The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
We have a team coached by Tomlin. We certainly won’t get the last laugh. I am confident that AB will go to a decent team and be very successful whereas we will be stuck in this mediocrity until
Ben retires.

At the end of the day, we still have awful coaching and a poor defense. Sure, some of the distractions will be gone but there will just be new issues under Tomlin.
Your schtick is getting old and annoying. All you do is post anti Steelers and anti Tomlin BS....in a Steelers thread. If you hate them so much perhaps it's time to stop following them and stop posting about it.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Your schtick is getting old and annoying. All you do is post anti Steelers and anti Tomlin BS....in a Steelers thread. If you hate them so much perhaps it's time to stop following them and stop posting about it.
So, you are a fan of Tomlin? I love Steelers; I’m bummed out what they have become. The level of incompetence from top to bottom is astounding. I’m sorry that I expect better from this team. They’ve done nothing over the last year to deserve anything except negativity. They have kind of brought on this hate themselves.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
So, you are a fan of Tomlin? I love Steelers; I’m bummed out what they have become. The level of incompetence from top to bottom is astounding. I’m sorry that I expect better from this team. They’ve done nothing over the last year to deserve anything except negativity. They have kind of brought on this hate themselves.

It gets unbearable to read. It's the same post over and over again.

Reactions: OnMyOwn

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It gets unbearable to read. It's the same post over and over again.
I gotcha. Sorry, someone said “we will see who gets the last laugh.” At the end of the day, we have a crappy defense and horrible coaching. Now we have 1 respectable free agent and a decent RB. We have no room to say AB is going to lose in the end. There will be all new problems under a Tomlin head coached team next year. Ben better be almost perfect next year after this whole AB blow up.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I gotcha. Sorry, someone said “we will see who gets the last laugh.” At the end of the day, we have a crappy defense and horrible coaching. Now we have 1 respectable free agent and a decent RB. We have no room to say AB is going to lose in the end. There will be all new problems under a Tomlin head coached team next year. Ben better be almost perfect next year after this whole AB blow up.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

This team needs a MLB and a decent CB and they are right back to being one of the better defenses. James Washington should make strides this year, but we could probably bring in a decent vet to play outside. They should have a top 96 pick for Brown. They should be able to manage a top 96 pick for Bell. That would give us 9 picks.

The issue with this upcoming season is that there is going to be some dead money. How much that hampers us, we will see.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This team needs a MLB and a decent CB and they are right back to being one of the better defenses. James Washington should make strides this year, but we could probably bring in a decent vet to play outside. They should have a top 96 pick for Brown. They should be able to manage a top 96 pick for Bell. That would give us 9 picks.

The issue with this upcoming season is that there is going to be some dead money. How much that hampers us, we will see.

They wouldn’t get a comp pick for Bell until 2020 if that happens...I doubt they’ll get a high pick for him if the tag him since it’s a transition tag that just allows them to match...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
They wouldn’t get a comp pick for Bell until 2020 if that happens...I doubt they’ll get a high pick for him if the tag him since it’s a transition tag that just allows them to match...

On the other hand, unless someone makes an insane offer for Bell, they very well may match.

What's the rule then on trading him? Any limitations?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
On the other hand, unless someone makes an insane offer for Bell, they very well may match.

What's the rule then on trading him? Any limitations?

I think they can trade him if he signs their tag, otherwise it’s just that the Steelers tag him and then another team can make an offer, which he signs and the Steelers have the right to match but if they don’t, they’re owed no compensation

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think they can trade him if he signs their tag, otherwise it’s just that the Steelers tag him and then another team can make an offer, which he signs and the Steelers have the right to match but if they don’t, they’re owed no compensation

What I wondered.

If that's the case, then here's how it plays out after the Steelers tag him . . .

Some team makes a monster offer the Steelers couldn't possibly match. But, is anyone going to give Bell a lot more than what the Steelers offered last summer? If yes, then the gamble fails. If no, if MAYBE a little more money and MAYBE something with the guaranteed dollars, then you're not going to scare off the Steelers from matching.

In THAT case, I think you'll get some handshake deal, where a deal is done, the Steelers 'match', and then they promptly trade him to the team that signed him to the tag.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What I wondered.

If that's the case, then here's how it plays out after the Steelers tag him . . .

Some team makes a monster offer the Steelers couldn't possibly match. But, is anyone going to give Bell a lot more than what the Steelers offered last summer? If yes, then the gamble fails. If no, if MAYBE a little more money and MAYBE something with the guaranteed dollars, then you're not going to scare off the Steelers from matching.

In THAT case, I think you'll get some handshake deal, where a deal is done, the Steelers 'match', and then they promptly trade him to the team that signed him to the tag.

Yeah, I guess if there’s some behind the scenes machinations with another team...don’t know if that really happens or is realistic but sure, if it’s not against NFL rules, then I guess that’s possible

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Sounds like now if AB keeps his mouth shut for the next couple weeks, some in the know think a first rounder isn’t impossible. Situation is apparently changing by the hour or some silliness...

If they get a first I’m guessing it’s GB who has two... believe #30 could be had... and the Raiders who have three... think it’s #27 they have and Steelers could fetch.

My money is on the Raiders still. They have three firsts, Gruden hates rookies, he needs to win, they have no legit flankers now, and they have never cared about problem children. Gruden just gave up a third for Bryant, who was suspended for more games than he ever played in.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Lmao anyone else see LeVeon Bell posted a photo playing video games with Raw Cone Blunts on the desk.

Lmao...

This dude is gonna pop again.

I just know it, and whatever team pays him is gonna be left with their you know what in their hands. As he gets suspended for the yr.

They better keep that guaranteed money low.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Lmao anyone else see LeVeon Bell posted a photo playing video games with Raw Cone Blunts on the desk.

Lmao...

This dude is gonna pop again.

I just know it, and whatever team pays him is gonna be left with their you know what in their hands. As he gets suspended for the yr.

They better keep that guaranteed money low.

I think his sloth running style will be the bigger issue. He has no explosion left, he needs bulk touches to get his numbers and be effective.

Pretty sure he’s going to be like a 1200-1300 all purpose yards guy for whomever signs him, which is about slightly above avg production for a back. However, not anywhere close to worth 15-16 M.

I highly suspect Conner outproduces him, and he will be doing it for less than a mil.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009

Former Steelers wideout Da'Marcus Ayers made the PFF Team of the Week for the AAF with a 5 catch, 80 yard performance against Orlando

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016

Former Steelers wideout Da'Marcus Ayers made the PFF Team of the Week for the AAF with a 5 catch, 80 yard performance against Orlando

Good for him. The Steelers get those players that really only play a couple games, make a moderate impact in a game/few games, then just fall off the earth. Ayers had like 5 catches, 44 yds and a TD in a game for the Steelers, but it was one of those garbage time/meaningless home games against the Browns. I think Cobi Hamilton was another who had some success... against the Browns, of course in that same game, and is now a journeyman (last cut by the Colts in 2018 I see).

Another one that comes to mind is Isaac Redman. He had over 120 yds rushing in that brutal playoff loss to Tebow.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
I think his sloth running style will be the bigger issue. He has no explosion left, he needs bulk touches to get his numbers and be effective.

Pretty sure he’s going to be like a 1200-1300 all purpose yards guy for whomever signs him, which is about slightly above avg production for a back.

That's the point that has most baffled me over the whole Bell debate.

Those of his point of view have repeatedly used his career yards per game average, his total yards per season, etc. as justifications for why he deserves what he's demanding on the market. That's all well and good, but at the exact same time, they will agree with his complaints over the amount of touches he received per season, that he's been run into the ground by the Steelers, etc.

And no one ever puts 2 and 2 together pointing out the contraction in those two opinions.

He feels like he's received a raw deal on the Steelers with the amount of touches he's been given wearing out his body earlier compared to backs on other teams. That's fine if he feels that, he's likely more right than he is wrong considering Tomlin refuses to utilize a running back by committee approach.

That said, you don't then get to point to the yards accumulated thanks in no small part to all those touches as reasoning for why you should be paid so much more than what the position statistically is valued at, when if you had it your preferred way, you wouldn't be getting the touches to accumulate the yards you demand compensation for in the first place.

I've felt like I've been the only one following this whole fiasco taking crazy pills because no one bothers to point this obvious hypocrisy out.

Through his own words, he's basically stated his terms are whoever signs him pay him for his past production, while not forcing him the touches that he needed to accumulate the production he's demanding payment for.

If he can get some gullible GM to actually do it, then more power to him, but it's makes no goddamn sense.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

Decent vet WR I'd take a shot at is Tyrelle Pryor.

Reactions: domaug

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Good for him. The Steelers get those players that really only play a couple games, make a moderate impact in a game/few games, then just fall off the earth. Ayers had like 5 catches, 44 yds and a TD in a game for the Steelers, but it was one of those garbage time/meaningless home games against the Browns. I think Cobi Hamilton was another who had some success... against the Browns, of course in that same game, and is now a journeyman (last cut by the Colts in 2018 I see).

Another one that comes to mind is Isaac Redman. He had over 120 yds rushing in that brutal playoff loss to Tebow.

Markus Wheaton's game against the Seahawks comes to mind as well.

Reactions: Rossi Rat

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
considering Bell's history, it's probably best to just cut him loose anyway.

i just hope they get SOMETHING of value for Nutso at this point

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That's the point that has most baffled me over the whole Bell debate.

Those of his point of view have repeatedly used his career yards per game average, his total yards per season, etc. as justifications for why he deserves what he's demanding on the market. That's all well and good, but at the exact same time, they will agree with his complaints over the amount of touches he received per season, that he's been run into the ground by the Steelers, etc.

And no one ever puts 2 and 2 together pointing out the contraction in those two opinions.

He feels like he's received a raw deal on the Steelers with the amount of touches he's been given wearing out his body earlier compared to backs on other teams. That's fine if he feels that, he's likely more right than he is wrong considering Tomlin refuses to utilize a running back by committee approach.

That said, you don't then get to point to the yards accumulated thanks in no small part to all those touches as reasoning for why you should be paid so much more than what the position statistically is valued at, when if you had it your preferred way, you wouldn't be getting the touches to accumulate the yards you demand compensation for in the first place.

I've felt like I've been the only one following this whole fiasco taking crazy pills because no one bothers to point this obvious hypocrisy out.

Through his own words, he's basically stated his terms are whoever signs him pay him for his past production, while not forcing him the touches that he needed to accumulate the production he's demanding payment for.

If he can get some gullible GM to actually do it, then more power to him, but it's makes no goddamn sense.

You aren’t taking crazy pills and I’ve been harping on this for almost two years.

For him to be worth what he wants, Bell needs about 375-400 touches a season, because he has no explosion and he gets small chunks at a time. The problem is he can’t stay healthy when he does that, so it’s a huge catch 22.

Bell having 225-50 carries and 50 catches is about a 950/400 yards guy.

Hard to believe GMs are going to be stupid enough to pay 15m+ for that, but there’s always a dumb ass GM who becomes brain dead every March so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad