GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Pacific Coast Standard is the Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The most telling story about Burfict is that he originally was going to go to USC but lost his offer because he tried to take out Carson Palmer's knee in a high school game.

The man tries to hurt people and does not think a bit about the consequences for him or others.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
They simply can NOT cheat.....it’s their being!

They have to cheat again..Brady is done. 18 for 40 for 150 yards and an INT. 50 of those yards coming off an obvious rub play that they constantly get away with.

As for Bills offense...haha. Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, and Sam Darnold. 3 more winners for that division for years to come.

Brady is pissed tho....hes gonna lobby for AB to return. He looked embarrassed out there not being able to complete a pas further than 5 yards

I said the longer th3 season goes...worse Brady will get. But no worries...BB always ready to come up with more advantages over teams.

Reactions: John Titor

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Couple of observations...

Friggin Arians is a very good HC.

Skipper had a half of a sack.... still think this dumb move will come back to haunt.

Minshew with Jacksonville has a certain confidence.... Really impressed so far. Side note, I'm trying to find a picture of his welcome back at WSU last week. He stood next to 4 beautiful cheerleaders at mid field, but one brunette was almost offensively beautiful. good for him

Reactions: KIRK

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I don't want to hear one critique of Rudolph moving forward.

I'm watching Winston become a stud after being an abject disaster for 3+ years..... COACHING

I'm sorry Mason... I am so very damn sorry you are stuck with this staff.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I don't want to hear one critique of Rudolph moving forward.

I'm watching Winston become a stud after being an abject disaster for 3+ years..... COACHING

I'm sorry Mason... I am so very damn sorry you are stuck with this staff.

Well the Bengals have always been a cure for our staff. If we lose tomm...cant use Mason as the excuse. At least not if he puts up legit numbers and its our D this time that loses a game lol.

Rudolph with 300+ yards and 3+ TDs for example.

All i know is we usually have their number...especially at night. But with Browns beating Ravens....both being 2-2 ....this will now be treated as a playoff game. Week 4 sounds crazy...but you can't go 0-4. Winner would be 1- 3 and only one game out of first.

This is huge. And i have no idea if we will lose due to Mason in Primetime for first time....or defense letting Ross/Dixon go off. And any other way our staff could come up with. I do know i want to see Mason loft it deep 10+ times if our game plan isnt working. Hell...do it anwyay. Odds are he will complete 4 or so and that could be the diff . and open things up for run game...intermediate throws...etc

First 3 opponents we faced are 10-1. Ridiculous. Ravens two wins are against Miami and AZ. Mason may have needed just one "easier matchup" earlier on so he could get first win out of way then i could see him being what alot of us expect. But pressure still on big time now...considering the scenario we are in. More about that imo than the opponent being the Bengals who we always beat. That was with Ben...and them having Marvin Lewis as coach lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If they lose and the coaching staff doesn’t get fired, I’m not watching another Steelers game this season...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Well the Bengals have always been a cure for our staff. If we lose tomm...cant use Mason as the excuse. At least not if he puts up legit numbers and its our D this time that loses a game lol.

Rudolph with 300+ yards and 3+ TDs for example.

All i know is we usually have their number...especially at night. But with Browns beating Ravens....both being 2-2 ....this will now be treated as a playoff game. Week 4 sounds crazy...but you can't go 0-4. Winner would be 1- 3 and only one game out of first.

This is huge. And i have no idea if we will lose due to Mason in Primetime for first time....or defense letting Ross/Dixon go off. And any other way our staff could come up with. I do know i want to see Mason loft it deep 10+ times if our game plan isnt working. Hell...do it anwyay. Odds are he will complete 4 or so and that could be the diff . and open things up for run game...intermediate throws...etc

First 3 opponents we faced are 10-1. Ridiculous. Ravens two wins are against Miami and AZ. Mason may have needed just one "easier matchup" earlier on so he could get first win out of way then i could see him being what alot of us expect. But pressure still on big time now...considering the scenario we are in. More about that imo than the opponent being the Bengals who we always beat. That was with Ben...and them having Marvin Lewis as coach lol

Just for more context...

Steelers haven’t lost a home Monday night game since 1991... 16 games in a row.

Steelers have won eight in a row agt the Bengals.

Steelers win the next two (LMAO) they could be tied with the Ravens... and put the Ravens into a 0-3 tailspin.

Get ready to be Tomlined!

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Rams not the same since last SB.

Shouldnt have fell for that "Pats magic" where you can do no wrong or you lose. Their own fault. Eagles had Wentz out...Foles in...and happened to be the one team who wasnt fazed by the Pats recent past.

Kept coming right at em....

Goff couldn't complete a pass while his D kept Pats in check. Youd think McVay would have switched things up....some trick plays...anything to get them going. They looked lost from the start

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Rams not the same since last SB.

Shouldnt have fell for that "Pats magic" where you can do no wrong or you lose. Their own fault. Eagles had Wentz out...Foles in...and happened to be the one team who wasnt fazed by the Pats recent past.

Kept coming right at em....

Goff couldn't complete a pass while his D kept Pats in check. Youd think McVay would have switched things up....some trick plays...anything to get them going. They looked lost from the start

Agreed, but in all fairness, I didn't watch much of the game.

I like watching Denver lose...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Just for more context...

Steelers haven’t lost a home Monday night game since 1991... 16 games in a row.

Steelers have won eight in a row agt the Bengals.

Steelers win the next two (LMAO) they could be tied with the Ravens... and put the Ravens into a 0-3 tailspin.

Get ready to be Tomlined!

I wouldn't be shocked at all.

Not even close. I would be shocked jf we lost the same way as last week tho . since its usually very creative...diff way for every loss. People assuming our D will handle Bengals with ease(3+ TOs) but Mason loses it for us would be the ones shocked lol.

I finally get my wish...two deep Tds to JW....yet Dalton has a careeer game and we lose by a 60 yard field goal.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Worst teams in the league by point differential, a good measure—

Miami
Washington
Arizona
NYJ
Pittsburgh

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Worst teams in the league by point differential, a good measure—

Miami
Washington
Arizona
NYJ
Pittsburgh

I think I saw a report that Pittsburgh was bottom 5 in nearly every team stat...... damning.

You can't blame those numbers on losing your QB,, especially when that QB played in half of your current stats.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I think I saw a report that Pittsburgh was bottom 5 in nearly every team stat...... damning.

You can't blame those numbers on losing your QB,, especially when that QB played in half of your current stats.

Again...its 3 games. And look at the teams we played. They are not only 10-1 combined but all ranked in top 5 in numbers on both sides of ball.

This was a very tough stretch...QB issues aside. Still should have won 1 or 2 but is what it is. Not out of it until you play your division. Weve only played 1 game in conference as well.

Just win tomm night. Do have a feeling theyd find the 159th way to lose a game they should win

Honestly if losing leads to new coaching like what the Pirates just did(and Colbert making more moves....adding picks for handful of players we dont plan on keeping ...etc...) Then I wouldnt mind anyway. We really gonna win it alll with Mason at QB "this" year? Id settle for changes made but him doing well enough where the blame isnt on him. We def need more draft capital or use money we will gain in FA on a free agent like Eric Ebron/Austin Hooper at TE...Emmanuel Sanders at WR(said he wanted to come back lol, and We need the experience)...a proven ILB/OLB like teams have been picking up lately in Kwon Alexander...Or Shaq Barrett type on the cheap. Just a LB with size..no more tweeners.

SF had a bye week too and get Browns at home next Monday night. Browns lost Jarvis Landry to concussion. Anyway tomm nights game is way bigger than it should be...but i like it. Win that and we suddenly put pressure on the Ravens who have to come to Pitt to avoid 3 straight losses(only wins against winless teams). Would get interesting.

I mention the extra pressure for Mason under the lights on National media stage but thats what we want to see in our Ben replacement anyway. For him to step up to the challenge....not have to wait til he gains experience to be put in right scenarios.

Last weeks mistakes by him(playing it safe whole first half when our D looked like Steel Curtain for first time in a decade) he knows what needs to be done. No diff than what he did in college and preseason. Let the ball fly. We have 3 deep threats...4 including Moncrief (if he can catch) and 5 if we dress Holton lol. So no excuses.

Last edited:

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
They have to cheat again..Brady is done. 18 for 40 for 150 yards and an INT. 50 of those yards coming off an obvious rub play that they constantly get away with.

I'm sure the buffalo defense has the next Patriots game circled. some players commenting on the shot they gave Allen that knocked him out of the game.

they also got a persomal foul for nailing barkley who wasn't close to the ball.

hopefully they give brady some of that back

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm sure the buffalo defense has the next Patriots game circled. some players commenting on the shot they gave Allen that knocked him out of the game.

they also got a persomal foul for nailing barkley who wasn't close to the ball.

hopefully they give brady some of that back

Nah he never gets it back. Players want to keep their careers going lil longer

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
then no reason to put myself through the pain.

Any child could see, comparing the Steelers coaching staff to others in the league who are dealing with young or backup QBs and receivers, that the coaching staff is in over its collective head....Tomlin, who has Xs and Os deficiencies, needs coordinators who can actually scheme to minimize problems...not happening here...

Reactions: The Old Master
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad