GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Tomlin takes 1 quarter to embarrass us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The thing is that we all know how this all will play out.

Brown will be suspended.

AFTER he plays out the entire year with New England.

I could bet most of what I own on it. There is one standard for New England and it's players and management and the opposite standard for everyone else.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Definitely not the comeback story i was expecting.
alU5JHZ.gif

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
man, i think the timing is suspicious, but if this is true, he shouldn't be allowed to play again.

knowing Goodell and how tight he is with Kraft, i don't expect any punishment no matter the result.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
How long did Ben get suspended for his stuff?
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was suspended Wednesday for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, the league announced.

Commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5121614

This was BEFORE the #metoo movement. And there were no incriminating mostly incoherent text messages in this case.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I dunno, why did she agree to train him again after he allegedly was inappropriate? AB is a scum bag, and probably deserves this, but her story remains shaky at best. Why would you invite him out with friends if he really did try stuff in the past?

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I dunno, why did she agree to train him again after he allegedly was inappropriate? AB is a scum bag, and probably deserves this, but her story remains shaky at best. Why would you invite him out with friends if he really did try stuff in the past?

From her allegations it escalated. The actual rape was the final encounter.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
His lawyers have a pretty good chance of arguing that he is mentally unfit to face legal proceedings. They have a lot of evidence to back that up.

Depending on the evidence, it could be all they've got.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The thing is that we all know how this all will play out.

Brown will be suspended.

AFTER he plays out the entire year with New England.

I could bet most of what I own on it. There is one standard for New England and it's players and management and the opposite standard for everyone else.
Coke head Chung will be out there all year baby!

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
man, i think the timing is suspicious, but if this is true, he shouldn't be allowed to play again.

knowing Goodell and how tight he is with Kraft, i don't expect any punishment no matter the result.

Goodell won't do anything on this until it moves beyond one person's word against another.

Reactions: domaug and Andy99

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Just guessing but if the girl does have legit proof. He settles out if court and because he is a patriot he gets no suspension or a 4 game next yr.

Reactions: domaug

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Don’t get sucked into this shit. More than likely it’s just more mind games from the Pats...

Everyone once again gets all excited that the piece of shit AB is gonna get his comeuppance and then it will all magically go away and leave everyone even MORE pissed off at New England and they’ll all just lean back and laugh their asses off in Foxboro.

Kraft will call AB to his office and explain to him that you pay someone else for the tug, not do it yourself, and make sure there is no record of it, and if there is, use your money and influence to make it go away.

Face it, AB will be out there in Sunday, carving up the Phins like a thanksgiving turkey and smiling ear to ear. Hell, the Pats might hang a 100 burger on Miami and AB have 5 TDs. Business will be boomin and meanwhile, we will all be sitting around wondering what shit is going to come out of Mikey’s mouth after the Seattle game.

“Needed to defend more blades of grass. Needed to get a hat on a hat. We didn’t live in our fears. Needed to be ready to play stadium football. We own it and accept it, but we won’t let it define us. Not enough iron sharpening iron, obviously. Needed to approach it differently schematically, obviously. Need to evaluate the division of labor.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->