The Pittsburgher Thread: The Bush Era Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Hopefully with all the lack of practice he’s had, AB will tear a hamstring in his first game...

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
GOAT about to go from Edelman to Brown....what an upgrade.

sucks to be a steelers fan nowadays :(

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Did the patriots and brown play everybody or are they just taking a flyer on brown now since hes free and you can't pass that up when they need receivers more than anything. I really don't think brown orchestrated this cause hes leaving a lot of money on the table. Time will tell. It's the patriot though. They got blount the same way without the trade and two teams releasing him.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean I don't really care what team he plays for. We've seen big time WRs go to Pats and it not work. Their little worker bees do more damage than a guy like Brown. He'll just run the wrong route and Brady will go nuts.

The issue I have with the NFL and the culture is that it's further proof you don't need anything but talent and someone will pay you money. You can embarrass yourself all you want. It's fine. It's so toxic and reason I barely watch.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
There isn't a profession I can think of where having an immense amount of talent doesn't afford someone a long leash. It's not just the NFL

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I love it. Gives Steelers even more incentive to win it all this year. Already had plenty of reasons and in that mindset(from the drama to loss of WR coach to talk of every former Steeler trying to downplay Bens career) ..the whole team kept mentioning how focused they are this year. And just in case they forget ? Brown pulls this and signs with their biggest rival...another slap in the face, move done on purpose.

Brown will remain on the losing side. This just made this season that much more exciting. Btw a dumb decision going there instead of Saints. Not only have the Pats won 3 without you...but you then pick the one year when Brady is finally taking a step back. We saw signs of this last year(in our win he threw 4 straight incompletions to end the game instead of the usual come back as one example.) And I figured thered be a much bigger dropoff this season. Bill adding Gordon, Thomas, AND Brown is proof of that...he knows he needs to add as many weapons as possible now. Not having the offense go thru mainly Brady but even more of a system QB. Idk if he will drop off as much as Manning did but well see

Brown should have went to Saints. Go be a diff maker instead of a passenger. Never understand that. But the impact this will have now for our teams mindset all year is what will make the diff in us finally winning again as opposed to underachieving.

Gonna be a helluva story all year long.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I love it. Gives Steelers even more incentive to win it all this year. Already had plenty of reasons and in that mindset(from the drama to loss of WR coach to talk of every former Steeler trying to downplay Bens career) ..the whole team kept mentioning how focused they are this year. And just in case they forget ? Brown pulls this and signs with their biggest rival...another slap in the face, move done on purpose.

Brown will remain on the losing side. This just made this season that much more exciting. Btw a dumb decision going there instead of Saints. Not only have the Pats won 3 without you...but you then pick the one year when Brady is finally taking a step back. We saw signs of this last year(in our win he threw 4 straight incompletions to end the game instead of the usual come back as one example.) And I figured thered be a much bigger dropoff this season. Bill adding Gordon, Thomas, AND Brown is proof of that...he knows he needs to add as many weapons as possible now. Not having the offense go thru mainly Brady but even more of a system QB. Idk if he will drop off as much as Manning did but well see

Brown should have went to Saints. Go be a diff maker instead of a passenger. Never understand that. But the impact this will have now for our teams mindset all year is what will make the diff in us finally winning again as opposed to underachieving.

Gonna be a helluva story all year long.

The thing is though, I'm not sure that takes advantage of Brady's strength of getting the ball out so quickly. That might not happen if he needs to wait a few extra seconds for these guys to get down field. Do we even know who their TE's are anymore?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Ya, this reeks of their meddling.

Knew it was coming and still beyond pissed.

Now he will be a good soldier and help them win another SB.

****ing brutal.

The entire NFL should be angry. My hope is for every team to dirty it up against those cheats.

Screw Rooney and every other owner covering for those cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->