The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I still think you keep him. Let him whine and sit out if he wants. The dude is all about his stats, let it hurt him that way. He shouldn’t just get what he wants.

The whopping 5th round pick and 1 million saved we’ll get is pretty much nothing, anyway. He also can’t hurt the team any more than he has.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I still think you keep him. Let him whine and sit out if he wants. The dude is all about his stats, let it hurt him that way. He shouldn’t just get what he wants.

The whopping 5th round pick and 1 million saved we’ll get is pretty much nothing, anyway. He also can’t hurt the team any more than he has.

Agreed. They should have been told him to shut up so they can move him. He's making it impossible to get a good return so make him suffer.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

He will consistently do what he did in week 17 and every player that spoke about it said that it affected their mentality for the Bengals game. If he does it all year it will be one giant black cloud hanging over the team and it would absolutely affect them. Trade him for whatever you can get at this point and cut your losses with the guy

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

hahaha that would be amazing if he makes this post, then in a few months he has to either report to camp or sit out.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
He will consistently do what he did in week 17 and every player that spoke about it said that it affected their mentality for the Bengals game. If he does it all year it will be one giant black cloud hanging over the team and it would absolutely affect them. Trade him for whatever you can get at this point and cut your losses with the guy
They’ll get used to it like the Bell situation. I can see it affecting them for one game last year when it just happened. This would be different IMO.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
It’s amazing to me the team can lose the number 1 RB and number 1 WR in the league...get nothing in return, and people still keep their jobs.

If Tomlin was a Sr Manager in a public company, he'd been gone long ago. The Steelers' stock has plummeted

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Hey, FYI, my low 1st or equivalent return call came BEFORE the lunacy of the last week or so (SB week, the domestic violence, the other crap). :laugh:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Antonio Brown

Verified account
AB84
7m7 minutes ago
More
Thank you SteelerNation for a big 9 years...time to move on and forward..........#NewDemands

Best Steelers related tweet I’ve seen in yrs.

Been consistently writing for 2-3 years now he needs off this team. Sadly many ppl get blinded by fantasy stats.

With Bell and Brown gone, I can finally enjoy watching the Steelers play again. Winning games with help from two guys like that sucked all the joy out of any wins for me.

Hey, FYI, my low 1st or equivalent return call came BEFORE the lunacy of the last week or so (SB week, the domestic violence, the other crap). :laugh:

Oh you thought the crazy football player could not be crazy for a couple months?

Had to factor in his crazy, that’s why I hoped for a second. Now that’s looking like a pipe dream.

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

Knowing that you tend to understand how player value works and that you seem to be one of the more rational posters especially when it comes to this certain topic I kind of figured that was before he went even crazier. So updated prediction with all the new info at hand?

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
AB has lost his mind. The age of social media and self absorption at its finest with these Pittsburgh Steelers!

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Good riddance.

He's been a real issue this year at times with his antics and if he doesn't want to be here then feel free to leave. Thanks for the TD's.

Reactions: TNT87

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Best Steelers related tweet I’ve seen in yrs.

Been consistently writing for 2-3 years now he needs off this team. Sadly many ppl get blinded by fantasy stats.

With Bell and Brown gone, I can finally enjoy watching the Steelers play again. Winning games with help from two guys like that sucked all the joy out of any wins for me.

Oh you thought the crazy football player could not be crazy for a couple months?

Had to factor in his crazy, that’s why I hoped for a second. Now that’s looking like a pipe dream.

I think that with Brown and Bell gone the Steelers will legitimately be a better team for it. People talk about losing their talent, but their cancerous attitudes and me first spotlight hogging nonsense outweighs what they do on the field. I bet the Steelers win the division next season with both gone. They still need to upgrade the defense badly but I think losing these two morons helps them drastically which disappointments me because that means one more threat to the Chargers in the AFC now

Reactions: KIRK

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think that with Brown and Bell gone the Steelers will legitimately be a better team for it. People talk about losing their talent, but their cancerous attitudes and me first spotlight hogging nonsense outweighs what they do on the field. I bet the Steelers win the division next season with both gone. They still need to upgrade the defense badly but I think losing these two morons helps them drastically which disappointments me because that means one more threat to the Chargers in the AFC now

As long as Roth is around I’m not worried about it.

It honestly can’t be anymore miserable watching them.

I think they will still be a playoff team, if not then maybe it gets Tomlin with a foot out the door.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Get these f****** baby divas off the team. Him and Bell are a discrase to the league. Conner and Juju will tear it up those 2 losers can play wherever, I dont give a s***.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I saw an article that suggested AB is tired of being a scapegoat for the team. I think that just speaks to his self-centeredness. Of all the reasons we were losing, he was not one of them. Sure, his antics and distractions definitely were a negative, but Tomlin and defensive issues were what most people blamed the season on.

I briefly hoped this could be reconciled but at this point I just want him gone so he doesn't accidentally corrupt JuJu.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
If he is still a Steeler next season they are a joke of an organization that has lost control over everything. I wonder if Art II still thinks his team isn’t a circus. “Nothing to see here... Steeler way blah blah blah.”

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
This situation just blows. Because you know they're going to end up trading him, won't get a 1st round pick, and will end up using that pick to draft some cornerback, safety or linebacker who will probably be a bust.

Worst part is, is he basically sabotaged any value he did have with his off field antics this offseason so far.

Was it on purpose or not? Who knows.

But we just went from a surefire late first to mid 2nd round pick. To praying for a 3rd or 4th.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Worst part is, is he basically sabotaged any value he did have with his off field antics this offseason so far.

Was it on purpose or not? Who knows.

But we just went from a surefire late first to mid 2nd round pick. To praying for a 3rd or 4th.

What will be really funny is when they draft a WR in round 1 after they trade Brown for a 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad