The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers/Football talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I haven't seen a lot of posts about Trey Hill out of Georgia. I think he's been very underrated throughout his career and would be a savvy pick anywhere between the 2nd round to 3rd. He played C last season but in the past has played G. If the team can sign a hypothetical fa like Finney who is a likely cut then I think having a multi position guy like Hill could be very valuable.

In my perfect world I would be a big fan of signing a low cost free agent C, trading down, and doing something like Travis Etienne and Trey Hill in the second. Maybe it can be argued Etienne is a first round talent, but I think if you miss out on Harris or Leatherwood there's better value in the second for who you may consider taking.

Yes to Trey Hill. Hell no to Etienne

Reactions: USMC607

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Passing on a talented QB because he can’t run a 4.5 the 2020s equivalent of passing on a talented QB because of rumors he likes a little booger sugar in the 1980s

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Passing on a talented QB because he can’t run a 4.5 the 2020s equivalent of passing on a talented QB because of rumors he likes a little booger sugar in the 1980s

Passing on Mac Jones because Alabama is a f'ing juggernaut all-star team and even the higher-regarded NFL prospect (Tua) looks ehhhhhhhhhhh at the NFL level though?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The two have different skill sets. Jones' sets him up to be a better pro

How are they different?

I know there's gradations of pocket-passing QBs but I don't find Jones to be fundamentally different from Tua at all.

It's definitely tough to evaluate the QB from a juggernaut vs. the juggernaut itself. Burrow was the QB of a juggernaut but did enough to where evaluators are convinced that he was captaining the ship. Jones they are more divided on. I guess that's the difference between #1 and #...8-#20 or wherever Jones goes.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Air Bens on the rise: Look at the craftsmanship on these beauts. There is no question who is gonna QB for the Steelers this year!

wpe4dbdb26_0f.jpg

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Yes to Trey Hill. Hell no to Etienne

Agree on Etienne.

Struggles in pass blocking, some ball security issues, and there is a ALOT of miles on those tires already.

Harris or J. Williams would be my top 2.

Stevenson (OU) and Sermon (OSU) would be my 3rd round or later picks. Stevenson was suspended, Sermons injury and lack of pass catching. So there are a few ?s with them.

Jaret Patterson from Buffalo intrigues me too. But his size and the competition he went up against is suspect.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I know we need a QB eventually but with Ben not leaving.

I'd rather get a Stud RB like Harris and stock up on Oline since it's such a deep position this yr and will have solid guys left even in rounds 3-4.

Then 2022 draft when we most likely have better draft position due to the difficulty of our schedule this yr, and the loss of all of UFAs due to no cap. Go after a QB then.

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
He'll be fine once they get him in a pair of Air Bens.

Funny you should mention that. Quick question.

Should I get myself a pair of Jordan's? They sell them at Dicks, right?

And how deeply should I crease them up? A little or a lot?

It would be my first pair and I don't want to look foolish.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Little crease actually might look cool.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
How are they different?

I know there's gradations of pocket-passing QBs but I don't find Jones to be fundamentally different from Tua at all.

It's definitely tough to evaluate the QB from a juggernaut vs. the juggernaut itself. Burrow was the QB of a juggernaut but did enough to where evaluators are convinced that he was captaining the ship. Jones they are more divided on. I guess that's the difference between #1 and #...8-#20 or wherever Jones goes.

Jones reads the field well and works through his progressions at a pretty advanced level. He also has a stronger arm

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

When I was like 12-13, I blew my entire savings on a pair of Air Jordans. I thought they were the coolest shit and would clean them everyday.

Now I wouldn’t be caught dead in a pair.

You know what would make my day-Air Bens that have customized old rebook pumps. You pump and then up up away!

My buddy had a pair of those pumps... when we played pickup football he would pump them up before every play like it gave him super powers.

One time a dude hit him so hard, one of his pumps went flying off and broke. Everyone couldn’t stop laughing at him for like a week.

To this day that is legit one of the funniest things I ever saw.

Reactions: Hungamania

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Zaven Collins to Pittsburgh is something I'm seeing a bit more now.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Agree on Etienne.

Struggles in pass blocking, some ball security issues, and there is a ALOT of miles on those tires already.

Harris or J. Williams would be my top 2.

Stevenson (OU) and Sermon (OSU) would be my 3rd round or later picks. Stevenson was suspended, Sermons injury and lack of pass catching. So there are a few ?s with them.

Jaret Patterson from Buffalo intrigues me too. But his size and the competition he went up against is suspect.

Harris, Williams, Carter, and Sermon are my top 4 3-down NFL backs. I don’t even rate Etienne as a 3-down back in the NFL. The minuscule chance he’s the next Kamara simply isn’t worth the Steelers time to think about

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
There is potential for the Steelers to have two 3rds, 4th, and 5th round comp picks in 2022. That would help the cause.

Reactions: KIRK and That1Kid

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I don't think a team can be awarded more than 3 or did they change it?

They cannot be awarded more than 4.

I'm curious if a team were to hire Khan if that counts towards the 4 count though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad