The Pittsburgher Thread: The Bush Era Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I love it. Gives Steelers even more incentive to win it all this year. Already had plenty of reasons and in that mindset(from the drama to loss of WR coach to talk of every former Steeler trying to downplay Bens career) ..the whole team kept mentioning how focused they are this year. And just in case they forget ? Brown pulls this and signs with their biggest rival...another slap in the face, move done on purpose.

Brown will remain on the losing side. This just made this season that much more exciting. Btw a dumb decision going there instead of Saints. Not only have the Pats won 3 without you...but you then pick the one year when Brady is finally taking a step back. We saw signs of this last year(in our win he threw 4 straight incompletions to end the game instead of the usual come back as one example.) And I figured thered be a much bigger dropoff this season. Bill adding Gordon, Thomas, AND Brown is proof of that...he knows he needs to add as many weapons as possible now. Not having the offense go thru mainly Brady but even more of a system QB. Idk if he will drop off as much as Manning did but well see

Brown should have went to Saints. Go be a diff maker instead of a passenger. Never understand that. But the impact this will have now for our teams mindset all year is what will make the diff in us finally winning again as opposed to underachieving.

Gonna be a helluva story all year long.
I agree with you when it comes to the Steelers being more focused and motivated, but...

...the Patriots still won the Super Bowl. Say what you will about the Steeler game or even the Super Bowl itself, but they went 11-5, had top 5 offense, put up 41 and 37 in the playoffs, and won the Super Bowl. If they can get AB to cooperate, this is not good news for the rest of the NFL.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The thing is though, I'm not sure that takes advantage of Brady's strength of getting the ball out so quickly. That might not happen if he needs to wait a few extra seconds for these guys to get down field. Do we even know who their TE's are anymore?

They brought back 50 year old Ben Watson. Unfortunately for them and the NFL there were no current All Pro TEs causing probs and getting kicked off their team to join them.

I don't blame Belichick at all..if NFL gonna keep letting him do whatever why wouldnt he? Lol. As much as I dont like the Pats I always liked Bill. Dudes a genius..and when he knows his team doesnt have the players to win even with their system....he finds a diff way every time to increase their odds

Never respected Brady because I cant stand his constant yelling and blaming the WRs or Oline when things went wrong then takes all the credit when the D bails them out for example. Or a dump off to Edleman...lob to Gronk leads to wins.

The constant looking at refs when breathed on...while Ben gets hit by 4 guys at once gets up with his helmet twisted to the side and turf stuck inside it. No complaints. Little shit like that I never cared for. Rivers is the same way. As much disrespect Ben gets you never see him complain like the others...respond to the hundreds of comments of people piling on. Handles it in stride. Yet Brown hears Mayock say one thing...and its "release me'. Lol Jesus.

Back on topic...the year they lose Gronk and main weapon for Bradys success over the years....league will change rules for all TEs.

TEs Can no longer go act as WRs...allowed in formation for blocking only. May not go down field for pass, will result in 5 yard loss ... Rule #28 now that's under the section - "changes may apply"

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The entire NFL should be angry. My hope is for every team to dirty it up against those cheats.

Screw Rooney and every other owner covering for those cheats.

You have to be one of the most gullible people on earth to believe this wasn’t orchestrated behind the scenes within the last couple days.

Just like with Blount.

Like I said, that org has no moral compass and will stoop to any level to win.

Saw this coming a mile away because it’s what they do.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don't think the Patriots even have to collude. They've shown time and time again that they will take chances (and have success with) guys that get let go from other teams for attitude problems.

Although, with Rosenhaus as his agent, it wouldn't surprise me if there was some shenanigans, either.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
On a side note, I'm not sure why everyone is so quick to assume Josh Gordon won't have another issue pop up at some point. He's never been able to put the blunt down for long before.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Shitty people getting rewarded. Oh well, hope it blows up on them. Can’t say I’m shocked it happened.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
giphy.gif

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I agree with you when it comes to the Steelers being more focused and motivated, but...

...the Patriots still won the Super Bowl. Say what you will about the Steeler game or even the Super Bowl itself, but they went 11-5, had top 5 offense, put up 41 and 37 in the playoffs, and won the Super Bowl. If they can get AB to cooperate, this is not good news for the rest of the NFL.

Them winning it all last year while Brady got worse was kind of my point. Yes its sometimes due to great coaching...adjustments. When I see that...I give them full credit. But when i see the Hawks do what they did...the Falcons turtle the way they did...the Rams with Goff/McVay going from leading the league in scoring to looking like Landry Jones in the Superbowl(on his own for most of the game...taking no chances to try to win knowing your own D is shutting the Pats down) and handing the Pats that game when their D played their asses off. Thats what I refer to.

Still can't take those wins away...and im not the type that gives asterisk lol...my point is they could just as easily be 3-6 in Superbowls rather than 6-3. Its not like they won 45-3 every time. And in the 3 losses...those were the only times I saw those teams not go away from their reg season look..playcalling. Eagles with a backup QB werent phased at all and beat them. Nobody thought that would happen. Giants with Eli Manning at QB ruined their perfect season with Moss and beat em again. So i dont get the whole " well the league is screwed" talk. Just depends whos facing them....as smart as Belichick is there are other coaches who have now gone 20 years not "adjusting" to them the way they adjust. No learning from previous games and mistakes. The obvious bad decisions continue. Im sure even Bill is amazed he won 6 with the talent he had. Seattle def should have won(not one of those games where im just pointing out plays on one side saying that could have beeen the diff...we all know how dumb that call was) as well as Atlanta. Up 28-3. Ok and even with the Falcons playing scared after letting the great comeback happen talk...aside....with 2 mins left they were still up 7 with the ball on the Pats 25 yard line 1st and 10. Field goal and its game over. Matt Ryan not only backs up to pass(should have been 3 straight runs and field goal) but does the one thing every QB knows not to....take a sack and put yourself out of field goal range. Lol these are the things im talking about. Pats had 3 wins in previous era all by 3 points but they were just close games. Not due to those teams handing them those wins by being completely uncharacteristic.

As for their record each year...well thats easy to predict 11 wins since basically a guaranteed 6 every year due to division. Amazed how long all 3 teams have been bad for. Put Pats with Ravens and its a diff story.

But enough of them for now.. There will be plenty of talk all year now cuz of Brown.

Lol love it. Hes been a jinx his whole time here. All started his rookie season and us losing in the Superbowl for first time.

Cant wait to see what happens on that team with him. Brady will not be able to hit Brown as consistent as hes used to...how will Brown handle that? Numbers are gonna go way down without Ben and Brady checking down 80% of time to Edleman. Or 18 catches for 25 yards to James White .

And if losing follows? He be the first reclamation project that ended up doing worse there....went to turn his career around but all this does is add more bad attention. Go to the Saints and be the diff ij them finally winning again? Now you just added to your legacy and shut alot of people up.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You have to be one of the most gullible people on earth to believe this wasn’t orchestrated behind the scenes within the last couple days.

Just like with Blount.

Like I said, that org has no moral compass and will stoop to any level to win.

Saw this coming a mile away because it’s what they do.
I hope his tenure is as long and fruitful as Moss' was for the Cheatriots.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Clearly didn’t say I was surprised.
Don't be upset, it's not about your post, more so the fact that the Patriots clearly cheated and the Raiders have yet to ask for an investigation into this. Brown, more importantly, the brains behind this being his Agent, orchestrated this to get Brown out of the Raiders contract when the Pats suddenly showed interest the last couple of days to get him if he would get released.

That's f***ed up. The tough part will be to prove this, I really hope they can really catch the Patroits in this crap and Brown's camp and he's suspended indefinitely from the NFL for this and the Patriots are fined HEAVILY...

But the NFL is the biggest joke when it comes to stuff like this, nothing will happen, Patriots will get away with cheating again and the shitty people that are their fans, will act like everyone is salty or jealous - when we aren't.

Reactions: John Titor

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
People in here are coming off like Alex Jones.

Yes, it was all an elaborate plan that started with AB making his feet into popsicles.

They did it with Blount and Rosenhuas just 3 years ago. The exact missing piece they needed. But yea, make fun of people when the majority of sheep in this world believe whatever the Telly tells them to believe. 100% the Pats tampered again. And will get away with it again.

I would also bet my life on it they are paying him under the table as well. Breston Buckner confirmed to me personally this takes place in the NFL.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Sigh. I won't be able to stomach the Patriots with 7 super bowls. They should have lost last year if the saints didn't get f***ed

Reactions: USMC607
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad