The Pittsburgher Thread: The Bush Era Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I have been laughing my ass off at the Antonio Brown news for the whole morning and afternoon now....what an ass clown. People thought we were being salty about him, the guy is a cancer and even that clip of him and Gruden where he recorded the convo, the guy is so convoluted and delusional for his worth, he lives in a world where he is constantly persecuted for things he feels he did not do.

News flash, he is an asshole. He is not a good person.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So Browns earnings with Oakland were -$250,000 in fines and -$5,000,000 owed to his agent on the $50,000,000 contract he voided by behavior, but his agent knew enough regarding him to guarantee even if the contract was voided.

So negative five and a quarter million dollars for twelve weeks 'work'.

Biggie was right.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So Browns earnings with Oakland were -$250,000 in fines and -$5,000,000 owed to his agent on the $50,000,000 contract he voided by behavior, but his agent knew enough regarding him to guarantee even if the contract was voided.

So negative five and a quarter million dollars for twelve weeks 'work'.

Biggie was right.

30m of that was guaranteed money he just literally took a giant dump on.

His agent acting like this is fine, not a big deal at all. Lol...

I am curious what happens with him now, my biggest worry is he goes to a team and figures it out that he needs to just shut up and play or what I hope happens - He goes to the Patriots and destroys that team from within with him being him.

If Brown worked as hard as he did to fight the stupid helmet issue he had, with being a better person, the guy would be a f***ing legend. But now he's going to be a legend for being one of the biggest idiots.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bell is also an idiot...just being overshadowed by his idiot twin, Brown right now.

This Q&A...

Q: What is the criticism about you that has bothered you the most, or that you thought was the most unfair?
A: People say I’m a distraction. I feel like the fans don’t really know or people outside of the building don’t really know me, right? So they only can go off of what they hear. So when they hear I’m holding out ’cause I [want] more money, they’re not really understanding what I’m doing or why I’m doing it. That’s the only thing that kind of frustrates me a little bit. But when people talk about me and say I made a bad decision, it doesn’t bother me at all ’cause I know what I was trying to do, and they’re not understanding what I was doing, or why I was doing it.
Q: What do you think the public perception of you is?
A: You got some people who love it. And then you got people, I see on Twitter, “Oh, you’re so dumb for walking away from this amount of money.” I think it’s like divided. I just started really understanding that I can’t really make everybody happy. I can’t satisfy everybody. I kind of look at LeBron James, he’s one of my people I kind of idolize, and I see how he moves and how he wins, and there’s still people who don’t like him. Even though he’s done nothing wrong, but it’s like people just don’t like him because … they don’t want to like him.
Q: Did you ever talk to him about the reports about him not being crazy about signing you in free agency?
A: We both laughed about it. Let’s say for the sake of argument he did say it: He definitely do a great job of acting as if he likes me (laugh). I got a great relationship with him. He FaceTimed me [Monday] out of the blue, like, “I’m so ready, are you ready?” Like getting hyped for the season. [Pittsburgh coach Mike] Tomlin never FaceTimed me, or [Michigan State coach Mark] Dantonio or my high school coach. … It’s just never happened. ’Cause our relationship is like deeper than football already. I’ve never met somebody like him. He genuinely cares about the person, not just the football player, but me as a person.
https://nypost.com/2019/09/07/jets-leveon-bell-is-tired-of-being-called-a-distraction/
Lol...his ass is being handled and he thinks it's like the bestest relationship EVAR!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can't wait to see the reports that AB is asking for $24 million per year because Julio Jones just signed his extension for $22 million per season
Honestly, the guy should just go to XFL and be the face of that league.

He is the perfect person for that league, he's controversial, he gets attention for being his idiotic self, people would tune in just to see that drama. Maybe after a year of being a joke there, he grows up, probably won't, 100% likely won't, but yeah...I'd be curious to see him in that.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
927A697A-1A92-40B6-A39D-64DC3E53D8E3.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The thing is I think this is the one guy that they can't fix and I think this one will bite them in the ass

Yeah, I thought they'd view Brown as too crazy to be worth the time, but I guess not. On one hand, it's hard to criticize them for making that call because they've been right so often. On the other hand, that level of arrogance is really dangerous and can easily backfire on you. A perfect case in point: Ray Searage with the Pirates.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
If he’s not too CTE-insane to control himself, this is the one organization where he falls in line, to get himself a ring.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not even mad at AB because it makes the Patriots the easiest bet I can remember for a super bowl. I'll cry into the winnings I'll get by putting $300 on the Patriots :laugh:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Will he be playing against the Steelers tomorrow? Wouldn’t put it past NE

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Not surprised at all… Maybe this really is what he wanted all along! But, if that’s the case, then what about all the reports over the last few days of Brown’s attitude being an issue for years?

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I've read he can't play until Week 2.

Wonder how much guaranteed money he's getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad