GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Pacific Coast Standard is the Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
only if it results in certain people being gone by tomorrow.

giphy.gif

Reactions: The Old Master

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
If they lose and the coaching staff doesn’t get fired, I’m not watching another Steelers game this season...

Oh I'll watch.

It's always funny to me when the Steelers are going down hard, the camera moves to Tomlin and he has that look.... that look of "man, I wonder if this is exposing how big of a fraud I really am..." It should make me sad, but I laugh every time.

FRAUD

The Steelers could hire me as HC and I would immediately be a 1000 times better HC than Tomlin. Why? I would hire a great OC and DC and then be an even better cheerleader than Tomlin is (difference being I would chew out players when they made bonehead mistakes and make them cry, also Switzer and Chickillo would be banished from football. I would do this publicly to send a message to all other brown noses need not apply here!).....

edit... i think in my fantasy that the WSU cheerleader contacts me with a simple request to go out for icecream... i think

Last edited:

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I’ll watch because my love for football and the Steelers go beyond Mike Tomlin and the Mental Midgets, but I’m not going to be as invested in the season as I normally would. I’ll be more focused on how the young players are doing; watching Rudolph and Bush’s progress, the QB-WR chemistry development, hopefully Jaylen Samuel’s emergence, etc.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Oh I'll watch.

It's always funny to me when the Steelers are going down hard, the camera moves to Tomlin and he has that look.... that look of "man, I wonder if this is exposing how big of a fraud I really am..." It should make me sad, but I laugh every time.

FRAUD

The Steelers could hire me as HC and I would immediately be a 1000 times better HC than Tomlin. Why? I would hire a great OC and DC and then be an even better cheerleader than Tomlin is (difference being I would chew out players when they made bonehead mistakes and make them cry, also Switzer and Chickillo would be banished from football. I would do this publicly to send a message to all other brown noses need not apply here!).....

edit... i think in my fantasy that the WSU cheerleader contacts me with a simple request to go out for icecream... i think
Who are these great OC, DC you would hire?

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Who are these great OC, DC you would hire?

Your mot....

just kidding. Great ones, maybe the best that football has to offer. I'm pretty certain if I published that the positions were open, a ton of great candidates would apply. My football acumen assures that they would be great hires.

Thank you for your interest!

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Problem is I don't think Fichtner is out with the possibility of Ben coming back next year. They don't get rid of him until Ben's gone and it's Rudolph's show. Getting a new OC could cause shit with Ben and make recovery harder learning new offense.

Now Butler could go. Just have Tomlin call the defense but then that takes away his layer of protection.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Problem is I don't think Fichtner is out with the possibility of Ben coming back next year. They don't get rid of him until Ben's gone and it's Rudolph's show. Getting a new OC could cause **** with Ben and make recovery harder learning new offense.

Now Butler could go. Just have Tomlin call the defense but then that takes away his layer of protection.

If the organization believes Ben will come back at his age, better than ever, we're all screwed.

I still can't believe they resigned Ben, which kills their cap even if he retires. If you keep doubling down on stupid, the chickens will eventually come home to dance!

Reactions: Andy99

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
If the organization believes Ben will come back at his age, better than ever, we're all screwed.

I still can't believe they resigned Ben, which kills their cap even if he retires. If you keep doubling down on stupid, the chickens will eventually come home to dance!

Yeah, they rushed it. Should have made Ben bet on himself after how long it took.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I am in this pool with 40 guys and 6 of us are tied, I need the Steelers to win and both teams must score 40 points or less. If I needed a win anytime in my life this is it, $150 richer, comon you bums.

I would be happy with a 3-0 Steelers win, just do it.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I need some fantasy production from a steeler and a bengal tonight...lord help me. I needed both to start due to injuries...

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The thing about the AFC North is that everyone is in it still. If they lose tonight though, something has to happen. If it doesnt it just proves that Art II is a gigantic p***y who has no plans on winning football games.

Reactions: Andy99

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The thing about the AFC North is that everyone is in it still. If they lose tonight though, something has to happen. If it doesnt it just proves that Art II is a gigantic ***** who has no plans on winning football games.

Even if they lose i still want to see Colbert making moves for this current Window. Something he wouldnt do...but this time not on same page as Tomlin...preparing the team for without him next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad