The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
If Pitt BBall had any semblance of a solid 3 point shooter and didnt turn it over so much they may have had a chance tonight.

Coach Capel has them on the right path though. Hope he can recruit...

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
If Pitt BBall had any semblance of a solid 3 point shooter and didnt turn it over so much they may have had a chance tonight.

Coach Capel has them on the right path though. Hope he can recruit...
More than just that, they need some sort of an inside presence. Their whole offense seems to be having their freshmen drive to the basket.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
More than just that, they need some sort of an inside presence. Their whole offense seems to be having their freshmen drive to the basket.

Someone with some meat on their bones inside would be nice too.

But yea their whole offense is run and layup, or the running lob shot.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Lol you guys sound like caps/flyer fans with your conspiracy theories. Bottom line is you don't like Patriots is because the GOAT has made Bergerboy and the steelers his *****es. If our tub of lard of a quarterback had an ounce of leadership that the GOAT has, we've might have made the playoffs but instead he just goes on his radio show and constantly throws teammates under the bus while never taking responsibility for the countless interceptions he throws..

lol

read wexall's story before sporting the same garbage every yinzer throws out there

Easy to blame Roethlisberger, but that doesn't mean it's right

PS. how well did the GOATest lead his team while nursing an injury in NYC, the weekend before one of the biggest SB choke jobs in history

Last edited:

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
The penalty they called on Haden on 4th down in that game was absolutely not a bad call. He was all over Thomas. If you want to say the refs waited to throw the flag based on if he caught it or not then I can buy that. But that was a penalty without a doubt

there was up close video replay of the ball being tipped at the line. you could see it change direction. when they asked tuiit what did he do about it, he replied I told the ref I tipped the ball.
the refs response "oh, i didn't see it tipped"
as if they they don't have a reply they can review. WTF?

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
there was up close video replay of the ball being tipped at the line. you could see it change direction. when they asked tuiit what did he do about it, he replied I told the ref I tipped the ball.
the refs response "oh, i didn't see it tipped"
as if they they don't have a reply they can review. WTF?

One of the guys on the fan said they asked Tuitt if he tipped it and he said that he didn’t

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It’s been far too quiet without Art Rooney screwing up. Just wait for the Tomlin extension that will top off the worst managed team in the NFL.

Reactions: Pengwins

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Steelers' Surprising Trade Situation With Antonio Brown

Wait, so teams aren’t offering much for a 31 year old locker room cancer? I mean I was sure he would get a ton because a receiver who is much younger then him and has no issues or attitude problems off the field got a first round pick... I mean I’m in total disbelief

What's 'much'? The problem with a one line tweet is that it doesn't give you a reference point. IF they were thinking top 10 pick value or close-- and I think it's safe to say they are THAT dumb-- then your post is hyperbole. IF they were looking for a late 1st or comparable value, THEN you'd have a point. Unfortunately, a one line tweet doesn't tell you which scenario we're talking about.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
The article says multiple 1st and a WR. You got to start high to work down to what's reasonable. I'd be happy with a 1 swap of 1st for somebody with a Top 10 pick and their 2nd. That mainly depends on if they think Devin White is worth moving up for to get in front of Bengals. I just got a bad taste on Louisiana players; Wallace, Kennan Lewis, Bradshaw(after retirement).

Reactions: KIRK

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
What's 'much'? The problem with a one line tweet is that it doesn't give you a reference point. IF they were thinking top 10 pick value or close-- and I think it's safe to say they are THAT dumb-- then your post is hyperbole. IF they were looking for a late 1st or comparable value, THEN you'd have a point. Unfortunately, a one line tweet doesn't tell you which scenario we're talking about.

I’m thinking the market might be more limited then a lot of people speculated. I think the teams are San Francisco, Denver and a dark horse would be Chicago

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I’m thinking the market might be more limited then a lot of people speculated. I think the teams are San Francisco, Denver and a dark horse would be Chicago

@SouthGeorge read the article a little more closely than I and caught the part about speculation being that the Steelers ask is multiple 1sts and a WR. At that price, I suspect the market would be quite limited. As in nobody.

At something along the lines of what @SouthGeorge or me thinks is reasonable (a later 1st or equivalent value), I think you'll find buyers, and there will be more candidates than the three you cite.

Reactions: SouthGeorge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->