The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
In regards to all the reports saying the Steelers absolutely do not want to trade AB to the Patriots, do the Patriots even want him? I don't see why they would.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
In regards to all the reports saying the Steelers absolutely do not want to trade AB to the Patriots, do the Patriots even want him? I don't see why they would.

I bet they would make the call and offer something like a 5th round pick. The Patriots history has shown they are willing to take on headcases at very minimal risk (Moss for a 4th and Gordon for a 5th)

Anita L

Jan 29, 2019
the Patriots took other head cases kept them around long enough to help the team a little bit then sent them packing

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Cincy is looking to trade John Ross. There’s another option we could look into.

Last edited:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
the Patriots took other head cases kept them around long enough to help the team a little bit then sent them packing

But the most they gave up for those headcases was a 4th round pick for Randy Moss. They take on headcases at the lowest possible risk to them so they can cut bait if they don’t work out. They aren’t the team that will offer anything substantial to the Steelers

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I bet they would make the call and offer something like a 5th round pick. The Patriots history has shown they are willing to take on headcases at very minimal risk (Moss for a 4th and Gordon for a 5th)
That offer would be an insult, coming from them.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Apparently the 49ers have NOT called about AB. I still hope we just keep him if it comes down to only rival teams offering a 4th or 5th round pick.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Apparently the 49ers have NOT called about AB. I still hope we just keep him if it comes down to only rival teams offering a 4th or 5th round pick.

Meh, no team can say much of anything about AB right now. If they come out and says they are interested or want AB they would be walking a thin line of possibly being accused of tampering.

We wont for sure which teams are interested until the start of the league new yr, and once the trade negotiations start to get into later phases.

Reports are that the offers have picked up from the original 3 teams. So I guess we will see.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Meh, no team can say much of anything about AB right now. If they come out and says they are interested or want AB they would be walking a thin line of possibly being accused of tampering.

We wont for sure which teams are interested until the start of the league new yr, and once the trade negotiations start to get into later phases.

Reports are that the offers have picked up from the original 3 teams. So I guess we will see.

It’s all posturing. Other teams don’t want it out there for their competition to know they are looking at AB and the Steelers are going to claim they have a number of teams interested.

Still think it ends up being the Raiders.

- three first rounders
- desperately need a good receiver
- Gruden hates rookies and loves proven vets
- Gruden loves Brown
- Steelers and Raiders have already done business before
- Raiders personna has always been to absorb up the misfits of the league

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
It’s all posturing. Other teams don’t want it out there for their competition to know they are looking at AB and the Steelers are going to claim they have a number of teams interested.

Still think it ends up being the Raiders.

- three first rounders
- desperately need a good receiver
- Gruden hates rookies and loves proven vets
- Gruden loves Brown
- Steelers and Raiders have already done business before
- Raiders personna has always been to absorb up the misfits of the league

I also feel it's going to be Oakland.

AB can look across the Golden Gate bridge and stare at San Fran too.

So theres always that.

Reactions: FlightlessBird

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

they will definitely look into it if the price is cheap, which I doubt will be the case especially coming from the Steelers (in conference)
I saw a report that the Pats had their eye on Golden Tate of the Eagles

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
People may not like what the Pens do sometimes but man, thank the Lord the Steelers don't own the Pens. Michel Therrien would probably still be here...and I like Therrien..maybe not 15 years of him

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
they will definitely look into it if the price is cheap, which I doubt will be the case especially coming from the Steelers (in conference)
I saw a report that the Pats had their eye on Golden Tate of the Eagles

Colbert already said certain teams they dont want AB to go to. - CLV, CIN, BAL, NE would have to pay double.

So nah. NE ain't gonna be in on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad