The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers/Football talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I actually don't mind Brady. New England was extremely easy to hate, from head coach to fans.

But Brady never did anything but was extremely talented. Kind of reminds me of Crosby to be honest.

I don’t see any parallels between Brady and Crosby, except being at the pinnacle of their respective sports.

Brady has always been unlikable to me.

Acts like a total dick screaming at refs, yelling at his teammates, being a sore loser (Foles and Goff were his latest victims this season), and I have zero doubts he knew about the cheating going on in NE.

Just not sure what’s really likable about the guy if he isn’t playing for your team.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
LaFleur channeled his inner Tomlin tonight in the end. That was a crappy way to lose.

Go Chiefs

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
You love the Tomlin Rooney **** show. You are a yinzer because you can't see reality of it.

This was Clowns last playoff.
If you read any of my recent posts you'd know that I'm in favor of firing Tomlin.

You sound like someone who picks arguments on here to get attention.

Reactions: Khelandros

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
If you read any of my recent posts you'd know that I'm in favor of firing Tomlin.

You sound like someone who picks arguments on here to get attention.

You do realize this is Clowns last playoff game right?

Since you were so adamant in telling me after 11-0 how he was such a great coach and stats don't lie and how I rely on other opinions. LOL!

Except now (at the time of 11-0) I want to say I told you so

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
You do realize this is Clowns last playoff game right?

Since you were so adamant in telling me after 11-0 how he was such a great coach and stats don't lie and how I rely on other opinions. LOL!

Except now (at the time of 11-0) I want to say I told you so
Sounds like you don't have much going on in life of you resort to bringing up 2 month old posts to try to prove yourself right.

I never said anything of what you're claiming. I did say that 80% of the league would kill to have the level of success that Tomlin has had in the this decade. Not even gonna mention the SB win.
I also mentioned that if he can't beat Cleveland he should get canned. But I understand that he likely won't get fired yet. No one gets fired after winning a division title.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Sounds like you don't have much going on in life of you resort to bringing up 2 month old posts to try to prove yourself right.

I never said anything of what you're claiming. I did say that 80% of the league would kill to have the level of success that Tomlin has had in the this decade. Not even gonna mention the SB win.
I also mentioned that if he can't beat Cleveland he should get canned. But I understand that he likely won't get fired yet. No one gets fired after winning a division title.

I'm fine in life thank you, I'm in Florida. Lmao. Where are you?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Just because I have a few minutes in my life to post here doesn't mean I'm spending the day writing a Dear John Letter

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I'm fine in life thank you, I'm in Florida. Lmao. Where are you? freezing I bet.
Yes. Winter in Pittsburgh is cold. Sounds like you used to live here. You should know the climate here by now.

Even though I don't disagree with the collective lack of confidence in Tomlin going forward, I can't bring myself to mindlessly trash everything he does.
Otherwise I turn into someone who is upset whrn they lose AND win. No thanks. They have some truly elite players on D. There are a few reasons for optimism.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Even though I don't disagree with the collective lack of confidence in Tomlin going forward, I can't bring myself to mindlessly trash everything he does.
Otherwise I turn into someone who is upset whrn they lose AND win. No thanks. They have some truly elite players on D. There are a few reasons for optimism.

Collective lack of confidence? Are you Rooneys secretary?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I never said anything of what you're claiming.

You provided anecdotes based off speculation you read on a message board.
How would you know that Tomlin let's the coordinators do an the work so he can do nothing? Similarly, how do you know that Reid does any work when he has the best OC in the league?
Literally every post is of yours is your odd
ideas to drive the narrative that Tomlin does nothing. In reality his career is almost identical to other good coaches in the league like Payton and Reid. Yes most coaches have an expiration date. But to say Tomlin has done nothing is nonsense.

Your quote to me Dec 21...I had to dig it up but Yeah ya did.. Also Look how dumb you sound:laugh:

Coach Clown City cannot hold anyone's clipboard other than Gase's. Clown might be 31 ahead of Gase

Last edited:

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I actually don't mind Brady. New England was extremely easy to hate, from head coach to fans.

But Brady never did anything but was extremely talented. Kind of reminds me of Crosby to be honest.

Part of the reason I hated him so much is because he was repping Boston (more or less), and I just hate Boston sports teams (even though I don't pay as much attention as I used to as I get older) as a matter of course.

Now that he's not there anymore, I'm not really bothered by him.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Part of the reason I hated him so much is because he was repping Boston (more or less), and I just hate Boston sports teams (even though I don't pay as much attention as I used to as I get older) as a matter of course.

Now that he's not there anymore, I'm not really bothered by him.

That his going to the Superbowl gives Boston fans indigestion and exposes their cheat head coach as riding Brady's coat tails actually makes me like him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatty McLardy

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Crazy stats I heard on PMT this morning:

If Brady wins, he will have more SB wins than any franchise in the NFL. If Mahomes wins, he’ll be the first QB to win MVP or SB in each of his first 3 seasons as a starter, and he’ll also be the youngest QB to win multiple SBs.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
own being petty and never rooting for Tom Brady. While I'm
I'm in the same boat, as I'm sure most people are. I don't want Brady to win because he's already won too much. He's too good. Let someone else win dammit.

KC has an exciting team and some likeable stars like Mahomes and Kelce. Go Chiefs.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Since when do people brag about living in Florida?

Lmao I moved not far from Tampa 4 yrs ago after spending 30 yrs in Pittsburgh minus my time in the marines...

And I have to agree with this post.

The tempature in the winter is definitely brag worthy at times.

But the humidity and heat from May to September is disgustingly brutal. Also, there are alot of goofy MFers that live down here, and insects big enough to rob you at gunpoint.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Lmao I moved not far from Tampa 4 yrs ago after spending 30 yrs in Pittsburgh minus my time in the marines...

But the humidity and heat from May to September is disgustingly brutal. Also, there are alot of goofy MFers that live down here, and insects big enough to rob you at gunpoint.
I was mostly just joking. I've only ever been to Key West and Disney World as a kid, neither of which I would consider actual Florida, so I don't know enough to say. Florida is just the go-to state for a cheap punchline and the Florida Man Challenge is a thing for a reason :laugh:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I was just having a convo with my cousin who lives in LA the other day and he was making a joke about it being cold in Pgh... I told him I felt sorry for him living in the smog and heat out there.

Just shows how different we all are, but anything above 75f makes me miserable as hell.

I love the cold and can’t wait to move back up to Canada TBTH.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I'm in the same boat, as I'm sure most people are. I don't want Brady to win because he's already won too much. He's too good. Let someone else win dammit.

KC has an exciting team and some likeable stars like Mahomes and Kelce. Go Chiefs.

Travis Kelce isn’t likeable at all...he’s a giant douche

Reactions: Khelandros
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad