GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Tomlin takes 1 quarter to embarrass us

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
How the hell are you 'surprised' by AB being accused of doing some crazy stupid stuff?

Please. The Patriots would've signed Brown regardless. And frankly, unless there's a real smoking gun out there, I expect Goodell to let Brown play. And I expect the Patriots to use the same 'won't do anything until proven guilty' thing they're doing with Cokehead Chung.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Please. The Patriots would've signed Brown regardless. And frankly, unless there's a real smoking gun out there, I expect Goodell to let Brown play. And I expect the Patriots to use the same 'won't do anything until proven guilty' thing they're doing with Cokehead Chung.

I already said the same. Here is there CYA Patriot'sspeak way of saying nothing and setting up just what you said above and several of us said earlier in the thread. It is as sure as the sun rising tomorrow.

Hell, Brown is not even the worst human being that they employed in a long line of deplorable excuses. However bad Brown is, the guy who murdered two people has to take the prize.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I already said the same. Here is there CYA Patriot'sspeak way of saying nothing and setting up just what you said above and several of us said earlier in the thread. It is as sure as the sun rising tomorrow.

Yep, I saw that. And, you know what comes next. Unless there's a smoking gun, Goodell won't do a damn thing. And Brown will play until that smoking gun emerges. Until then, he's innocent, and that's Goodell's (and the Pats') out.

The only wildcard is how hot it becomes in the interim. If this thing takes on a life of its own in public, all bets are off.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Funny thing is I am going away for a week on Saturday to ..... Wait for it .... Boston. After that last game I dreaded how insufferable they were going to be hearing that we were from Pittsburgh. Now they might think twice.

Not because of AB alone. But because he symbolizes the long list of borderline choices that organization makes. Whenever people mention New England it is 'great team, but...... '.

Brown is right in that wheel house and is a microcosm of what is wrong with that team. Supremely talented, and yet just as slimy as he, and they, are talented.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I dunno, why did she agree to train him again after he allegedly was inappropriate? AB is a scum bag, and probably deserves this, but her story remains shaky at best. Why would you invite him out with friends if he really did try stuff in the past?
They were friends and she brushed it off as him just being an idiot and she had a job to do. It clearly escalated as he felt he could do more and more to her. It seems like you're victim shaming a little bud. That's kind of f***ed up.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
If being a clown of the highest order to get a team to cut you and now these allegations isn't considered behavior detrimental to the league, what exactly is?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
They were friends and she brushed it off as him just being an idiot and she had a job to do. It clearly escalated as he felt he could do more and more to her. It seems like you're victim shaming a little bud. That's kind of ****ed up.
I’m not shaming her but she seems question.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
While the league has not responded to a request for comment from PFT, the team’s statement makes it clear that the NFL will exercise its prerogative to explore the matter. Because no criminal investigation is pending, the league need not wait to investigate. Because the plaintiff in the lawsuit, Britney Taylor, has expressed a willingness to cooperate with the NFL, the league should face no obstacles, given its inability to subpoena non-employees of the league or its teams.

Depending on the information obtained, Brown could be placed on the Commissioner-Exempt list while the investigation proceeds. He also could be disciplined by the league even in the absence of an arrest or conviction.

NFL to investigate Antonio Brown sexual assault and rape lawsuit

And here is the accuser's side of the story for those who questioned the timing, etc:

Britney Taylor: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
Funny thing is I am going away for a week on Saturday to ..... Wait for it .... Boston. After that last game I dreaded how insufferable they were going to be hearing that we were from Pittsburgh. Now they might think twice.

Prepare to be tortured as I have been for the last 2 days. Mindset up here is that that they don't need the guy, no risk all reward, if bill doesn't like him, cut bait and next man up...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Prepare to be tortured as I have been for the last 2 days. Mindset up here is that that they don't need the guy, no risk all reward, if bill doesn't like him, cut bait and next man up...

I don't care. I love history, and good food. Boston was a natural place to visit and the rest I can deal with.

Maybe someone can recommend a good seafood place there.

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
I don't care. I love history, and good food. Boston was a natural place to visit and the rest I can deal with.

Maybe someone can recommend a good seafood place there.
If you are anywhere near the North End, must try to get into Giacomo's (no reservations, prepare for wait in line), back up is the Daily Catch, both on Hanover Street. If pinched for time, can't go wrong with Legal Seafoods, try to go to Seaport location with outdoor harbor views, good luck!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If you are anywhere near the North End, must try to get into Giacomo's (no reservations, prepare for wait in line), back up is the Daily Catch, both on Hanover Street. If pinched for time, can't go wrong with Legal Seafoods, try to go to Seaport location with outdoor harbor views, good luck!

We have reservations at both legal seafoods harbor and long pier. We are staying at the seaport hotel so the one is blocks away.

Will look into Giacomo's.

Last edited:

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
AB is a complete clown but even clowns are innocent until proven guilty. This is still America.

And really, it does strike me as very suspicious that this is only a civil lawsuit. This only allegedly happened last year, and we are talking about full blown rape, right? The Pittsburgh police department should be involved - but they aren't. At least nothing that I've seen says they are...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
AB is a complete clown but even clowns are innocent until proven guilty. This is still America.

And really, it does strike me as very suspicious that this is only a civil lawsuit. This only allegedly happened last year. The Pittsburgh police department should be involved - but they aren't. At least nothing that I've seen says they are...

Why are people saying that it is a civil only lawsuit?

I have zero doubts that the police not only are interested, but are investigating. The district attorney will choose to bring a suit, or not, when the investigation is completed. Once a person is charged formally then deadlines begin to protect the rights of the accused. No DA is going to blow their case by prematurely charging unless the statute of limitations is nearing.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Why are people saying that it is a civil only lawsuit?

I have zero doubts that the police not only are interested, but are investigating. The district attorney will choose to bring a suit, or not, when the investigation is completed. Once a person is charged formally then deadlines begin to protect the rights of the accused. No DA is going to blow their case by prematurely charging unless the statute of limitations is nearing.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27589799

In the civil lawsuit, a copy of which was reviewed by ESPN, Brown's former trainer, Britney Taylor, accuses the newly signed New England Patriots receiver of sexually assaulting her on three separate occasions in 2017 and '18.

The alleged incidents have left Taylor suffering "near-daily panic attacks and suicidal ideations," per the lawsuit. She is seeking in excess of $75,000.

Doesn't say criminal. She didn't contact the police... she filed a civil lawsuit seeking money. Why do that? I'm genuinely asking

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Doesn't say criminal. She didn't contact the police... she filed a civil lawsuit seeking money. Why do that? I'm genuinely asking.

As an attorney, I can tell you that many women are embarrassed, fearful of losing jobs, going public or not being believed at the time an assault takes place,particularly if it’s one person’s word against another. Once she waits many months to get up the courage, her credibility to secure the DA a conviction is shot. If she changes her mind a year later, it’s too late for criminal prosecution where’d they’d need to obtain rape kits, dna evidence etc. This is her next legal option...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

The alleged incidents have left Taylor suffering "near-daily panic attacks and suicidal ideations," per the lawsuit. She is seeking in excess of $75,000.

They are two completely separate tracks, not dependent on each other. They work on different time tables, have differing rules, even differing ways of determining outcome. Civil is a preponderance of the evidence, just over 50/50, where criminal is beyond a reasonable doubt. Much higher bar.

The point is that assuming that the police and DA are not investigating is erroneous. It may be true though I doubt it. In any event the alleged victim has zero control over the DA or police choices. Only whether to bring a civil law suit.

Your assumption questioning her motives because of something that she has no control over, the DA's time frame, is certainly a illogical assumption.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Is that correct that she's only seeking 75 k? That seems awfully low.

I'm going to cease any kidding around on this, in case she is for real.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I would love to see AB kicked out of the league but I hope this isn't true. Rape is horrible and obviously innocent until proven guilty.

Besides, he'll play next week. Did Chung play this week?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
They were friends and she brushed it off as him just being an idiot and she had a job to do. It clearly escalated as he felt he could do more and more to her. It seems like you're victim shaming a little bud. That's kind of ****ed up.

And she passed the polygraph. Always said in these cases...they should start off with taking that to prove its not a false accusation. Of course more proof is needed but that gets rid of alot of the doubt ....with most assuming its a lie when they first hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad