GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Pacific Coast Standard is the Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yep. This is exactly why I said I have little hope in Rudolph doing anything here. You need good coaching to develop young QBs...

Fitchner is a fraud like the head coach that is poor with Xs and Os, trying to deflect blame because he’s a Tomlin and Ben crony.

Who throws a young guy under the bus like that in his first start of his career.
He is clearly just trying to cover himself.

You know all of these incompetent scum bag coaches will be back next season, right? Ben getting injured will be used as an excuse to not do a damn thing next offseason.

There are soooo many issues with the coaching staff. We don’t even talk about Danny Smith anymore and how our special teams is pretty much useless. Ryan Switzer is not an NFL caliber punt returner. If all you want is a fair catch, he’s your man.

Reactions: John Titor

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He is clearly just trying to cover himself.

You know all of these incompetent scum bag coaches will be back next season, right? Ben getting injured will be used as an excuse to not do a damn thing next offseason.

There are soooo many issues with the coaching staff. We don’t even talk about Danny Smith anymore and how our special teams is pretty much useless. Ryan Switzer is not an NFL caliber punt returner. If all you want is a fair catch, he’s your man.

Ya he’s obviously covering his own ass because he knows people are on to him. Like Tomlin, he can use the “no Ben” excuse and is already playing that trump card.

Shows you his desperation.

Switzer? Dude, he’s the ZAR of the Steelers.

Reactions: John Titor

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Switzer is the slowest professional athlete I’ve ever seen with a recorded 4.5 second 40. :laugh:

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Damn it would be nice to draft WR Ceedee Lamb from Oklahoma. Theres our deep threat who can do it all.

2 more TDs today.

If we dont move back into first round(dont count out Colbert making more aggressive moves to win now) then i hope all these soph/juniors dont declare lol

Forget Lamb....3TDs now off of 6 catches 183 yards. Hes going top 10. Fast...height.

Someone id actually root for us to tank for if we did have a 1st. But with our easy schedule rest of way...i see at least 7 wins. And thats assuming we dont get things going...we just faced 3 of the toughest teams on schedule and barely lost to Seattle/SF.

Jeudy will prob go first WR taken. Lamb 2nd. We wouldn't have a chance at either. And give me Minkah over the rest of the board(we'd finish 13th-16th if 7-9).

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Nothing matters until the entire coaching staff is purged.

This all still matters....more talent we add the more exposed coaching is. So changes are made. First time in national media Ive heard Tomlin called out finally. We all knew this...but "analysts" always pointed towards his record. Now its "you have a 1st round pick at every postion on D....whats your identity...Tomlin" and so on.

So yeah...Colbertt making these moves are important.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yep. This is exactly why I said I have little hope in Rudolph doing anything here. You need good coaching to develop young QBs...

Fitchner is a fraud like the head coach that is poor with Xs and Os, trying to deflect blame because he’s a Tomlin and Ben crony.

Who throws a young guy under the bus like that in his first start of his career.

Frankly, this was as embarrassing to see from a coach as it gets. Just pathetic. They all can **** off.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Twas always thus (over the last half dozen or so years) and always thus will be.

Colbert making that trade for Minkah says alot tho

Hes done being blamed for picks not panning out if Tomlin/Butler arent gonna get shit done.

He never makes a trade like this. Thats what gives me hope going forward. Colbert is a smart guy...I was pissed he didnt go for it at last year's deadline(we were 6-2-1 At The the time...then you know what happened after) by adding a #2 CB. And a WR/RB. An RB would have been perfect since we lost Conner and that happened to be the deadline for Bell to return too lol. Who knows..maybe Bell returns when Conner gets hurt. No doubt Conners success pushed him further away from Pitt. All the fans rubbing it in....etc. He stated all along before that he wanted to return. They didnt want him to. But guarantee if Conner goes down before the Bell deadline and that changes. More bad luck for us over the years. But that aside...Colbert is about to lose Burns and Dupree...two former first round picks considered "busts". 1. Watch Burns go elswhere and do well. How do you go from starting since day 1 and put up great numbers to getting benched? Tomlin over thought things with him....no reason to keep benching him for every mistake. Suddenly every thing becomes magnified. All of his mistakes treated bigger than normally. Yet we had Sensabaugh hanging on guys backs getting called for PI yet the WR still catches it for Tds lol.

Why they went that route with Burns I still dont get. Dude is still young.
Artie Burns Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Look at those stats first 2 seasons. 4 INTs and 26 PDs? At his age? Was called out for no reason. Then it got in his head. I could see if we had solid DBs. Fine. But that was idiotic by Tomlin.

Anyway watch him go somewhere else and make a career for himself.

Colbert done looking bad because Butler/Tomlin cant get guys to pan out on D unless there talent overcomes the schemes. No way will he wait for Bush to fail too....he made the Minkah trade after Edmunds looking bad so far this year. That would be another bust. I say this is the start of change IF they dont turn it around

Colbert is staying. Tomlin/Butler are the ones who have to turn things around now...or their time here is over

We traded up for Bush and now Minkah. Alot say/think its about our current window and while that may be true...the other reason is they arent waiting for more top picks to bust. Colbert hates losing picks. Hates not having guys pan out. Look at his moves for example. 2013-15 drafts were duds(espcially when Shaz got hurt and Bell left) so Colbert adds Vance, Banner, Moncrief, Nelson, Barron, Bostic who were all no later than 3rd round picks during those seasons

Now he will likely lose Burns, Davis and Hargrave(fit and price) so he adds the TE from that draft. Nick Vannett in 3rd round lol. Never fails. Hes always paying attention to this stuff. Constantly looking at players/Drafts while season is going on.

Amd Edmubds has looked bad so far(having to do more than usual) after looking decent last year and this preseason. But Davis got hurt and Vince. So being out there with Barron and Kelly(before we got Minkah) has made him look worse. Hes all over the place...in a bad way. Hes a box...SS. Thats where he excels. Having Minkah do his thing and Vince/Bush theirs....would help Edmunds develop/Succeed.

So obvious what the probs are.

Butler's scheme sucks. Our TOs were either SF making mistakes or our "talent" making plays....and both. Bush jumping on both fumbles(still takes talent...weve seen plenty not have the smarts or ability)....Watt making that pick(easy drop by others)...and so on. All 5 TOs involved our best talent.

Anyway, we'll see how rest of season goes...but no doubt Colbert should continue to be aggressive. Especially if we are out of it by deadline.....move guys we arent planning on keeping to get more draft picks back for next year. Then maybe we can trade back up in first or use mid to late picks for higher 3rd for example. Whatever...just keep going this route. Hes finally being aggressive knowing he has to. 1. Coaching not getting most out of his picks anymore. 2. Today's game where guys dont really stay for 2nd contract....he cant simply let rookies sit for years and play them later on...getting them cheap on 2nd contract lol. Not to mention not knowing if a Bell/Brown situaton can pop up at any moment. You cant just be patient anymore. When you have a window...have to go for it.

Wish he realized this last year and traded for Patrick Peterson. Not only do we not miss playoffs we may have won it all

Reactions: NEPA and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@JimmyTwoTimes . . . we wouldn't have won it all . . .

tomlin452271391.jpg

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Since the Eagles recently released Fort, the Steelers will lose their third round compensatory pick from Bell signing elsewhere. The only way to get it back would be to release Moncrief or Nelson before week 10.

Please release Moncrief

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Since the Eagles recently released Fort, the Steelers will lose their third round compensatory pick from Bell signing elsewhere. The only way to get it back would be to release Moncrief or Nelson before week 10.

Please release Moncrief

They will def do that before losing a 3rd rounder in a draft where they have no 1st or 3rd. No worries.

Like I said...the Moncrief, Barron, Chickillo signings were all front loaded so we could dump in season 2 if needed. And in the case of Barron/Chick...def not worth the 8 and 5 mil cap hits lol. As for Moncrief..hed have to get 10 catches a game from here on out ...and maybe Colbert doesnt release him before week 10.

Even then...hed still trade for another WR at deadline ....to get the 3rd for Moncrief lol. 3rd round is our magic round...especially for WRs

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
If Belichik would come to Pittsburgh to coach he could bring his whole family to coach with him if he wants to.

Yeah, we should treat geniuses the same as morons in hiring. Does he cheat? Sure. Does that diminish the fact that he is the best coach of this generation or perhaps all time. No.

It is not a double standard to want to replace stupidity with talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad