The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers vs. Browns... Joker's Wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Regarding the Rudolph discussion, I always found it intriguing that AB at some point last season (I think it was after Mason had his final injury that knocked him out for the rest of the year) tweeted at Rudolph an encouraging message for his future. Don't remember the exact wording but the way I read it gave the feeling of AB probably having at least a better than just working relationship with him when he was still here. He went out of his way to send such a message even not being on the team anymore.

Considering how often race came in to play during his antics the last few years, I don't believe he of all people would be one to send such a message of encouragement towards a former teammate if he had any belief that Rudolph might've been the type of person to say such a thing.

Won't ever find out for sure unless audio somehow surfaces or he admits to it, but that AB tweet was always peculiar to me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No way any rational human being believes Rudolph said anything to Myles besides calling him an idiot or something. If Myles thinks being called an idiot is racist, then maybe he should retire. Too many hits to the head.

But Myles also stated it way after the fact. Like he was doing Mason a favor by not saying it until a week after the fact. Before that he was taking excuses from people on Twitter and then suddenly landed on it being racial. Myles is garbage.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Pederson is trying to lose, my gosh. Is Tomlin coaching the eagles right now?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Thid is a disgrace to the league. The Eagles should be ashamed.

This guy the Eagles have playing QB makes Mason Rudolph look like Peyton Manning.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I just realized the Browns last two playoff appearances were in 94 and 02... agt the Steelers.

That’s... interesting.

Bet no one can name both of the Browns starting QBs for those games...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I just realized the Browns last two playoff appearances were in 94 and 02... agt the Steelers.

That’s... interesting.

Bet no one can name both of the Browns starting QBs for those games...

Vinny Testaverde and Tim Couch.

What do I win?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Jets fans wishing they had Doug Pederson as their coach after tonight.

Well technically Pederson would be an upgrade on Gase.

Looking at the openings out there, the Jags and Chargers jobs are the two best. Those two franchises have their pick of the litter. They also have a history of ******* up similar opportunities in the past. :laugh:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Wasn't it Vinny and Kelly Holcomb?

I wonder if Philly sports fans are going to whine about the Penguins "tanking"?

Reactions: Selfish Man

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Not sure if Urban Meyer is a good fit for the NFL. His obsession with the game is borderline unhealthy, not sure if his schtick would work with professionals, and he'd undoubtedly want to be a GM/HC. I can see him going a couple years then going back to TV or coaching college, similar to Saban.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Ravens, Bills, Packers, Chiefs on the road next year/later this year.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
tourist looking at playoff bracket take: this actually is about as good as you can expect for the steelers? ravens are the best shot at taking out the chiefs and ravens/steelers if that comes to pass is always pretty close to a coinflip?

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
tourist looking at playoff bracket take: this actually is about as good as you can expect for the steelers? ravens are the best shot at taking out the chiefs and ravens/steelers if that comes to pass is always pretty close to a coinflip?
it’s good that we got Cleveland I guess. We have a good shot to win before getting embarrassed in round 2. But then Tomlin’s job is saved so maybe bad thing overall

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
it’s good that we got Cleveland I guess. We have a good shot to win before getting embarrassed in round 2. But then Tomlin’s job is saved so maybe bad thing overall
I would welcome being thoroughly embarrassed by the Browns on Sunday if it meant Tomlin packing up his shit and getting the f*** out next Monday, but alas, no matter what happens he’ll be here next year and for many years to come after that...

Even an epic late season collapse and a terrible loss to the f***ing Browns in the playoffs won’t be enough to get rid of him...

Reactions: Pengwins

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Ya, this is the best scenario Steelers fan could hope for. They get their most beatable opponent and avoid the Chiefs/Ravens until the championship game.

Steelers would likely play Browns, Bills, Ravens/Chiefs assuming Tomlin figures out how to win in the playoffs.

Ie because if the Steelers and Bills win this weekend, it means they play each other and the Ravens and Chiefs matchup... assuming Ravens win.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
i only root against tomlin in the regular season. bumbling our way to a super bowl is fine with me

Reactions: The Old Master

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
i only root against tomlin in the regular season. bumbling our way to a super bowl is fine with me
Most SB winners enter the postseason playing well including our last 2 championship years. We enter the postseason as a disaster but I do think we beat the Browns

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
Most SB winners enter the postseason playing well including our last 2 championship years. We enter the postseason as a disaster but I do think we beat the Browns
oh yeah, i dont think its going to happen and intentionally characterized the steelers path to playoff success as bumbling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad