GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Pacific Coast Standard is the Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Another double standard for Belichick, cool.

Yeah, we should treat geniuses the same as morons in hiring. Does he cheat? Sure. Does that diminish the fact that he is the best coach of this generation or perhaps all time. No.

It is not a double standard to want to replace stupidity with talent.

Reactions: John Titor

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Yeah, we should treat geniuses the same as morons in hiring. Does he cheat? Sure. Does that diminish the fact that he is the best coach of this generation or perhaps all time. No.

It is not a double standard to want to replace stupidity with talent.

giphy.gif

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Our OC throwing our young QB, in his first start, under the bus.........

“I don’t know if it was conservative. We put ourselves in position,” Fichtner said. “We had some opportunities for some throws and even for some shots. If you don’t connect or throw them, it never materializes.
“We were able to go down the field early. You’ve got to throw them. You’ve got to attempt to throw it there.”

The Steelers are a DUMPSTER FIRE

Reactions: KIRK

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

“I don’t know if it was conservative. We put ourselves in position,” Fichtner said. “We had some opportunities for some throws and even for some shots. If you don’t connect or throw them, it never materializes.
“We were able to go down the field early. You’ve got to throw them. You’ve got to attempt to throw it there.”

That's sad to see
If anyone should have been called out, it was the entire Oline

Maybe if they would have blocked for more than 2 seconds he you know, may have been able to make the throws

Rudolph was the lone bright spot for me on offense

Reactions: KIRK and John Titor

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Heyward - 1st round.
Hargrave - 3rd round
Tuit - 2nd round
Watt - 1st round
Bush - 1st round
Barron - 1st round
Dupree - 1st round
Nelson - 3rd round
Haden - 1st round
Edmunds - 1st round
Minka - 1st round

Alualu- 1st round
Burns - 1st round
Davis - 3nd round
Sutton- 3rd round
Layne - 3rd round

Wonder what a Wade Phillips or Greg Williams would do with that ...

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Heyward - 1st round.
Hargrave - 3rd round
Tuit - 2nd round
Watt - 1st round
Bush - 1st round
Barron - 1st round
Dupree - 1st round
Nelson - 3rd round
Haden - 1st round
Edmunds - 1st round
Minka - 1st round

Alualu- 1st round
Burns - 1st round
Davis - 3nd round
Sutton- 3rd round
Layne - 3rd round

Wonder what a Wade Phillips or Greg Williams would do with that ...

How about Bill Cowher?

Reactions: KIRK

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017

DUMPSTER FIRE

Reactions: John Titor

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Wish the Steelers would’ve drafted Miles Sanders. Miles (no pun intended) better than Conner.
Glad people see beyond the fact I’m a clear Penn St guy and agree anyway ;)

Speaking of which, might be an interesting game tonight, though Maryland surely has to cringe seeing “Penn State” on the schedule given how the last few years have gone.

Reactions: tread102 and domaug

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I got a tough one this weekend.

Fantasy Football.

John Ross vs Nelson/Haden

DJ Chark vs Harris

E. Sanders vs Ramsey/Boye

I need to start 2...

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

Thought this was a pretty great breakdown of Rudolph’s first start. This guy’s channel has really great film analysis videos.

Reactions: DanielPlainview

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Throwing your Rookie QB under the bus in the media is not player development so maybe this partly proves what I have been saying the last 2 years that it doesn't matter WHO we draft, this organization does not help develop or teach its young players very well. 8 first rounders on D and they all look confused as **** game in and game out

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Fichtner is a f***in loser. He really is.

How in the f*** do you think throwing your young QB under the bus is a good idea right now? How? Dude realizes his seat is hot and he's trying to deflect blame. What a f***in bum.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Fichtner is a ****in loser. He really is.

How in the **** do you think throwing your young QB under the bus is a good idea right now? How? Dude realizes his seat is hot and he's trying to deflect blame. What a ****in bum.

Simple, he only has a job because of Ben. Pissing off Ben is a quick way to getting fired. He might be able to get 1-2 more years out this gig with Ben. If Mason is the QB next year and on, he's out a job.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Fichtner is a ****in loser. He really is.

How in the **** do you think throwing your young QB under the bus is a good idea right now? How? Dude realizes his seat is hot and he's trying to deflect blame. What a ****in bum.

Yep. This is exactly why I said I have little hope in Rudolph doing anything here. You need good coaching to develop young QBs...

Fitchner is a fraud like the head coach that is poor with Xs and Os, trying to deflect blame because he’s a Tomlin and Ben crony.

Who throws a young guy under the bus like that in his first start of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad