The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers/Football talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Uh, anyone care to think Watt might be lying here? I don’t care how big time an athlete is - Mark will hold his ground and is too big of a deal to take down.

My question is... what does either gain?

Madden: Why? Like who cares and why? If Watt came out and said differently, just squash it and talk offline.

Watt: Tried to say something to keep drama down. So what? He's a professional toeing the company line. We all do it in professional careers. Why would he be different. I respect him for doing so.

Fans: What is all this tribal warfare? I cannot believe how angry people get. I cannot believe people get into these tribal wars over very silly stuff.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Well, Madden has reported some things that are not a good look for the Steelers that were all proven to be true, and this organization is frustrating so I think it’s very possible he’s not kidding, but this tweet is interesting:

Well known fact that Madden and Scrap are really good friends. And I don’t think he really has all that many friends or anyone else in the Steelers org who would be honest...

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Uh, anyone care to think Watt might be lying here? I don’t care how big time an athlete is - Mark will hold his ground and is too big of a deal to take down.
Yea Mark is a piece of garbage, but is Watt going to admit to skipping the exit interview? He should have beef with our Mickey Mouse team.

I can’t imagine any player walked away this off season thinking yea, this is good.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think Fichtner will get signed by another team any day.

Nicholas-Cage-Cant-Hold-Back-The-Laughter-Reaction-Gif.gif

Wait by your rotary phone, Randy. Dagg nammit.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I don't understand why TJ would be so upset. And him storming out and telling the staff to pack his shit is not something I think TJ would do, unless he's a completely different guy than what he has portrayed since setting foot in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Son Goku

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well, Madden has reported some things that are not a good look for the Steelers that were all proven to be true, and this organization is frustrating so I think it’s very possible he’s not kidding, but this tweet is interesting:

Well known fact that Madden and Scrap are really good friends. And I don’t think he really has all that many friends or anyone else in the Steelers org who would be honest...

What is the point of going all in at this time on the Steelers? That was like 5-6 years ago. At this point, everyone should just know.

If the Pens had kept Bylsma and they never won another Cup, I wouldn't be tuning in every night. That writing was on the wall, as such with Tomlin. I owe these teams nothing. My tax dollars help pay their stadiums. They give back by hiring people and giving jobs/revenue to this great city. They owe me entertainment and winning. If they choose, and the Steelers CHOSE their endgame, to lose.. that's their choice. Mine is to stop caring/investing.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don't understand why TJ would be so upset. And him storming out and telling the staff to pack his shit is not something I think TJ would do, unless he's a completely different guy than what he has portrayed since setting foot in Pittsburgh.

giphy.gif

The truth is always somewhere in the middle. I bet he was just frustrated with the crap offense and horrible coaching.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV

It's rich that he's touting "media ethics" while single sourcing a story ...

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Considering what's happened with the team since Arians "retired," I can't blame anyone for assuming the Steelers lie every time they open their mouths. They're quickly becoming a joke organization.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

He almost certainly will now fall to the second round. And not the top of it. Great opportunity to take another need then come around to him in round two.

I would go Najee Harris if available first round, Trask second round, OL third round.

Last edited:

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV

He almost certainly will now fall to the second round. And not the top of it. Great opportunity to take another need then come around to him in round two.

I would go Najee Harris if available first round, Trask second round, OL third round.

I don't know how much it'll hurt his stock. Depends on the injury. I'm guessing there's enough tape on him that if it's not something severe he'll be about the same. And by severe, I mean keeps him from prep and combine.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I don't know how much it'll hurt his stock. Depends on the injury. I'm guessing there's enough tape on him that if it's not something severe he'll be about the same. And by severe, I mean keeps him from prep and combine.

He had an amazing year, two years really. But a disappointing bowl game with some picks. Teams were looking to this game for some reassurance from him after the bad game. It is silly, one game, but I have seen players fall over stuff like that.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
He had an amazing year, two years really. But a disappointing bowl game with some picks. Teams were looking to this game for some reassurance from him after the bad game. It is silly, one game, but I have seen players fall over stuff like that.

Yeah but in the bowl game Trask was also missing his top 3 or 4 weapons right? If I remember correctly Pitts and Toney both sat out and then they were also missing Trevon Grimes (who was third behind Pitts and Toney) and then they were missing another guy who was the best fill in for any of those guys when they missed other time...so Trask legit was missing his top 4 weapons

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah but in the bowl game Trask was also missing his top 3 or 4 weapons right? If I remember correctly Pitts and Toney both sat out and then they were also missing Trevon Grimes (who was third behind Pitts and Toney) and then they were missing another guy who was the best fill in for any of those guys when they missed other time...so Trask legit was missing his top 4 weapons

Trask had a chance at being a low first round pick.

The bowl game and missing this second chance to show what he can do one more time guaranteed that he would be no better than a second round pick.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Trask had a chance at being a low first round pick.

The bowl game and missing this second chance to show what he can do one more time guaranteed that he would be no better than a second round pick.

I don’t think the bowl game should be held against him though. You are most likely right that it will be but I don’t think it should be

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Why, it's not like we talk about the QB coach all that often........

And I believe the OL needs to be addressed before anything else. Doesn't matter if your running back is Jim Brown dipped in Eric Dickerson and coated in Barry Sanders if your OL is complete crap and can't open holes. Spending a first round pick on a RB is fool's gold imo.

Just look at this years top ten rushers, like the top 8 were all taken in the 2nd round.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Why, it's not like we talk about the QB coach all that often........

And I believe the OL needs to be addressed before anything else. Doesn't matter if your running back is Jim Brown dipped in Eric Dickerson and coated in Barry Sanders if your OL is complete crap and can't open holes. Spending a first round pick on a RB is fool's gold imo.

Just look at this years top ten rushers, like the top 8 were all taken in the 2nd round.

Disagree.

Great RBs can make a mediocre line look like Pro Bowlers. Sanders had mostly garbage lines his entire career.

Steelers got a great head start with Dotson who was mowing guys in the run game... but then they sent him back to the bench.

If there is an elite LT waiting to be plucked by the Steelers in the first round, than ya go for it.

If not, passing on Etienne or Williams would be a huge mistake.

They are two of the most explosive backs to come out in some time and would be insta fixes for their run game.

Neither guy will be sitting around late in round two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad