about Tomlin, and his perceived lack of discipline with the Steelers, vis-a-vis their staff.

Or just the Steelers situation in general right now. I think most realize its a rare thing for our franchise(and any franchise) and just spiraled out of control for the time being. Steelers will sort all of this out. Like I said before we had 2 of the best players in the league. Unfortunately Bell is an idiot and cared more about other RBs around the league than his own team. AB does care about winning...or else he would have had no prob playing in the Bengals game and padding his stats. I have no prob with him being pissed off with how the season went.

During the trade deadline he was lobbying guys to join our team. Does that sound like someone who doesnt care about winning.

Whole thing is being blown out of proportion and its all because of the Bell situation. We had to deal with that drama all year...and now anything that happpens will be taken more serious than it really is until it all dies down.

Meaning until Bell is officially gone and we start next season.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Tomlin is an enabler and created this toxic culture.

However, I believe Brown has mental issues like TO and will turn on any franchise that doesn’t worship at the altar he built for himself.

I’m just happy as hell this org will be rid of the two players I’ve despised so much for quite some time. If other teams want to give up significant value, which still would shock me, even better.

Reactions: KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Former Bengals DC Terryl Austin hired as senior defensive assistant/secondary.

Most laughing at this of course but this is a downgrade for him and thats worked out for plenty. He has less responsibility while having the experience as a DC now. Yeah the Bengals D suffered last season but had a ton of injuries.

We'll see how this goes. Not one to judge right off the bat like we are seeing on twitter right now with thousands of comments laughing at it.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
And latest news...Brown deletes Steelers from his social media. Lol Bell all over again. 49ers players lobbying for him and he says hed like to go there. Id take their 34th overall pick and next years first.

And Denver trying to take advantage of our current turmoil and talking to Munchak again...to be their Oline coach. Good Lord. If he accepts that...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
And latest news...Brown deletes Steelers from his social media. Lol Bell all over again. 49ers players lobbying for him and he says hed like to go there. Id take their 34th overall pick and next years first.

And Denver trying to take advantage of our current turmoil and talking to Munchak again...to be their Oline coach. Good Lord. If he accepts that...

They all smell a sinking ship with Tomlin...if Art had just done the right thing and fired Tomlin, he would have saved all this drama...

Reactions: Pens x

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

I just read that about Munchak the Steelers better give him the role of assistant HC or something along with Oline coach and pay him accordingly.

I really would rather not lose our best coach...

But that would be a hit to Tomlins ego... so I'm sure we will lose him.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
You have to keep the head coach it's the steeler way. Even when he's totally incompetent. What a pathetic shit show Art2 has turned this team into. He takes all the blame now as far as i'm concerned.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Actually, if they really wanted to run a defense, they would move Butler back to LB coach and hire Gregg Williams...

Ya But Clueless Keith had a very productive end of season interview.

So hes obviously staying. The mediocrity continues.

Meanwhile we are gonna let Munchak walk without a fight most likely.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
They all smell a sinking ship with Tomlin...if Art had just done the right thing and fired Tomlin, he would have saved all this drama...

I dislike Tomlin as much as anyone but I dont get how he could have avoided these situations with Bell and Brown. First he didnt want to punish to ruin the relationships...then he does and it spiraled out of control. This is on them IMO.

Bell wanted to get paid no matter who the coach is. Brown is mad because of Juju. How can that be avoided with a new coach?

Even tho we should def have a new one lol.

But it may be time to be done with Brown as well as Bell. If we could get their 34th overall and next years first(again there is a bidding war) im all for it. Especially in this draft. 34th overall would basically be like having a mid 20s pick in previous drafts. Just as long as there are no more Edmunds brothers or sisters...we should be able to land a ILB like Devin Bush to go with who we select at 20(hopefully Baker or Murphy). We just fixed CB and ILB and get to root against the 49ers next year who could possibly end up one of the 10-15 worst teams in the league. Sign me up

Draft right and it puts us over the top and done with all of the drama.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I dislike Tomlin as much as anyone but I dont get how he could have avoided these situations with Bell and Brown. First he didnt want to punish to ruin the relationships...then he does and it spiraled out of control. This is on them IMO.

Bell wanted to get paid no matter who the coach is. Brown is mad because of Juju. How can that be avoided with a new coach?

Even tho we should def have a new one lol.

But it may be time to be done with Brown as well as Bell. If we could get their 34th overall and next years first(again there is a bidding war) im all for it. Especially in this draft. 34th overall would basically be like having a mid 20s pick in previous drafts. Just as long as there are no more Edmunds brothers or sisters...we should be able to land a ILB like Devin Bush to go with who we select at 20(hopefully Baker or Murphy). We just fixed CB and ILB and get to root against the 49ers next year who could possibly end up one of the 10-15 worst teams in the league. Sign me up

Draft right and it puts us over the top and done with all of the drama.

I've been looking, and honestly there is likely no way we can land that unless we get a top 15 this yr.

Mack Wilsom will probably be the last decent ILB and he will be gone before 34 unless he has a shit combine. So will Sweat, Polite at OLB. (If we take one of the CBs at 20)

If we were to settle for pick 34 and 2020s 1st...

I'm trading either pick 34 or our 2nd along with pick 20 to trade up to try to either get White or Greedy.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I just read that about Munchak the Steelers better give him the role of assistant HC or something along with Oline coach and pay him accordingly.

I really would rather not lose our best coach...

But that would be a hit to Tomlins ego... so I'm sure we will lose him.
But can he read a digital clock and advise dumb f*** when to call timeout??? That’s the first requirement of any new coach.

Reactions: USMC607

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Ya But Clueless Keith had a very productive end of season interview.

So hes obviously staying. The mediocrity continues.

Meanwhile we are gonna let Munchak walk without a fight most likely.
Munchak actually knows how to read and that is a big no-no for coaches employed by the Pittsburgh Steelers under Artie Rooney II.

Reactions: USMC607

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So how does the crop of flankers look for this year’s draft? FA?

Ideally they land a speedster and let him open up the middle for McDonald and JuJu.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009

Ideally they land a speedster and let him open up the middle for McDonald and JuJu.

Desean Jackson wanted his release but that was before the Arians hire.

Don't know now.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

Not really great.

Parris Campbell 1-2ND
Deebo Samuel 1-2ND
Marquise Brown 1-3RD
Kelvin Harmon 2-3RD
Riley Ridley 2-4TH
K.J. Hill 3-4TH

Throw some sleepers in there.

But if we do end up trading Brown I see a WR getting taking in rounds 2 or 3.

Honestly though love Campbell but he has drop issues.

Like Deebo but injury issues.

Dont think we will take ABs cousin.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012

No its a very common thought when observing how someone else failed. "I'll do it better". It's played out a bunch in the NFL too with diva receivers

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Not really great.

Parris Campbell 1-2ND
Deebo Samuel 1-2ND
Marquise Brown 1-3RD
Kelvin Harmon 2-3RD
Riley Ridley 2-4TH
K.J. Hill 3-4TH

Isn’t Fitz a FA this year?

I can imagine all the Yinzers calling for the Stillers to sign him and bring him “home”.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
KJ Hill is staying in school.

As far as OSU WRs go, I'd take McLaurin in the 4th. Replacement/upgrade of DHB with #2 potential.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Not really great.

Parris Campbell 1-2ND
Deebo Samuel 1-2ND
Marquise Brown 1-3RD
Kelvin Harmon 2-3RD
Riley Ridley 2-4TH
K.J. Hill 3-4TH

Also missing the two Ole Miss WRs who are currently projected to go first/ second round in AJ Brown and DJ Metcalf.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
You have to keep the head coach it's the steeler way. Even when he's totally incompetent. What a pathetic **** show Art2 has turned this team into. He takes all the blame now as far as i'm concerned.

Art II is 66. He grew up with "the Steeler way" and he's probably just never going to deviate from that. This whole loyalty above accountability thing with the coaches won't change until at least the next generation of Rooneys who weren't around in the 70's take over. Even that is no guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad