The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I honestly think Gruden would pony up one of his 1sts.

I’m honestly not sure a team like Oakland or Arizona would be that interested in him though. They are pretty much rebuilding from the ground up and I don’t think he puts them in the playoff conversation so I’m not sure they would pony up draft picks and go away from their draft process

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Ya the asking price was multiple 1sts like Mack from what I heard or a high 1st and a solid WR coming back.

If they thought that was going to be realistic....well... are any of us suprised.

They will get a mid 1st and a 4th or later pick.

OR

A late 1st and a 3rd or later pick.

That's about as best as they get.

Reactions: KIRK

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Lol our pathetic owner looks like an idiot after his latest comments about Brown. It’s clear that no other team is offering much for AB, so Artie has to try to save face. He failed.

He was better off in hiding.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Lol our pathetic owner looks like an idiot after his latest comments about Brown. It’s clear that no other team is offering much for AB, so Artie has to try to save face. He failed.

He was better off in hiding.

Pathetic is perfect to describe him. The run is over.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Suspect there will be a nice offer for AB.

FWIW though think about S Holmes and Wallace. Never much after they were traded. Sorta makes you appreciate Ben.

Do hate to see AB go. Incredible talent.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Pathetic is perfect to describe him. The run is over.

What run?

They never even sniffed a SB with these selfish me first clowns. I’m happy as hell to see this org start over and rid themselves of Bell, Bryant and hopefully Brown.

The dumbest shit they can do is bring Brown back. If they do, then I’ll know this org has finally and truly lost its way.

FWIW though think about S Holmes and Wallace. Never much after they were traded. Sorta makes you appreciate Ben.

So was Moss and TO.

They all share one thing in common and have plenty of room on their fingers for extra bling.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
AB still pushing for the Niners.

He does know he's not a free agent right?

If he really wants out and there is no reconciliation. He goes to the best offer, and since I'm petty he goes to the best offer from the worst team unless the better team blows you away with theirs.

But I said this before, because of the way Brown is acting. When the 49ers call I say 2nd over all pick or dont call back. Because I'll be a MFer if I give him what he wants.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016

Credit to the Steelers for doing an overall solid job at drafting WR's.

Agree I will hate to see him go... it's just different losing a talent like that. Holmes and Wallace obviously aren't on AB's level, and while Sanders has flourished in Denver, we haven't griped too much about missing him thanks in large part to AB. My biggest hope if he goes is that James Washington is able to step up... he did show some signs in the New England game, at least.

Regardless, losing AB really hurts the WR corps, and they'll need to bring in someone else who won't be a real exciting name I'm sure. However... thinking about how they won't have to worry about his BS off the field, and on the field we won't have to worry about Ben forcing it to AB so much... it really should do them better in the long-run.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If he really wants out and there is no reconciliation. He goes to the best offer, and since I'm petty he goes to the best offer from the worst team unless the better team blows you away with theirs.

But I said this before, because of the way Brown is acting. When the 49ers call I say 2nd over all pick or dont call back. Because I'll be a MFer if I give him what he wants.

You don’t give him what he wants but you also don’t take the best offer...you take only an offer that’s good enough to make you part with him...keep him if it’s not a first +

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

Then they hang up and never call back because they would be incredibly dumb to trade the 2nd overall pick for a cancerous diva on the wrong side of 30. I actually think John Lynch would laugh at Colbert if that’s how the phone call went

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You don’t give him what he wants but you also don’t take the best offer...you take only an offer that’s good enough to make you part with him...keep him if it’s not a first +

I'm not married to a 1st per se. The value, be it a 1st + or equivalent, sure. BUT, a 1st per se. Not as much, not with the way the Steelers draft. IF the other team wants to bring a high 2nd, another pick (either a 3rd this year or a 2nd next year), and a player who addresses a need to the table, that's the equivalent of a 1st +.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not married to a 1st per se. The value, be it a 1st + or equivalent, sure. BUT, a 1st per se. Not as much, not with the way the Steelers draft. IF the other team wants to bring a high 2nd, another pick (either a 3rd this year or a 2nd next year), and a player who addresses a need to the table, that's the equivalent of a 1st +.

That’s fine...the point is, get a good return for him if he’s going to be traded...don’t trade him if the best offer is a fourth round pick just to trade him...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That’s fine...the point is, get a good return for him if he’s going to be traded...don’t trade him if the best offer is a fourth round pick just to trade him...

Oh **** no. It does get a little more complicated if the offer is somewhere in between though.

PERSONALLY, I think there's a deal to be done with San Francisco.

I think Gruden would give up one of his firsts (yes, I know, rebuilding team, but they need help, they need 'personalities' for the move to Vegas, and Gruden loves him).

I wouldn't count out Green Bay with the extra first.

I wouldn't count out Indy. Yes, not their style, but the Hilton connection, what their offense COULD be with that move (considered in conjunction with how it looked in the playoffs when Hilton got hurt), and #26 and #34 puts them in a POSSIBLY category for me.

We've heard the Denver talk. I think it's legit. Not sure if they'd pay the price, but from THEIR papers and bloggers, everyone is talking #41, so there's a starting point that is one good piece away from getting to the table.

I've seen some Philly rumblings. Not sure IF it's their style/overly serious, but dude would take their offense to another level.

Heard a little Detroit too. Stafford needs help, but I'm not sure Patricia would want to go that way.

Yeah, I think we're late 1st plus in terms of the return IF the Steelers want to pull the trigger. I'm not buying the top 10 pipe dreams or the just a 2nd talk.

Wouldn't 100% count out AB + Steelers 1st in a trade up about a dozen slots.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
'It's probably over': How it has gone wrong with Antonio Brown and the Steelers

That's a pretty good read.

" One league exec classified Brown's trade market as small but strong. A general manager believes both sides will reconcile. Teams believed to be one piece away could consider giving up a first-round pick for him."

There's your rationale for Indy and GB.

And your confirmation about where the market for AB is. Not pipe dream top 5 pick crap. Not @MurrKess3081 'you'd be lucky to get a 2nd' territory.

Reactions: Andy99

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

" One league exec classified Brown's trade market as small but strong. A general manager believes both sides will reconcile. Teams believed to be one piece away could consider giving up a first-round pick for him."

And your confirmation about where the market for AB is. Not pipe dream top 5 pick crap. Not @MurrKess3081 'you'd be lucky to get a 2nd' territory.

I was more in the you’d be lucky to get a first for him territory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

AB and LVB are psychopaths. Anyone seeking them out are just going to over-spend and cause nothing but overall disappointment.
When teams sign either, they will rue the day.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Then they hang up and never call back because they would be incredibly dumb to trade the 2nd overall pick for a cancerous diva on the wrong side of 30. I actually think John Lynch would laugh at Colbert if that’s how the phone call went

And?

I dont expect a top 10 pick for him.

Hopefully neither do they. But if the rumors of them expecting 2 1sts is true then who knows.

My point was it will take an extreme overpayment for me to trade AB to the team he WANTS to go to, after all the shit he has pulled.

If they say no and dont call back so be it. Send him to the worst team with the best offer your willing to except.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
QUOTE="USMC607, post: 155567085, member: 193845"]And?

I dont expect a top 10 pick for him.
Send him to the worst team with the best offer your willing to except.[/QUOTE]
just take the best we can get and think how lucky we've been to of had him for all those great years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad