The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Switch coaches for the last couple of decades, same teams exactly, and the records and Super bowls not only would be reversed but the Steelers would have won more.

You can have the greatest coaches in the world but in the end, the players have to go out on the field and perform and Ben doesn't come anywhere close to the GOAT despite having two stud #1 Wr's.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Switch coaches for the last couple of decades, same teams exactly, and the records and Super bowls not only would be reversed but the Steelers would have won more.
Yeah, Belichick is a massive difference maker. You can't underestimate what he's done as a defensive mind against great offenses like the greatest show on turf Rams, the Peyton Manning Colts teams and the first half of that Chiefs game the other day. It's just masterful defensive coaching. His teams are ridiculously well prepared to play.

Brady deserves a lot of credit though. He is one of the most clutch athletes I've ever seen. He reminds me of Michael Jordan with the ball in his hand late in the game.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah, Belichick is a massive difference maker. You can't underestimate what he's done as a defensive mind against great offenses like the greatest show on turf Rams, the Peyton Manning Colts teams and the first half of that Chiefs game the other day. It's just masterful defensive coaching. His teams are ridiculously well prepared to play.

Brady deserves a lot of credit though. He is one of the most clutch athletes I've ever seen. He reminds me of Michael Jordan with the ball in his hand late in the game.

I agree with both of your points and STILL stand by every word of my post.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017

Bradys been bailing Belicheck out for last few years, lets look at early as last year, Belichecks defense gave up 400 yards to a back up quarterback in the SB. Brady had the best game any QB has ever had throwing over 500 yards (despite missing his jack of all trades WR in Edelman then Cooks for most of the game) which should've won him his 6th ring but his coach failed him by inexplicably benching their best DB and giving up 3 tds to Nick foles and over 150 to the run.

Now let's go to the last game, Brady and company kept the KC offense off the field for most of the game but when they needed Belichecks defense the most, it failed once again, giving up 24 points in the 4th quarter alone. That's horrendous defense. Luckily, the GOAT once again bailed him out leading his team down the field scoring on final two drives. Going for impossibly great 9 for 13 on 3rd downs..

Belicheck was nothing special as a headcoach before Brady, he should thank his lucky stars The GOAT blessed him with 5 SB rings. About to be 6 if he doesn't f*** Brady over again..

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Lol you guys sound like caps/flyer fans with your conspiracy theories. Bottom line is you don't like Patriots is because the GOAT has made Bergerboy and the steelers his *****es. If our tub of lard of a quarterback had an ounce of leadership that the GOAT has, we've might have made the playoffs but instead he just goes on his radio show and constantly throws teammates under the bus while never taking responsibility for the countless interceptions he throws..
No agenda here folks...

Reactions: lastcupever75

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
No agenda here folks...

No agenda. I'm a lifelong steelers fan, just not a fan of our QB throwing his teammates under the bus, no wonder Brown wants to bail, like I said, players and coaches from all over the league not just the Pats, have raved about Brady's leadership, you won't hear many say the same about Big Ben, in fact they've said the opposite about him. You don't want to admit that because you hate Brady so much.. Hell, you called him a system QB and anyone can do what he did under that system, so clearly you're the one with an agenda.

Last edited:
Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Bradys been bailing Belicheck out for last few years, lets look at early as last year, Belichecks defense gave up 400 yards to a back up quarterback in the SB. Brady had the best game any QB has ever had throwing over 500 yards (despite missing his jack of all trades WR in Edelman then Cooks for most of the game) which should've won him his 6th ring but his coach failed him by inexplicably benching their best DB and giving up 3 tds to Nick foles and over 150 to the run.

Now let's go to the last game, Brady and company kept the KC offense off the field for most of the game but when they needed Belichecks defense the most, it failed once again, giving up 24 points in the 4th quarter alone. That's horrendous defense. Luckily, the GOAT once again bailed him out leading his team down the field scoring on final two drives. Going for impossibly great 9 for 13 on 3rd downs..

Belicheck was nothing special as a headcoach before Brady, he should thank his lucky stars The GOAT blessed him with 5 SB rings. About to be 6 if he doesn't **** Brady over again..

Belicheck made a sorry Cleveland roster pretty competitive

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Did anyone argue that Ben was better than Brady?

Ben may be underrated (especially by some here), and The Steelers have been so lucky to have him, but Brady is better and I didn't see anyone disputing that.

Move beyond Brady though and the Steelers during the Brady era have been HUGELY stacked in talent compared to the New England teams. It isn't even close.

Coaching has always been the major difference. The gap between Brady and Ben is miniscule by comparison.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Did anyone argue that Ben was better than Brady?

Ben may be underrated (especially by some here), and The Steelers have been so lucky to have him, but Brady is better and I didn't see anyone disputing that.

Move beyond Brady though and the Steelers during the Brady era have been HUGELY stacked in talent compared to the New England teams. It isn't even close.

Coaching has always been the major difference. The gap between Brady and Ben is miniscule by comparison.

You're right and who's fault is that for not surrounding Brady with better talent than other teams in their Conference..instead they stuck him with some undrafted undersized slow receivers And Brady still overcame that.

Last edited:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
So Saints fans have a petition to replay the game and Michael Thomas says Goodell should reverse the decision while Andy Reid is whining that the ref should have warned Dee Ford that he is offsides. :nopity:

Then I guess we Steeler fans should start a petition to replay the Chargers and Saints game as well. Also if you need to be warned on how to lineup at the line of scrimmage then you have bigger problems than playing football.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
So Saints fans have a petition to replay the game and Michael Thomas says Goodell should reverse the decision while Andy Reid is whining that the ref should have warned Dee Ford that he is offsides. :nopity:

Then I guess we Steeler fans should start a petition to replay the Chargers and Saints game as well. Also if you need to be warned on how to lineup at the line of scrimmage then you have bigger problems than playing football.

I see a lot of people talking about the bad calls in the Chargers and Saints game like they are comparable to a missed PI call that happened with 1:42 left in the 4th quarter of a conference championship game. The missed false start against the Chargers came in the first quarter I believe and at that point the Steelers were up 13-7 and then went into halftime up 23-7. Saying that call cost them the game is just silly. Same with the garbage call on Haden against the Saints. It came in the first quarter fairly early in the game and to blame that loss on that specific play is also silly. They are in no way comparable to a call that literally prevented the Saints from draining pretty much the remainder of the clock in the 4th quarter of the game that would send them to the Super Bowl. The Andy Reid thing is really stupid on his part though. I have never in my life seen an official warn a defender for being offsides before a play started. Pay attention to where you are lined up. It’s pretty simple

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The Pats may lack talent, as in atheletic talent, but they have smart, cerebral football players.

Brady having “midget” receivers isn’t holding it back, it works to his advantage because the SYSTEM that has been put into place is built around that.

The Pats draft or pick up smart players that they plug in and get the most out of before they start costing too much and then discard them and plug someone else in. I can point to any number of former Pats at the RB or WR position that haven’t or didn’t do squat once they left the system.

The key to NE’s success is that they are able to get the most out of their players because they get them to buy into the system. There is no room for error. There is no time for “look at me, me, me”. There is no player that is above anyone else and thus gets away with whatever. The damn team is structured like a military unit and there is no room for f*** ups.

You obviously have a hard on for Ben and that’s fine. There is plenty of criticism to go around. But Ben is every bit as physically gifted as anyone else in the league. What has been holding him and the team as a whole back all these years is the dumbasses in charge. The circus that has been allowed to grow, unchecked by Tomlin, has hamstrung this team time and time again. The Pats don’t have shit like this to deal with because they don’t tolerate it. It’s obvious that you blame Ben and absolve AB for the whole shit show but Brown has been running the wrong routes for years now. That was, what, his 8th year in the league and he is STILL running the wrong routes? Meanwhile, the Pats’ players are learning new schemes literally every week.

No, the Steelers woes are the result of dumbasses in the coaching department and dumbass players.

Brady is good, but he’s not any better than any other TOP TIER QB out there. He simply plays for coaches that actually hold people accountable and with players that are smart and focused.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
To be fair, there were multiple bad PI calls in the Steelers/Saints game. One came at the end. Steelers had them stopped on 4th and 2 I believe, until the penalty, which led ultimately to their game winning TD, JuJu fumble, etc.

So while I agree with you about the Chargers game, the Saints game was different.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
To be fair, there were multiple bad PI calls in the Steelers/Saints game. One came at the end. Steelers had them stopped on 4th and 2 I believe, until the penalty, which led ultimately to their game winning TD, JuJu fumble, etc.

So while I agree with you about the Chargers game, the Saints game was different.

The penalty they called on Haden on 4th down in that game was absolutely not a bad call. He was all over Thomas. If you want to say the refs waited to throw the flag based on if he caught it or not then I can buy that. But that was a penalty without a doubt

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
The Saints rams game was 100 times worse than anything thay happened to the Steelers this year. All those bad calls were early. Also the Saints didnt lose to shit teams like the Raiders that ultimately cost the Steelers the Playoffs.

Steelers have no one to blame but themselves while the saints were 100 percent going to win the game if one of the worse PIS I've ever seen was called. Also helmet to helmet.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
The Pats may lack talent, as in atheletic talent, but they have smart, cerebral football players.

Brady having “midget” receivers isn’t holding it back, it works to his advantage because the SYSTEM that has been put into place is built around that.

The Pats draft or pick up smart players that they plug in and get the most out of before they start costing too much and then discard them and plug someone else in. I can point to any number of former Pats at the RB or WR position that haven’t or didn’t do squat once they left the system.

The key to NE’s success is that they are able to get the most out of their players because they get them to buy into the system. There is no room for error. There is no time for “look at me, me, me”. There is no player that is above anyone else and thus gets away with whatever. The damn team is structured like a military unit and there is no room for **** ups.

You obviously have a hard on for Ben and that’s fine. There is plenty of criticism to go around. But Ben is every bit as physically gifted as anyone else in the league. What has been holding him and the team as a whole back all these years is the dumbasses in charge. The circus that has been allowed to grow, unchecked by Tomlin, has hamstrung this team time and time again. The Pats don’t have **** like this to deal with because they don’t tolerate it. It’s obvious that you blame Ben and absolve AB for the whole **** show but Brown has been running the wrong routes for years now. That was, what, his 8th year in the league and he is STILL running the wrong routes? Meanwhile, the Pats’ players are learning new schemes literally every week.

No, the Steelers woes are the result of dumbasses in the coaching department and dumbass players.

Brady is good, but he’s not any better than any other TOP TIER QB out there. He simply plays for coaches that actually hold people accountable and with players that are smart and focused.

I can't take anything you say seriously when you say things like this...and i have nothing against Big Ben, he's a great Quarterback but he also happens to be one of the worst leaders in the league at that position, its ok to admit that. Its not gonna make you any less of a Steeler fan.

Reactions: zero8771
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad