The Pittsburgher Thread: Want Negativity? Stop and say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Isn’t Fitz a FA this year?

I can imagine all the Yinzers calling for the Stillers to sign him and bring him “home”.

Lmao actually steelers 24/7 site had a perfect moves list of things we should do and they did say to sign Fitz to help replace AB.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Also missing the two Ole Miss WRs who are currently projected to go first/ second round in AJ Brown and DJ Metcalf.

I seen them but AJ Brown at the moment is supposedly the #1 WR so I see him going mid 1st round.

And DJ needs to be cleared since he went out after week 7 with a neck injury. Plus his speed might see his stock drop.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Lmao actually steelers 24/7 site had a perfect moves list of things we should do and they did say to sign Fitz to help replace AB.

Of course they did.

The FA class is pretty ass though. The most interesting guys to me have off field issues (Benjamin, Anderson) and Anderson I believe is a RFA anyway so Jets will tab him probably.

Golden Tate is kind of interesting, but he’s also getting older and a prototypical possession guy.

John Brown is really the guy I’d like to see them target. He had that breakout year in Arz, then got his career derailed with sickle cell, then went to the Ravens on a one year deal. He was doing well until the offense went into ground mode for Jackson, but he’s an explosive guy that could come cheap and thrive as their deep threat.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Of course they did.

The FA class is pretty ass though. The most interesting guys to me have off field issues (Benjamin, Anderson) and Anderson I believe is a RFA anyway so Jets will tab him probably.

Golden Tate is kind of interesting, but he’s also getting older and a prototypical possession guy.

John Brown is really the guy I’d like to see them target. He had that breakout year in Arz, then got his career derailed with sickle cell, then went to the Ravens on a one year deal. He was doing well until the offense went into ground mode for Jackson, but he’s an explosive guy that could come cheap and thrive as their deep threat.

Oh yes their breakdown was literally best case scenario. It was actually hilarious to me how someone could write that and truly think even SOME of the stuff they wrote could happen let alone all of it. Although they do say it's a DREAM SCENERIO

I could get down with JBrown. If AB does leave we will need someone will speed to take the top off of defenses. It would compliment JuJu and let Washington/Switzer be the slot guys.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Of course they did.

Here It is in all its glory...

The Steelers' dream 2019 offseason

I enjoy trading AB for Peterson or Ramsey
And
Signing Mosley and Fitzgerald

Honestly about the only real realistic thing besides extending Ben and Pouncey is Drafting Paris Campbell with our 2nd round pick, and drafting Mack Wilson in the 1st.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Here It is in all its glory...

The Steelers' dream 2019 offseason

I enjoy trading AB for Peterson or Ramsey
And
Signing Mosley and Fitzgerald

Honestly about the only real realistic thing besides extending Ben and Pouncey is Drafting Paris Campbell with our 2nd round pick, and drafting Mack Wilson in the 1st.

Can’t see Mosley walking from the Ravens, and if he does, it’s more of the same shit... he blows in coverage.

I have to look at the UFA list, but I’m not sure if there are any other good ILB worth pursuing. They need help at OLB to though, not sure who’s available there, but they should probably cut their losses with Dupree.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Can’t see Mosley walking from the Ravens, and if he does, it’s more of the same ****... he blows in coverage.

I have to look at the UFA list, but I’m not sure if there are any other good ILB worth pursuing. They need help at OLB to though, not sure who’s available there, but they should probably cut their losses with Dupree.

I've looked there isnt. Also ya I agree with CJ. I just said I enjoy those because of the humor I find in them.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I've looked there isnt. Also ya I agree with CJ. I just said I enjoy those because of the humor I find in them.

Kind of annoying the Steelers finally have money to chase a big fish in FA and there is no one worth pursuing.

Reactions: KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
James Washington was barely targeted and when he was he made some nice...contested catches. Yeah him and Ben could not get on the same page when running deep routes but he made nice catches over the middle with guys all over him...few towards the sideline.

Now imagine if he was targeted close to 100 times. I think he would excel as a #2. Not to mention the exact type of attitude we want in a player. Humble..great character. Works hard. Ben callee him out all year and he took it in stride.

Maybe others are but im not worried about him at all. Maybe hes not that deep threat like he was in college(NFL having that safey over the top unlike in the Big 12) but he can be another WR that does it all. Constested catches for first downs...etc. I can only see him getting Better. Not like he had a prob with drops like Sweed. We had so many options this year he barely saw the ball his way. Hard to get into a groove when that's the case.

Juju as our #1. Washington as our #2. Add a vet WR for the #3. Someone with size AND experience. Actually wouldnt mind Fitz at all.

Or we could just draft another talented TE to go with McDonald( i see James leaving). Theres plenty available. Or both.

Anyway I think we would be fine on offense. Yes losing a talent like Brown hurts( as well as Bell and Bryant in this short of a period) but theres also less drama. Ben no longer has to worry about pleasing Brown. It could actually make our offense more efficient.

Ben had 16 INTs...what was it...80% of those throwing Browns way?

Also we have no prob drafting WRs. If we can get a first round pick for Brown and add another player for the defense...and we get both CB Byron Murphy and ILB Devin Bush Michigan(if you dont know about him..read up...hes gonna be great)...sign me up

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I love AB the WR. Despise the human. This sucks for me, TBH. In no world is it a good thing to lose arguably the best WR in football.

Reactions: Andy99

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

I'm sure there will be more teams interested by the combine. But only taking the teams talked about into account.

I wouldnt want anything to do with the Saints they gave up their 1st this yr and their 2nd is super late, and they really have no players I'm interested in to make up for that.

Seahawks, Colts Philly are worst case scenarios in my book if no other team in the top 15 wants him. Because they all have late 1sts but I guess beggars cant be choosers in the situation.

It would come down to San Fran and Green Bay. Both NFC teams But with good to great spots in the 1st round.

I doubt San Fran gives up their #2OV for AB. But maybe AB and our pick at 20 for their #2OV and pick 34? I'm not good at trade proposals so dont slam me. Just throwing that out as reference. But...

Like I said doubt it... but with our window closing fast and closed once ben retires I really dont want 2020 picks.

Out of those I would try to pry Both GBs firsts for AB... since the pick they got from NOs is most likely gonna be 26-32.

If they wont do it for just AB maybe throw in our 3rd or 2nd.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Theres some FAs available that can help. We arent going to get top guys like Clowney/Ford but there are others. If we didnt have Bell lying to the team for example we could have gone after ILB Avery Williamson and/or Demario Davis for example. Those are the types they should be looking at this FA.

OLB Preston Smith is available. 26 years old and has done well with the Skins(former 2nd rounder in 2015).

Preston Smith Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

CB Kareem Jackson Texans. 30 years old but still producing at a high level. Former 20th overall pick.

Kareem Jackson Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

CB's Ronald Darby and Bryce Callahan. Darby coming off an injury and could be had for cheaper. Callahan(Bears) had a great year and would cost alot. Along with Safety Adrian Amos from the Bears.

OLB Shaq Barrett Broncos could be had for cheap. Didnt start last year. Could be a cheap pick up.

Tyron Matthieu could decide to sign. Golden Tate. Anthony Barr would be a solid pickup and hes coming off a supbar year so could be had for cheaper.

And as for ILB....Jordon Hicks Philly. That's who I want the most. Philly has to re-sign Brandon Graham...Darby...Hicks...Tate...etc. They cant keep them all.

Anyway there are guys available who would be great additions. Have to look at teams who have to sign multiple players and cant fit them under the cap so decide to move on. We saw that with Demario Davis and Avery Williamson.

Get one or two of those guys above and have a solid draft(again Im not worried about this one since its so deep) and we will be fine.

The drama will be gone by then if we do trade Brown. Watt was interviewed..and the exaxt type we need and expected from him. " I dont care about all this stuff off the field I just want to win". Keep adding players like him.

Lets say we trade Brown for the 49ers 34th overall and next years first...which is totally possible.

1- CB Byron Murphy
2- ILB Devin Bush
2- OLB Chase Winovich

Then in rounds 3 and beyond we focus on offense. Grab another 3rd round WR or TE? Lineman? We all know we cant draft DBs past round 1(or even round 1 since Troy lol) so why bother? Just keep improving the offense so theres no dropoff. Adding those 3 D guys in the first 2 rounds would be more than enough, along with who we sign in FA.

And yes we still have the problem of Tomlin being coach. But if all goes well...all that talent we have would make us a contender. Yeah we had Brown, Bell, and Bryant...but the drama was too much to overcome. The guys I listed and the ones weve already drafted lately( Watt, Juju, Conner, Washington, Samuels, etc) are all high character guys.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Just call a 'horse collar' tackle a 'collar' tackle. There are no f***ing horses playing football.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
The Colts look like they took lessons from the Steelers at halftime in terms of making adjustments. Same defense as the first half that was getting torched

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Good lord the Colts are bad...this game is so boring I’ve only watched little bits of it...I have more interest in working on a Saturday than I do watching this game...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad