The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers vs. Browns... Joker's Wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Wentz -> Colts or Lions
Stafford -> Colts or New England

1. Jaguars -> Trevor Lawrence
2. Jets -> Justin Fields if he has a big NCG and works out well, otherwise they stay with Darnold. Could trade out for picks if they keep Darnold. Non-QB pick: OT Penei Sowell
3. Dolphins -> Fields if the Jets pass. Zach Wilson or Trey Lance if they're not sold on Tua. Could pick Fields then trade Tua. Could trade out. Non-QB pick: WR LaMarr Chase
4. Falcons -> Fields if luck strikes. Zach Wilson or Trey Lance otherwise.
5. Bengals -> OT Rashawn Slater
6. Eagles -> Weapons are desperately needed in Philly, especially with Ertz (likely) leaving. TE Kyle Pitts could make sense, but WR Devonta Smith is really good, too
7. Lions -> Wilson or Lance if available and they don't plan on signing Wentz. Maybe they trade with the Jets or Dolphins to move up? Non-QB pick: LB Micah Parsons
8. Panthers -> Wilson or Lance if available and they're not satisfied with Bridgewater. Another candidate to move up. Non-QB pick: TE Kyle Pitts or WR Devonta Smith
9. Broncos -> CB Patrick Surtain III/ CB Caleb Farley
10. Cowboys -> CB Caleb Farley/ CB Patrick Surtain III

Like I've said before, this off-season is going to be a mess. The draft will be no exception

Last edited:

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I think it's "only" like 16 mil in actual cash I heard on the radio, but still

The actual figure is: $41.250m total. $4m in salary. $15m roster bonus. $22.250 in signing and restructure bonuses. $37.250m cap hit.

If he retires, I believe the $22.250m is his. So, he'd be leaving $19m on the table. Still a chunk of change

Last edited:

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I’m surprised any team wants him considering how poorly our team is set up from a cap stance going forward.
Yeah, that’s supposed to be his area of expertise and it certainly appears that he has shit the bed in that regard as of late...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You guys can’t be serious about Khan.

Dude has been a wizard at creating space for years.

Are we blaming him for not seeing a potential 23m drop in the cap because of Covid?

How exactly was he suppose to know this was coming without a time machine?

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
Yeah, that’s supposed to be his area of expertise and it certainly appears that he has shit the bed in that regard as of late...
this franchise qb window has been maximized with no real issues. thats how the league works imo

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Show me a team that doesn't have a cap issue, and I'll show you a team that is actively tanking or coming out of a rebuild.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Wow, now people are complaining about Khan? Some people are truly ignorant.
He's one of the best in the league at managing the cap. Throughout his entire tenure he's found a way to keep all of our high end talent. Not once did we have to dump a significant cap casualty despite having tons of big conracts. Pouncey, Decastro, Ben, Bell, AB, Heyward, Harrison, Polamalu, Dupree, Timmons were all among the top 5 paid players at their position at one point or another. And we got to keep them all throughout their prime.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
If the Steelers are fearful of that, they’ll draft a QB in the first round
the only way they draft a qb is if one magically falls in our lap. most of the rudy hate is based on his play last yr. when he was nowhere ready to playin the nfl. we can see how much he has improved in one year "if" he can continue to improve (and i think he will) i think we'll be fine. we need ol and more ol and maybe a running back although a better ol should improve that to.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Wow, now people are complaining about Khan? Some people are truly ignorant.
He's one of the best in the league at managing the cap. Throughout his entire tenure he's found a way to keep all of our high end talent. Not once did we have to dump a significant cap casualty despite having tons of big conracts. Pouncey, Decastro, Ben, Bell, AB, Heyward, Harrison, Polamalu, Dupree, Timmons were all among the top 5 paid players at their position at one point or another. And we got to keep them all throughout their prime.

Agreed that there some companent people in this organization.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
You just know that with how Highsmith has been progressing, and with Bitonio out now, whoever the backup is will have some sort of monster game Sunday...

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
gonna be a tense next few days in cleveland. honestly probably pgh too with how things are deteriorating nationwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad