Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sodfather

Jan 19, 2021
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Rooney/Media

Ben is throwing so quickly - LOL
Ben's arm is almost as strong as it's ever been - LOL
Ben's in great shape! - LOL who's the comparison?

Huge laughs. I'm not excited about Ben playing next year. I don't need to see advanced metrics or pour over volumes of stats to know that what I saw the last six games stunk on ice. An adequate running game will help, but their failures were more than just what the offense was doing. We saw a cross section of what life will be like without DuPree opposite of Watt. I think Alex Highsmith will be a solid pro, but he's not a one for one replacement of Bud. He's small and I don't think he'll hold up to the grind of the NFL. Basically, I don't think their defense is anything special after they lose their FA's which means Ben and the offensive unit will have to win track meets against a loaded schedule and I don't see that ending well.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I mean, it is an extremely stretched comparison obviously. But I have said the same with both Jones and Trask.

Teams are looking at the wrong skills to prioritize and are going to be shocked when one, if not both of these guys, end up among the top tier quarterbacks.

Trask would be in the exact same talk as Jones if he had not had a bad bowl game when half his team sat out and skipped the senior bowl.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I mean, it is an extremely stretched comparison obviously. But I have said the same with both Jones and Trask.

Teams are looking at the wrong skills to prioritize and are going to be shocked when one, if not both of these guys, end up among the top tier quarterbacks.

Trask would be in the exact same talk as Jones if he had not had a bad bowl game when half his team sat out and skipped the senior bowl.

He's not a real man till he can put on a pair of Air Bens :laugh:

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009

I'm pretty high on Trask. If the Steelers took him in the first, I'd be pretty happy with it

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Still a lot to figure out. DeShaun Watson getting traded would potentially drop out a team, and teams that need a QB could draft him in the first (New England and Chicago are teams I'd look out for in the first). My worry would be Atlanta. I can't see them passing up on him if he's there in the 2nd unless they go QB in the first but all the rumor seem to be them trying to trade down so that doesn't seem likely. I think it'd be better value and safer for the Steelers to just take him in the first then maybe move up a bit in the second to grab a LT

Last edited:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Still a lot to figure out. DeShaun Watson getting traded would potentially drop out a team, and teams that need a QB could draft him in the first (New England and Chicago are teams I'd look out for in the first). My worry would be Atlanta. I can't see them passing up on him if he's there in the 2nd unless they go QB in the first but all the rumor seem to be them trying to trade down so that doesn't seem likely. I think it'd be better value and safer for the Steelers to just take him in the first then maybe move up a bit in the second to grab a LT

I’ve seen way more about Atlanta moving up to draft Wilson then I have seen about them moving down

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Using his Pelaton profile to eliminate teams from FA is hilarious

It is but I'm also just not big on this kind of branding.

The attempt for football players (and baseball players) to basketball-ize themselves is sad and won't work.

The tip top basketball players get recruited to these teams because there are max contracts which are below their actual on-court value. Not so with the NFL.

Reactions: That1Kid

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
It is but I'm also just not big on this kind of branding.

The attempt for football players (and baseball players) to basketball-ize themselves is sad and won't work.

The tip top basketball players get recruited to these teams because there are max contracts which are below their actual on-court value. Not so with the NFL.

Lol turns out that was BS anyways

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Lol turns out that was BS anyways

Hah. Either way it is kind of silly.

It only makes sense when an athlete is big enough with off the field endorsements to take a huge pay cut. Which maybe is what JJ is at.

Like the players trying to recruit Watson and Wilson as though their teams wont have to gut their rosters to get them.

Tyler Glasnow was part of the contingent recruiting Chris Archer to the Pirates on social media and then was traded for Chris Archer lol. Oh wait I actually need to cry about that one.

The artificial max salary in basketball does create a sort of reality show/soap opera for the top 20-25 players but that just isn't the case in the other sports. In the NHL we have the 20% max but only maybe McDavid and Mackinnon are worth that.

Reactions: That1Kid

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don’t understand Arizona whatsoever. Had a chance to play in Pitt with TJ or go to someplace like Green Bay/Buffalo. Instead picks Arizona.. who might be.... the third best team in the division? And that might not even be accurate.

Reactions: Son Goku

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm actually starting to read Zaven Collins to the Steelers enough that I'm starting to want to see it.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I really don’t see a need to draft defense in the first two days

I see tons of mocks having us draft a LB early. Even in the 1st. Unless Bush isn't recovered, or they think we're dumping Williams for cap reasons ... I don't get it.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I guess Watt doesn’t care about winning.

That’s way too much for a guy whose body is broken down like Watt.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I see tons of mocks having us draft a LB early. Even in the 1st. Unless Bush isn't recovered, or they think we're dumping Williams for cap reasons ... I don't get it.

Even if they cut Williams, they could just re-sign Williamson. I think a lot of them are operating under the assumption that losing Dupree creates a huge hole. I guess they didn't notice how well Highsmith performed after he went down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad