The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Ding ding ding...assuming I cannot post what I read.

Also, think about someone famous, previously involved in scandals surrounding “relationships” and an incident in Florida...

Ohhhh man I havent found all of it yet but this is crazy John Childs is in on it too, and this thing is all the way up the coast to NYC

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Self defense classes are a good start. I’m a certified Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) instructor. It’s pretty eye opening to see the amount of women who have no clue how to even remotely protect themselves from an attacker. They all wind up loving the class and it culminates with them being able to beat me up in a red man suit. One key point is attacking weaknesses, they lose a force on force situation 9/10 times so they’re taught to attack weak points on men, among other things.

It’s a national program so you should be able to find it for your daughters anywhere. Law Enforcement usually instructs it and men aren’t able to attend for obvious reasons.

Just want to give you a shout for doing that. Pretty awesome. Even if you help one person save themselves, time well spent.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
What ages do girls usually start these classes?

My daughter has been asking to take martial arts classes for awhile, but her hockey schedule makes it really difficult and they are crazy expensive now.

I’d like for both her and my wife to take a self defense class together at some point though.

Usually teens. I’ve taught from 14 to about 70. Local MMA places probably do some type of actual martial arts training which could be good if they want a consistent dedicated program they go to year round. RAD is a shorter class and teaches basic techniques to give them some tools to use. I’d call your local PD and start there. My department has people dedicated to community education that set stuff like this up.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
So is anyone confident that they may force Kraft to sell?, and if he does would he be allowed to sell to his son?

I mean if they made the Panthers owner sell over sexual harrassment I would think Kraft should sell as well.

If he does have to sell and his son buys it, is Kraft still allowed to sit in the owners box and such? I would feel that would be pointless if its allowed.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
So is anyone confident that they may force Kraft to sell?, and if he does would he be allowed to sell to his son?

I mean if they made the Panthers owner sell over sexual harrassment I would think Kraft should sell as well.

If he does have to sell and his son buys it, is Kraft still allowed to sit in the owners box and such? I would feel that would be pointless if its allowed.

Pretty good write up in si on this. It sounds like fine and/or suspension likely but not forced sale based on what they know now

Edit: si link
Understanding Robert Kraft’s charges of prostitution

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Pretty good right up in si on this. It sounds like fine and/or suspension likely but not forced sale based on what they know now

I guess it helps that he got Goddell the job. Seems like there could be backlash against the NFL if they dont though.

How do you make a guy sell for harrassment and you dont for a guy that may be convicted of soliciting prostitution from sex trafficked women?

Crazy.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Usually teens. I’ve taught from 14 to about 70. Local MMA places probably do some type of actual martial arts training which could be good if they want a consistent dedicated program they go to year round. RAD is a shorter class and teaches basic techniques to give them some tools to use. I’d call your local PD and start there. My department has people dedicated to community education that set stuff like this up.

Thx for the info.

I have to look into something, especially by the time my daughter hits her teens.

I know my wife had an ex stalk and attack her when she was living alone in her apt several years before we got together.

She smashed him with a phone and he snapped out of it and left, and went back home. Dude literally drove like five hours to her place after she moved and broke up with him.

So she got really lucky... just never know man. Could be some random creep or a guy a girls dating... like f***...

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Ugh. That’s awful.l, glad she wound up ok. We had a guy drive all the way from Texas back to PA in an attempt to kill his ex. Can never be too prepared. Glad I could give you some info.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Rooney is more concerned about the lack of minority signings and his rule than this shit show of a franchise he is running. As they say it’s starts at the top and honestly he can f right off

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

LOL Goodell and Kraft are bestfriends. You can't tell by the 6 rigged Championships? They won't make him sell.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
So basically Kraft got a happy ending at an Asian Spa. I mean unless they can prove he had something to do with the kidnapping and slavery of these women from a trafficking aspect he will probably get a small fine and be publicly embarrassed that’s it.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
So basically Kraft got a happy ending at an Asian Spa. I mean unless they can prove he had something to do with the kidnapping and slavery of these women from a trafficking aspect he will probably get a small fine and be publicly embarrassed that’s it.

I don't get this logic. Everybody knows those girls come from that background or treated like that. What Kraft thought they go punch out their card and go to their white picket fence every night? If there wasn't scumbags like Kraft who would pay for it then it wouldn't exist. He should get the maximum penalty and be forced to sell his team.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

If they can prove he KNEW they were trafficked his charges would go from soliciting prostitution, to soliciting human trafficking.

He doesnt have to have anything to do with the forced labor and treatment of the girls for his charges to go from

Dirty old man to Evil dirty old man.

Reactions: That1Kid and KIRK

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
If they can prove he KNEW they were trafficked his charges would go from soliciting prostitution, to soliciting human trafficking.

He doesnt have to have anything to do with the forced labor and treatment of the girls for his charges to go from

Dirty old man to Evil dirty old man.

Dudes a billionaire. He could have the baddest ig models wherever he is in the world in hours. It's definitely a lot deeper. The lack of information/coverage since it broke is concerning. Him and Goodell are burying this like the spygate tapes.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
I don't get this logic. Everybody knows those girls come from that background or treated like that. What Kraft thought they go punch out their card and go to their white picket fence every night? If there wasn't scumbags like Kraft who would pay for it then it wouldn't exist. He should get the maximum penalty and be forced to sell his team.

But the problem is a lot of time people escape an even worst existence in a 3rd world country to come to America and be exposed like this. I’m not saying it’s right but I don’t necessarily think most of the girls were kidnaped and brought here. I could be wrong and once again don’t make light of it especially if these girls are underage or held vs their will.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
But the problem is a lot of time people escape an even worst existence in a 3rd world country to come to America and be exposed like this. I’m not saying it’s right but I don’t necessarily think most of the girls were kidnaped and brought here. I could be wrong and once again don’t make light of it especially if these girls are underage or held vs their will.

That's just it while they werent kidnapped, which isnt the only way traffickers operate. They were deceived.

And they were held there against their will.

They approach these girls from the poverty stricken scenario you mentioned in 3rd world countries and are promised the money, freedom, and a better life, if they just come work for these people.

Then they arrive and end up being a prisoner that is forced to perform sex acts unwillingly to men. Refusal to comply normally leads to them to being beaten or worse.

I mean reports are these women were barely allowed minimal hygiene amenities.

Were not allowed to leave the building, so they had to cook meals on hot plates in the back of the building and sleep on the floor of the parlor.

They didnt get to keep any of the money they made.

And they were forced to "service" at least 1500 men a yr. That's basically 4 men a day.

Idk if any of them were underage or not.

But sounds to me like their quality of life didnt improve at all. Minus not having to be forced into sexual acts for old creepy dudes back home like they were here.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Slavery is real and happens on a larger scale than most realize. With that said, a hockey forum really isn't the best place to discuss the subject.

Reactions: 2wayPlay

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@MurrKess3081, reading for you . . .

Steelers hope to ship Antonio Brown to the NFC

Interesting point: If Kevin Colbert admitted 3 teams have reached out about AB, that means 28 haven't. Amazing to think a guy who thought he was being smart would offer such an implied tidbit . . . :popcorn:

EDIT: Seems like the latest chatter is a 2nd as the biggest piece. Seen a few suggest given their win now mode and the fact that they wouldn't play the Steelers for another 4 years, New Orleans makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: That1Kid

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Slavery is real and happens on a larger scale than most realize. With that said, a hockey forum really isn't the best place to discuss the subject.

But then that means we have to discuss the Steelers or Penguins!

:help:

Reactions: DegenX

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016

Interesting point: If Kevin Colbert admitted 3 teams have reached out about AB, that means 28 haven't. Amazing to think a guy who thought he was being smart would offer such an implied tidbit . . . :popcorn:

EDIT: Seems like the latest chatter is a 2nd as the biggest piece. Seen a few suggest given their win now mode and the fact that they wouldn't play the Steelers for another 4 years, New Orleans makes a lot of sense.
In theory, Brown in that offense with Brees and Thomas would be insane. But in practice, I question how well Brown would get along with Sean Payton, and co-exist in an offense that spreads the ball around so much.

As a Kamara owner in fantasy last season, they had a bunch of random dudes like Dan Arnold and Zach Line stealing TD’s from the bigger names (Kamara/Ingram, Thomas). Sure that would bother AB some.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
In theory, Brown in that offense with Brees and Thomas would be insane. But in practice, I question how well Brown would get along with Sean Payton, and co-exist in an offense that spreads the ball around so much.

As a Kamara owner in fantasy last season, they had a bunch of random dudes like Dan Arnold and Zach Line stealing TD’s from the bigger names (Kamara/Ingram, Thomas). Sure that would bother AB some.

Agreed, which is why I was relaying what I'd heard and was focusing more so on perceived potential value.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

At this point as far as where he goes I could really care less.

I just hope, and I know this is petty, that he fails wherever he goes and regrets being a little bitch at the end of his run here.

As far as the 2nd being the biggest piece goes. If it's a high 2nd I'll take it.

Even if it's a mid to late I'm fine with it as long as we get something else like a 3rd or 4th to go with it.

A 2nd and 3rd could do wonders for us.

Use one of the two 2nds plus our 1st to move up in the round if we want someone.

Then use one of our 2 3rds and our other 2nd to move up in that round.

Or we just stand pat and have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and pray to god they hit on at least 2-3 of them.

Reactions: KIRK

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I just pray they dont use that 1st on a WR.

I'd we get another 2nd I would be okay using 1 of them on a WR.

But definitely not the first.

That needs to be ILB, CB, or OLB.

Hopefully we do well in UFA too, with the money we haven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad