The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Dunno, just heard on the radio it was a human sex trafficking ring, so this is no longer funny but messed up.

I said the same thing. I found it hilarious until I found out the girls were trafficked.

Worked 7 days a week.
Allowed only minimal hygiene amenities.
Had to "service" up to 1,500 men a year.
Had to stay at the building, where they had to cook outside or on the back steps, and sleep on the massage parlor tables or floors.

Disgusting.

Reactions: KIRK

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I said the same thing. I found it hilarious until I found out the girls were trafficked.

Worked 7 days a week.
Allowed only minimal hygiene amenities.
Had to "service" up to 1,500 men a year.
Had to stay at the building, where they had to cook outside or on the back steps, and sleep on the massage parlor tables or floors.

Disgusting.

When you have a daughter it hits even harder. Makes me f***ing ill.

The next question is if he knew... because that should be major time behind bars.

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
When you have a daughter it hits even harder. Makes me ****ing ill.

The next question is if he knew... because that should be major time behind bars.

Like everything else in this world he will skate by because he has money.

They already said he was only charged with soliciting prostitution and nothing else.

The max on that is 60 days in jail, 500 dollar fine, and probation.

I guarantee he gets no jail time, pays the meager 500 fine as that is less than pocket change for him.

So I'd say prob 6 months probation if that.

What disgusts me even more is that he is (as we all knew already) a piece of shit liar.

His spokesperson said he is adamant that he did nothing of the sort. Yet they have him on video in the act, as well as his name and birth date on a client list.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
When you have a daughter it hits even harder. Makes me ****ing ill.

As someone who has a 2 year old daughter I agree with you. It’s a terrifying thought to have her grow up in a world where this sort of thing happens to young women

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Dunno, just heard on the radio it was a human sex trafficking ring, so this is no longer funny but messed up.

Oof. How ******* stupid is Kraft? I'm not even talking the paid companionship thing. Not my cup of tea, but if you're going to go that route and have all the money in the world, go the more less disreputable route, not slave sex workers.

Apparently, there's bigger names involved. At least that's what I read somewhere.

Artie was in Florida, but I don't think he'd qualify as 'bigger'.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Apparently, there's bigger names involved. At least that's what I read somewhere.

It's obviously someone that would presumably shake the public because the individual is being kept secret so far. They showed a list of like 20 guys (Krafts name was on it)

But some names have been kept under lock and key.

Probably a bigger named politician or some thing.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's obviously someone that would presumably shake the public because the individual is being kept secret so far. They showed a list of like 20 guys (Krafts name was on it)

Has to be a really big name, because I don't exactly consider Kraft a small one.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
As someone who has a 2 year old daughter I agree with you. It’s a terrifying thought to have her grow up in a world where this sort of thing happens to young women

Ya it’s on your mind all the time as a father... and my daughter is getting more beautiful by the day and she’s only eight and already has a “boyfriend” who I can’t stand... she’s always getting love notes from other boys in her school and has two goobers who insist they want to marry her...

Hate that shit and I can’t do anything about it... it’s scary as hell shes already attracting so much attention at this age and I can only do so much to keep her safe from the creeps in the world.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Ya it’s on your mind all the time as a father... and my daughter is getting more beautiful by the day and she’s only eight and already has a “boyfriend” who I can’t stand... she’s always getting love notes from other boys in her school and has two goobers who insist they want to marry her...

Hate that **** and I can’t do anything about it... it’s scary as hell shes already attracting so much attention at this age and I can only do so much to keep her safe from the creeps in the world.

Yeah and then I read all these stories about people in Walmart or other stores taking pictures of kids and making them targets and all of this other sick **** and I always feel uneasy when I’m out in public. That’s why my wife and I also never post pictures of her on social media and won’t ever rage her location once she gets old enough, because God only knows what kind of creepy pervert could get ahold of that stuff

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Has to be a really big name, because I don't exactly consider Kraft a small one.

Well if Kraft knew about the place I would try to think of any big names that hang around him and then at that point it's just a guessing game.

But if Kraft of all people knew about this hole in the wall place, then I'm sure friends or business partners of his knew about it.

They said that Kraft would always have someone else drive him their in a car that was not his so obviously he knew it was shady. I wonder if he knew it was sex trafficking shady though.

Because paying a consenting prostitute is one thing.

But to knowingly solicite sex to women who are forced to be there and have no say in the matter is monstrous.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah and then I read all these stories about people in Walmart or other stores taking pictures of kids and making them targets and all of this other sick **** and I always feel uneasy when I’m out in public. That’s why my wife and I also never post pictures of her on social media and won’t ever rage her location once she gets old enough, because God only knows what kind of creepy pervert could get ahold of that stuff

All I can say is it’s just gonna get worse when she gets older for you, not gonna lie.

It’s kind of obvious as hell my daughter is going to be a knock out when she’s older and it’s going to age me decades worrying about her and the attention she’s going to draw without even trying. Like I said, it’s already happening... like c’mon...

I always treated women with tons of respect because that’s how my moms raised me, so it’s not like I have some bad karma coming my way...

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

Trust me I know all about this.
Being one of the higher managers of probably the biggest theme park(s) in the country.

We have more files and BOLOs on predators than anyone would care to know.

Being a young childs theme park we are a huge attractive target for them.

In the past 2 yrs we have jailed at least 5 dudes for following young kids and their family around the parks and taking photos of them, or worse.

We get calls all the time inside the park of families complaining of creeps doing all kinds of strange and even disgusting stuff.

Reactions: Al Smith and KIRK

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Being one of the higher managers of probably the biggest theme park(s) in the country.

In the past 2 yrs we have jailed at least 5 dudes for following young kids and their family around the parks and taking photos of them, or worse.

We get calls all the time inside the park of families complaining of creeps doing all kinds of strange and even disgusting stuff.

That’s just awesome.

I never even thought about this kind of stuff when I was out with my daughter. My thoughts were always concentrated on her not being safe if my wife and I aren’t there to protect her.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
All I can say is it’s just gonna get worse when she gets older for you, not gonna lie.

It’s kind of obvious as hell my daughter is going to be a knock out when she’s older and it’s going to age me decades worrying about her and the attention she’s going to draw without even trying. Like I said, it’s already happening... like c’mon...

I always treated women with tons of respect because that’s how my moms raised me, so it’s not like I have some bad karma coming my way...

Yeah I am not looking firward to her getting older. The scariest part is you can do everything right as a parent and teach about staying away from strangers etc. and something like this could still happen because it’s out of your/her hands

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

Well that is absolutely terrifying. I never even thought about an amusement park in that context but man that’s scary as ****. Someone could easily creep around a large park and not get caught.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Well that is absolutely terrifying. I never even thought about an amusement park in that context but man that’s scary as ****. Someone could easily creep around a large park and not get caught.

Ya honestly the things we have on file are creepy.

People are sick man...

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Self defense classes are a good start. I’m a certified Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) instructor. It’s pretty eye opening to see the amount of women who have no clue how to even remotely protect themselves from an attacker. They all wind up loving the class and it culminates with them being able to beat me up in a red man suit. One key point is attacking weaknesses, they lose a force on force situation 9/10 times so they’re taught to attack weak points on men, among other things.

It’s a national program so you should be able to find it for your daughters anywhere. Law Enforcement usually instructs it and men aren’t able to attend for obvious reasons.

Reactions: ColePens

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
This asian massage parlor trafficking happens everywhere. Seriously, google the name of the chinese massage place at your local questionable strip mall and there’s a pretty solid chance you’ll see people in the reviews talking about the kind of ‘services’ they get there. Sex trafficking happens right in plain sight and nobody cares.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I don't know that much about that area of the law, but it would seem that there's a fine line between prostitution - what Kraft was arrested for - and sex trafficking; as in most prostitution there's a third party taking a cut, which would seem to make it trafficking. I don't know what it would take to get Kraft's charges upped from soliciting prostitution to trafficking.

It will be interesting to see what kind of legs this story has and if the NFL owners impose any sanctions on their brother.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh

Ding ding ding...assuming I cannot post what I read.

Also, think about someone famous, previously involved in scandals surrounding “relationships” and an incident in Florida...

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Self defense classes are a good start. I’m a certified Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) instructor. It’s pretty eye opening to see the amount of women who have no clue how to even remotely protect themselves from an attacker. They all wind up loving the class and it culminates with them being able to beat me up in a red man suit. One key point is attacking weaknesses, they lose a force on force situation 9/10 times so they’re taught to attack weak points on men, among other things.

It’s a national program so you should be able to find it for your daughters anywhere. Law Enforcement usually instructs it and men aren’t able to attend for obvious reasons.

This... all day this.

Self defense for girls now days should be a must.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Ding ding ding...assuming I cannot post what I read.

Also, think about someone famous, previously involved in scandals surrounding “relationships” and an incident in Florida...

I live in Florida but I make it a point to stay away from the news and media.

I already have minimal faith in humanity if i watched it regularly I would be totally miserable.

So honestly I have no idea who it could be.

Guess I'll have to dig around.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

What ages do girls usually start these classes?

My daughter has been asking to take martial arts classes for awhile, but her hockey schedule makes it really difficult and they are crazy expensive now.

I’d like for both her and my wife to take a self defense class together at some point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad